Hunk of junk

That's relative. Of course is what almost every Falcon pic looks like but I envisioned it landing on Endor, for example. You know something a bit more different. Thanks for looking.
Might be a bit of a bumpy landing seeing as the gear is retracted :lol Love love love the led's :thumbsup

Thanks! The stand I got from Ebay, really cool looking but a bit hard to put together. Needed a bit of Dremel care in one of the posts to fit to the base.

I have that model kit. Did yours have Return of the Jedi on the front?
When I got mine Christmas 2010, I didn't even know there were different versions, 5 footer and 32 inch. I look at it now and see the problems, but it is still a nice model.
The cockpit missing a few of the bands annoys me the most I think.
Yours on the stand looks very nice, mine it hanging from the ceiling. Like your lights too, mine has none.

I have that model kit. Did yours have Return of the Jedi on the front?
When I got mine Christmas 2010, I didn't even know there were different versions, 5 footer and 32 inch. I look at it now and see the problems, but it is still a nice model.
The cockpit missing a few of the bands annoys me the most I think.
Yours on the stand looks very nice, mine it hanging from the ceiling. Like your lights too, mine has none.

More then 90% of people will not notice the differences and the "problems" the model has. Apart from been a very difficult kit to put together, it has nice detail and its a good representation of the Falcon. My intention was to refresh my abilities, acquire new ones to tackle the Hasbro, but most probably to tackle the DeAgostino. I think the Hasbro will be put on hold for now.

I'm working on an AMT/Ertle Falcon myself.
But I foolishly got this crazy notion that I wanted to accurize it, by beefing up the saucer shape and thinning down the side walls.
I cut off the cockpit, the escape pod tunnels, the mandibles, jawboxes, and engine quarters.
It's currently in 4 times as many pieces as it was when I opened the box.
I may have bit off more than I can chew...

Yours looks great.
Great job on the engines.

I'm working on an AMT/Ertle Falcon myself.
But I foolishly got this crazy notion that I wanted to accurize it, by beefing up the saucer shape and thinning down the side walls.
I cut off the cockpit, the escape pod tunnels, the mandibles, jawboxes, and engine quarters.
It's currently in 4 times as many pieces as it was when I opened the box.
I may have bit off more than I can chew...

Yours looks great.
Great job on the engines.

Does that mean you are 'Chewie'?
;^D Sorry, couldn't stop myself!

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back