Obi wan booster bearing and weathering.

I commissioned Dave, dmachinist, to make them a few years back. Out of the 20 or 30 I had made, I only have one left. I sent a bunch to Roman, so maybe you can see if he still has them laying around.

Thanks guys!

I wasn't really thinking of tracking one down, I was more thinking more along the lines of what HeartBlade said "good replicas of the booster do not include the bearing so it is additional proof that your bearing is real." And though I did read a post in a gun forum where someone mentioned Roman's replicas as a possible replacement in lieu of an original booster, they weren't quite sure of doing so for live fire. Noone in that thread mentioned anyone in the gun community creating replicas, and I felt more at ease about the possibilty of there being fake boosters out there once I read what HeartBlade said. Then of course I read the next post and Chris is like, oh yeah I have some replicas, and that feeling of ease lept right back out of my mind. I guess I'm making myself a little paranoid. I tend to overthink big decisions. But once I have all the facts, and make up my mind to purchase something, I seldom regret my decision.

I commissioned Dave, dmachinist, to make them a few years back. Out of the 20 or 30 I had made, I only have one left. I sent a bunch to Roman, so maybe you can see if he still has them laying around.

Yep... they were nearly perfect replicas... the ring holes were slightly smaller than the real thing, at least in comparison to my real bearing... but spot on otherwise:

Attachments

• IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_1710.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back