Deadpool movie suit research thread *NEW PICS*

We've been working on a glove prototypes, no molds or casts but I think they've come up pretty well for just the leather work.
Gloves2.png

I didn't have time to actually make anything this year, but here is my Deadpool costume made by Xcoser. They've got some good suits...I had to actually do some work on this one, but not too bad. I have boots and chin guards too, but not in this pic....My next suit will be another IronMan or Spiderman...still debating...
13320442_10153582538581905_3244692278583479041_o.jpg

So this weekend was awesome! I bumped into Justin Harder (if you look into his photos I'm the tallest/closest Asian standing next to him) and he got to wear on the actual movie suit for a mexican deadpool commercial . He's going to send me some high res images of the suit (he was fortunate to keep overnight to dry in his hotel room) if anyone is still following this thread let me know and I'll try to upload them!

View attachment 631672 any clue to what kind of pattern or fabric the black parts of the gloves are?
Neat, Didn't even notice there was a zipper on the gloves!

So this weekend was awesome! I bumped into Justin Harder (if you look into his photos I'm the tallest/closest Asian standing next to him) and he got to wear on the actual movie suit for a mexican deadpool commercial . He's going to send me some high res images of the suit (he was fortunate to keep overnight to dry in his hotel room) if anyone is still following this thread let me know and I'll try to upload them!
Definitely upload them, I always love to see the up close nitty gritty pics of the suit

Did Justin Harder ever send you the photos of the suit? Would love to see quality close up photos of the actual suit that wasn't involved in marketing lol

Did Justin Harder ever send you the photos of the suit? Would love to see quality close up photos of the actual suit that wasn't involved in marketing lol

Got pictures through an email today but I don't have time to upload them. RPF isn't accepting the file type even though its a .png extension. Have work overnight today so hopefully I can do something about it tomorrow!

IMG_0945.jpegIMG_0936.jpegIMG_2150.jpeg

Hopefully these help, he only sent a few but its better than nothing.

He did say that the suit needed to be repaired constantly as it ripped plenty of times. He also mentioned that he felt the costume felt more like a leather but as numerous reports from other people have the suits material is probably a screen printed thicker spandex. Closer to what El_fett and his team have achieved.

I think I found some red fabric that might be interesting for you Deadpool-makers out there. I bought this fabric two years ago before I knew about screen-printed stretch fabric. What I have here is actually (thick) red stretch fabric which has a cordura-like weave. I think it's a "close-enough" found-fabric for most people who has a limited budget.
Problem is, it is bought locally in Beijing. They do not sell online..

IMG_20160703_211041.jpg

View attachment 640044View attachment 640043View attachment 640045

Hopefully these help, he only sent a few but its better than nothing.

He did say that the suit needed to be repaired constantly as it ripped plenty of times. He also mentioned that he felt the costume felt more like a leather but as numerous reports from other people have the suits material is probably a screen printed thicker spandex. Closer to what El_fett and his team have achieved.

Thats amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

i found this on Etsy.. the form and eyes look really accurate to the movie suit.
The fabric is not spot on but with a little airbrushing it would look quit good!

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-08 um 12.26.57.png

Not sure if anyone's seen this photo or not. I've been looking a lot about what people are doing for swords (I'm on El Fetts suit list) and I keep seeing overlapping scabbards which isn't correct, as I suspected the blades do, or nearly do touch each other crossing under the top cover plate for the scabbard making them flush instead of overlapping. I don't really have the means to create this type of thing, but if someone else does this could help... and I'll buy one from you if it's made to fit a Wakizashi sized blade, 76cm. Which is shorter than a katana's 103cm blade so drawing from the back would be capable.
ba8Ut9K.jpg

Not sure if anyone's seen this photo or not. I've been looking a lot about what people are doing for swords (I'm on El Fetts suit list) and I keep seeing overlapping scabbards which isn't correct, as I suspected the blades do, or nearly do touch each other crossing under the top cover plate for the scabbard making them flush instead of overlapping. I don't really have the means to create this type of thing, but if someone else does this could help... and I'll buy one from you if it's made to fit a Wakizashi sized blade, 76cm. Which is shorter than a katana's 103cm blade so drawing from the back would be capable.
View attachment 642849
I dont think there are even swords in them most of the time I would guess it's one solid piece of then when he draws them. Your idea seams sound to me though of the blades for us to draw them. When I move on to this project after batman (may have sussed a way to make the fabric without the expense, will share after trial runs) I'd say don't buy of the shelf swords and instead have them made or make them yourself you're going to want a really thin blades to keep the sleek look of the film. Most if what I've seen people ar making huge back scabbards and it doesn't look th best

Sent From The Batcave

hi guys, this may be useful to some people.
so when i was making my deadpool suit i was wondering if i could make it in 2 layers, a spandex shirt underneath with red sleeves and the shoulder armor and the upper sleeveless shirt [like Captain America & Green Arrow] but i couldn't find a nice way to hide it but when i attached the straps in the back i came to realization that you can hide the hem to the sleeveless shirt on top right where the straps are and where the push-dagger holster ends, so if you make it that way you have way more mobility with your arms

Attachments

• SCAN0026.JPG
    SCAN0026.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Noticed the barrels at the top of the pic. Assuming that's a Desert Eagle airlift or BB - yes? If so, do the holsters fit? If so, which weapon did you get?

Todd Cook's deadpool costume is by far the most accurate costume out there , all the way from the mask to the shoulders,the fabric is spot on, just perfect.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back