What's on your workbench? (no Star Wars, Marvel or DC stuff)

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell@Jan 14 2006, 02:03 PM
David, let's make some Dune still-suits already.

Me and you, baby.

Rylo
[snapback]1159043[/snapback]​

Sounds good to me.
:)

David

What the heck is this? It doesn't look familiar to me. It's kinda cool that you are making a prop from a frosting knife.. :)

Originally posted by slave1pilot@Jan 14 2006, 04:47 AM
well, I'm not doing anything as cool as you guys.
But I'm enjoying myself.
shintools007.JPG

shintools008.JPG

shintools009.JPG

that's what I did today.
Still need some weathering.
[snapback]1158704[/snapback]​

Originally posted by moffeaton@Jan 13 2006, 02:38 PM
IMGP8577.jpg

:lol
[snapback]1157899[/snapback]​

I always wondered were cylons came from.. Thought I was looking a new SCIFI/Discovery channel joint project photo… “The mating habits of wild raiders, so that’s how M Salzo makes the kits.

Steve

BSG Viper Helmet (lights) - Just about done.

I've got some Imperial Officer's Badges I need to make for some friends in the 501st.

R2-D2 dome
Boushh Helmet

Eventually I'll get to these:

Cylon Helmet
"Dak" style X-Wing Helmet
Tie Pilot Helmet and chest box.

I am working on a BSG raptor med kit, trying to convert a maverick to an autococker, and the rolls of paper are the beginnings of a pattern for a Deckard coat.

DSC00573.JPG

obiwip.jpg

My first foray into prop building. Obi Wan ANH, using Roman's parts. That's the price tag on the threaded rod, which convienently aproximates the size of the booster.

Nothing too major (and no pics, sorry), Just another lightsaber hilt that has much more promise than my first, which consisted of galvanised pipe and a dowel rod. Hey, gott a start somewhere, right?

propcollection1.jpg

^First attempt at lord voldemort wand, took about 2 days to make, probably gonan redo it. Bottom rod, is the start of what will be a sirius wand, I've been experiments with the wood burners tool to engrave the designs for about a week, already got what will be a scar on my thumb from the darn thing. :p ^
propcollection2.jpg

^Darth sidious saber, been an on and off project for a while, but will hopefully finish this up soon. Under it is a scan from a screen used wolverine claw in X1, that will be my main focus this year, getting the materials for the claws hopfully in about a week.^
propcollection3.jpg

^These are my projects I play around with here and there, Luke ANH saber, obviously far from done, no D-ring and the calc bublbles have 8 instead of 7, above that is a piece to a dooku saber I worked on, and below the Luke saber is an Anakin saber that I started today, even though I have an MR el, thought I'd take a stab at this again just for fun. :p ^

Well for the SG-1 people out there, here's one of the projects that's gotten the majority of my attention of late. It's the Kull Warrior killer that would be fitted to an Earth weapon. A mere WIP at the moment, I'm sculpting in several pieces for a multi-casting final piece--which will be complete with two lights as the original.

Enjoy the scuplty-madness.

40600018B.jpg

40600008B2.jpg

my current project *is* my workbench. after living in the house for 2 years, i've finally put a self imposed ban on working on anything fun until i clean out the basement, set up a bench or two, get some lights and power installed, etc...

on my day off of work today, i cleaned out all of the 25 gallon rubbermaid buckets of "misc tools" and put them all away. pretty exciting, as i found all of my missing utility knives, epoxy, dremel bits... all of the stuff i keep re-buying when i lose them ;)

once that's all done, i've got the mal pistol from firefly that needs painting, a new set of boba fett knees, and then i might actually try to do some sclupting for the first time in 10 years or so.

My "workbench" has kinda turned into a workfloor..I have moved into a custom motorcycle workshop and taken over the mezzanine floor which means I can spread out and make LOTS of mess...yay. :D.
I am trying to post pics for the 1st time so I apologize in advance if all you get is a row of little red x's.

I am currently battling with an alien wars alien costume and its being a bitch , the foam skimmed latex head had almost disintegrated,and many an hour has been spent cursing the gods of latex.....but its getting there :confused.I have had a stab at making the missing backhoses by embossing thin tin with rounded tools and then spraying latex layers on , which seems to work great.
I am also reinventing a batman costume with gloss black latex and blue-flick pearl muscle definition....and a few battle wounds ("make him look like he lost")
A clone trooper lid.....havent picked a paintscheme yet...kinda scared to as there are so many to choose from....any thoughts anyone?....
Next up......a beer advert screen used strange looking creature...which was obviously only used in the background due to it being bloody awful.("make it look good so I can flog it")

I love my job :love

There are some cracking projects in the posts above mine, very impressive.....what would life be like without props :confused

[image]http://home.austin.rr.com/ethanwil/breather.jpg[/image]

Actually, 95% done, just need to seal the paint on the tanks and the comlink :)
Machine shops are fun. Dunno what to do with the quasi-accurate rough draft bits in the background.

Next projects are the PL 1/1000 NX-01 kit and a Luke ROTJ...

I was going to snap some pics, but since everyone else is in bed, I'll just list my incomplete projects (some ranging over 2 years now, oy.)

Farscape pulse pistol
Farscape video chip viewer
Farscape comm badge (my own damned design, still need to paint one for myself. :lol )
Farscape PK headset - made a light-em-up prototype long ago, still need to finalize the design and build a proper one
Farscape Rygel's royal scepter
Two 5th Element multipasses
SG-1 Zat guns, one open and one closed
SG-1 MP5, based on an airsoft gun
BSG season 1 pistol (Matsuo kit, but building around an airsoft gun)
1989 Batman batarang

And as soon as I receive them, the list will continue on with:
Two Batman Begins mini-mines
Babylon 5 PPG and wrist comm
Original BSG Cylon helmet

AAAANNnnnddd...I'm also just starting to collect parts to make a static display (but hopefully with lights and sound) R2 unit.

My hopes, dreams, and sometimes my budget far, far outweigh my free time. :lol

-Rick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back