Sunglasses & Spectacles!

The Daredevil/Matt Murdock frames appear to be Savile Row model "Walmer" in Chromium/Shiny Silver, with a saddle bridge (no nose pads). They would have had to custom make the red lenses...

The Daredevil/Matt Murdock frames appear to be Savile Row model "Walmer" in Chromium/Shiny Silver, with a saddle bridge (no nose pads). They would have had to custom make the red lenses...

I REALLY don't think that's accurate. I haven't put time into researching them, but Matt's glasses seem to be perfect ovals and the Walmer's have a flatter top than bottom. Also the bridge looks wrong to me.

I REALLY don't think that's accurate. I haven't put time into researching them, but Matt's glasses seem to be perfect ovals and the Walmer's have a flatter top than bottom. Also the bridge looks wrong to me.

Thanks for the note, Risu! I've seen pics where the Walmers look truly oval but others where I can see what you're describing. Perhaps we can find a front angle to overlay with the poster image of Murdock. I wish I had a pair in hand to compare... Berkshire Chase, affiliated with SR, has a "Saddle Oval" frame that may be a true oval as well.

Here's another close frame from another manufacturer: http://www.eyeglasses.com/glasses/dolomiti-eyewear-oc4s.html

One of the toughest parts is comparing the overall proportions with product images of frames that are available in a few sizes.

Indy, any date in mind yet when the Indy glasses may become available on your Internet site ?

And I'm also interested in the Daredevil / Matt Murdock frame from the new Netfix series. Just in case :D.

Oh please make the Invisible man glasses, so rare and when you do find them they sell for big money.
Mike

Attachments

• invisible-man-header-sm.jpg
    invisible-man-header-sm.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Invisible-Man-2.png
    Invisible-Man-2.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 260
Here are the specs we've come up with our Indiana Jones style "Professor Glasses":

Click the above photo for more angles and measurements.

These are also the glasses worn by Johnny Depp in The Ninth Gate.

I just thought about getting some Indy glasses. I don't usually go into the costume forum. Looks like I stumbled in here at just the right time!

I will go ahead and follow up my interest in original Smith glasses.

The Matt Smith glasses look awesome. Unfortunately, I'd never be able to squeeze my head into them.

Keeping an eye on this thread... would LOVE Daredevil glasses definitely. I'll keep a look out for your Indiana Jones ones too but the Matt Murdock ones would be my everyday glasses for sure! Great work on all these, my friend loves his Tennant glasses and the Smith ones look gorgeous.

I'm interested in Smith's Sunglasses from Matrix Reloaded. Original eyewear from M1 looks ok, but agents' sunglasses from sequel looks a little more cool for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back