Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

Re: Aspiring Deadpools, first image of the 2016 film costume has been released.

So anyone have any success modifying the cheap DP suits out there to make them kick ass yet? Seems some could use a decent faceshell and a few mods to really work... Anyone have pics of their work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but hes obviously no rpf member. because he doesnt want to sell/share anything, although he has made molds of his pieces.:cool

why wouldnt someone grab the oppertunity to earn their costs back? Thats what i dont understand.

Love how you're giving Todd (@AZspidey ) a bit of a ribbing /sarcasmoff yet he's a member here and he is entitle to do as he pleases with his work, I myself often make items that aren't ever sold to public.

i have been a member for a few years now and i thought it was all about sharing and helping eachother... Thats the vibe i feel on this forum. Thats all im trying to say.

Love how you're giving Todd (@AZspidey ) a bit of a ribbing /sarcasmoff yet he's a member here and he is entitle to do as he pleases with his work, I myself often make items that aren't ever sold to public.

i have been a member for a few years now and i thought it was all about sharing and helping eachother... Thats the vibe i feel on this forum. Thats all im trying to say.

To be honest you sound a little entitled, he has sold his work before, he shares his work via his facebook and multiple threads/comments here (and a member since 2002). Sharing doesn't need to include selling or giving away your designs, I shared my work long before I considered selling it and if I didn't decide to sell it/or give it away, does that mean I'm some how less of a member? Do you sell or give your items/designs away?

Last edited:
i dont mean it in a bad way.. im just sharing my expierences so far.. and its just the first person i encounterd that doesnt sell or share something in this particular case.
As said he is free to do as he likes. i dont care.
And yes is sold some stuff before and shared files i made for my iron man suits.

I would love to purchase the shoulder pads from AZspidey but he's not currently motivated or cares to sell them. His designs, his efforts, his choice. He said his process for the shoulder pads (if anyone cares to know) was to paper mache -> fiber glass -> mold pieces -> sew onto suit. Todd really has great talents, I think he actually has his mask for sale or at least he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
but hes obviously no rpf member. because he doesnt want to sell/share anything, although he has made molds of his pieces.:cool

I am an rpf member, and one way longer than you, so lets not forget that therpf is the Replica Prop Forum and not etsy or ebay. The reason I have molds is to make the parts I needed for my suit in the correct materials that cannot be scratch built. The costume was not shown on this message board to avoid all the "how much for a suit" messages, but was shared with the rpf facebook page which received very little interest. Im sorry I cannot supply everyone with parts for a deadpool costume as I am just too busy with everything else in life and am currently enjoying being the only one with my piece. It took me 7 1/2 months to complete my suit, and Im not just gonna sell parts and become another face in the deadpool crowd. So lets spread the love and if you want a deadpool suit there are plenty of quality builders on this site.
-Todd
13710566_10208069368986519_8382515947011681464_o.jpg

I am an rpf member, and one way longer than you, so lets not forget that therpf is the Replica Prop Forum and not etsy or ebay. The reason I have molds is to make the parts I needed for my suit in the correct materials that cannot be scratch built. The costume was not shown on this message board to avoid all the "how much for a suit" messages, but was shared with the rpf facebook page which received very little interest. Im sorry I cannot supply everyone with parts for a deadpool costume as I am just too busy with everything else in life and am currently enjoying being the only one with my piece. It took me 7 1/2 months to complete my suit, and Im not just gonna sell parts and become another face in the deadpool crowd. So lets spread the love and if you want a deadpool suit there are plenty of quality builders on this site.
-Todd
View attachment 651318

Yep, completely your choice to choose whether or not you want to sell or make other parts for other people. Reading your previous posts you don't often prefer to share your work but RIGHTFULLY so. That statement about not wanting to be the same as another Deadpool makes plenty sense. I've been to two comic conventions in Houston and I have yet to see anyone have another El_fett mask (and now suit) so I can definitely see your point.

You put in endless amounts of work and effort into your projects so the end products come out extremely accurate. Keep on with the amazing work, hopefully we get to see the next project you partake in.

Last edited:
So, long time lurker on this post.

Couple of questions if anyone can help out.

1. The brown military belt.

The edging that can be seen at the front by the buckle doesn't seem like it goes all the way round.

2762E39300000578-3032832-image-a-1_1428638089309.jpg

On a couple of pictures

deadpool-2.jpg

and here

galeria3.jpg

there's a black buckle / loop on the side.

Do we think that's how the belt does up?
Similar to this

Chest-Belt-Strap-for-Garmin-Wahoo-Polar-Wireless-Sports-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Watch-Suitable-for-AN.jpg
2. Drop leg panels / pistol belt

Thanks to Justcallmelee I've got all the requisite 5.11 parts

Is the top strap of the drop leg panel just cut at the seam or the stitching just unpicked to allow it to be removed?

As for the 2 x 5.11 belts stitched together, has anyone got ideas of the exact layout?

This pic doesn't seem to show any stitching directly in the middle, but the belt seems to end on the left as you look at it

vtcVdXh.jpg

Then as you work your way round to this pic

L2OYtbC.jpg

it would seem that the loop coming up from the leg panel is underneath the belt

but on this pic, you can see the loop from the leg panel going over the belt

ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-on-set-09.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
guys, i found this on a dutch store. This could be a good option for the red fabric. I will order a sample just to see what is looks like IRL.
In matter of fact... i think this could be spot on!

Its Stretch with 2x2mm square-dot 3d texture and it has u subtile gloss shine to it according to the description.
54%cotton 43%poly 3%lycra

800x800_5687.jpg

Last edited:
guys, i found this on a dutch store. This could be a good option for the red fabric. I will order a sample just to see what is looks like IRL.
In matter of fact... i think this could be spot on!

Its Stretch with 2x2mm square-dot 3d texture and it has u subtile gloss shine to it according to the description.
54%cotton 43%poly 3%lycra

View attachment 666384
That looks brilliant where can we order some?

Sent From The Batcave

I ordered a sample piece. I will make pictures of it to show you guys. hopefully its good.
Its only a small shop so maybe i will buy-in en sell for you guys at the rpf only.
Cool what's the pricing of it per meter/yard?
9fef20d70b9db55039aa7235a3743796.jpg

Been working on my own attempt by hand but it's a long process be easier just to buy fabric for it
Sent From The Batcave

Hi everyone! i received the sample of the Fabric today. And i think its spot on!
The texture is really nice. The upper layer has an nice shine to it.
I also believe the color could be spot on. Its a nice blue-ish red and not a yellow-ish red.
In one direction its stretches nicely about 2cm, but in the other direction just a few mm's

Here are some pictures (first 2 in Daylight, second two in glowbolt lightning, the picture with the bag is also Daylight):

IMG_7372.JPGIMG_7373.JPGIMG_7374.JPGIMG_7375.JPG

Here you can see the color difference between a yellowred bag and the fabric.
IMG_7376.JPG

What do you guys think?

Hi everyone! i received the sample of the Fabric today. And i think its spot on!
The texture is really nice. The upper layer has an nice shine to it.
I also believe the color could be spot on. Its a nice blue-ish red and not a yellow-ish red.
In one direction its stretches nicely about 2cm, but in the other direction just a few mm's

Here are some pictures (first 2 in Daylight, second two in glowbolt lightning, the picture with the bag is also Daylight):

View attachment 666877View attachment 666878View attachment 666879View attachment 666880

Here you can see the color difference between a yellowred bag and the fabric.
View attachment 666881

What do you guys think?

Looks pretty spot on! You got a link?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back