What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Re: What's on your workbench?

My wife and I recently joined the 501st, so TK armour! :)

DSCF4049.JPG

Here is my 2 piece bucket.

Finally tracked down and modded the joystick for a Goldeneye limpet mine. I have to do the electric board so it actually lights up but I couldn't wait to see it together.

My workbench is just clutter:

And more clutter:

And even more clutter:

Leaving the workshop the other night, it looked like so:

I decided it was horrible, so the next day I spent some time getting a few things put away. Here's a shot after a few hours' progress:

It's a lot easier to make cool stuff when you can remember where you left it...

Are those vacuformed?

Yes they certainly are. They are AP, so I didn't make the parts. I chose AP because I wanted a proper 2 piece bucket for my costume.
2013-07-06 23.23.40.jpg
The buckets went together quite easily and I now have 2 ready for paint and decals.

I finished this Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake bandolier just in time for Comic Con! I’m very happy with the way it turned out but would love to learn how to make snaps and buckles to make the next one more accurate.

I'm currently working on a handle for an Angel Blade from Supernatural. First time on a lathe (other than a small project on a metal lathe in high school) and I was working with dull chisels and a poplar dowel of questionable age and storage so this pic it of it while it was spinning since even sanding didn't clean it up fully. I was pretty happy with it as a test shaping. But there definitely areas to refine on a final piece. I'll be getting back at it this week with a fresh set of wood turning tools and a nicer chunk of wood as a blank. I'll eventually be pairing this with the blade I've already made out of Aves apoxie and casting it (that's what the small peg at the top is for, to peg into the blade).

IMG_3387_zps9aead407.jpg

Ignore the angle of the tool rest, it was pushed out of the way for sanding.

Attachments

• IMG_3387_zps9aead407.jpg
    IMG_3387_zps9aead407.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back