What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

Great Alien Themed stand best I have seen :)
Thank you.

This is another project that is back on the work bench.

BTTF2 Nike Footwear tube bag.
a58a012cd464f928194afe89aecc0719.jpg
2eb0c9b2c247198fc31b6d36486c51bf.jpg
b73f2bba7a86bb375a54c3c616989550.jpg
cefd43448ba7e60758a721c472a96db2.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

I decided that my BB-8 was too clean.

I realized that I have not actually weathered something before. All my other projects have been textured during the painting process. @Adam Savage is right. This type of prop enhancement is actually relaxing and it doesn't matter if you apply too much or not enough. As you play with the paint, you find that happy medium.

This is the 1/2 scale Jack's Pacific that I modded so it didn't need to sit on the three small feet.

At one point I was thinking about a stand but I wanted greater placement flexibility, so I have used weights inside the base of the bottom ball allowing my BB-8 to now free stand. If it gets knocked, it rocks a bit until it centres itself.
c1df3419824744a3a18ae0012ea7fc2c.jpg
deebe9a51d23c357d9c725a95838ebeb.jpg

Last edited:

My recent one-day build.
Started with a pretty good resin cast I bought on E-Bay.
View attachment 707660View attachment 707661

I drilled out the "bulb" portion of the casting and inserted a real automotive bulb.

View attachment 707663

Then using a mix of spray paint, acrylics and Rub N Buff to finish it. Not a bad attempt at an ANH Han version of the droid caller.

View attachment 707664View attachment 707665View attachment 707666

Cheers
Steven

Nice job! it looks like the real deal metal version.

View attachment 811672

Always wanted a Bat'leth - pushed my little domestic use jigsaw to the limits cutting this out and now my arms getting a work out correcting all the mistakes :)
ive got access to a laser cutter my cousin has at work, this would be a nice little easy prop to make !!! But the wife says WHY !!! My reply, Because I can ( when I’ve time ) please show pics of your handles when you’ve wrapped them.

Trying to add a little magic to a custom saber, only cost £9 for a sound card from a cheap saber toy, not sure what I’m doing yet as I’m still picking up the know how on electronics
image.jpg

Is that a Maplin 60W solder station, been looking at buying one are they any good?
It is a maplin and it’s not too bad, they are closing down and had 40% off so I thought it would be rude not to pick one up, as a beginner I’m probably not using it to its full potential as yet

It is a maplin and it’s not too bad, they are closing down and had 40% off so I thought it would be rude not to pick one up, as a beginner I’m probably not using it to its full potential as yet
Cool will have to pop down to my local and see if I can pick one up. There a couple of jobs I'd like to do using one of these (been a while since I used one mind) but good to know your happy with it :)

Wrapping up a project for a fellow member (and who I now consider a friend)..

Rocketeer Jet Pack electronics kit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYbadmtagg

Just about ready to send things out to get some bare PCB's made.. before the final PCB order..

Anyone else looking for 'partner up' for some projects and need the electronics done... let me know!!

Always looking for make new friends and work on projects with other people. (especially FUN projects!)

Edit/Update:

Member: Valor is currently doing a run of these!! Get them now! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trying to add a little magic to a custom saber, only cost £9 for a sound card from a cheap saber toy, not sure what I’m doing yet as I’m still picking up the know how on electronics
View attachment 812148

Ahhh poodoo !! The magic didn’t work, lights on and flicker when clashed but the sound went from nice and loud to a crackle then off to a slight click on the speaker :cry
back to the drawing board

Wrapping up a project for a fellow member (and who I now consider a friend)..

Rocketeer Jet Pack electronics kit:

Just about ready to send things out to get some bare PCB's made.. before the final PCB order..

Anyone else looking for 'partner up' for some projects and need the electronics done... let me know!!

Always looking for make new friends and work on projects with other people. (especially FUN projects!)
love it
The sound fantastic and the lights look hot, nice work

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back