Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Sigh. I'm going to defend TFA. I'll wait until you set your chairs upright. :lol Ok I have no problem with the Falcon jumping through the shields. It makes sense. Hyperspace is outside normal space, so when they reenter real space, they are inside the shields. In the old EU at least, you could disable the hyperdrive safeties in order to make jumps closer in to a system or in some situation where it would normally bring the ship out of Hyperspace. It works.

Having read the latest tweet from Ron Howard it would seem a reasonable expectation that we will actually get to see Han make the "Kessel Run" and then what he does with the Falcon that made him such an exceptionally skillful pilot.
I'd like to point out that how starships behave under the conditions of hyperspace travel in the SWU has been highly consistent over all the completed trilogies, the cartoon series, the video games,comics and novels ,until we had TFA.
Its therefore a fair bet that JJ as director and co writer introduced it in TFA. It really seems like no coincidence we get two distinct exceptions to the rules in the same movie (along with all the other sins) given, as I have said, what he brought into New Trek.
That they also did it in Rogue One annoyed the hell out of me, but under the circumstance the risk of the jump warranted it, though again it shouldn't have worked being so deep into a gravity well. Other than particular itch I've watched Rogue One well over a dozen times and with considerably more enjoyment than TFA so I'm very happy it got made.
But again, it makes the viewer wonder why all the other spacecraft have to climb out of an atmosphere and get away from a planet, when others are shown to be able to just jump immediately anywhere. And absolutely the last thing I want to see appear in IX is the sudden ability of star destroyers to be able to track and fight in hyperspace ala "Into Darkness".
Anyway, as regards IX its how JJ leaves it that most bothers me. In theory because Luke is really his only remaining major character from the original trilogy , he's relatively free to do what he wants with all the others and in that sense I don't care, I don't have that much invested in them. But it is the end of a huge journey for all the characters so the conclusion needs to be more about the personal stories rather than space mega weapons again, which would be a disappointment to get at the very climax . But I also don't want him to screw up the eventual fate of any of them by introducing something like a superforce "regenerate" that brings the totally or nearly dead person back to life or have some other major new force power revealed that changes everything going forward.
I hope he produces a stunning and fitting end to the new trilogy, going out on a better more original note than perhaps ROTJ or ROTS. BUT his natural inclination to go over the top and indulge himself in stylish action set pieces rather than having a strong and satisifying storyline that ties up most of whats gone before argues against this.

Last edited:
WHY were the Sith looking for revenge? WHAT does Balance mean, and why was it considered desirable? If he can answer those two major questions that were raised and never addressed, despite one of them being the title of a whole freaking movie, I'll be grateful.

I still say darth plagueis wasn’t the one who knew how to cheat death when palpatine was talking to anikan about it...

...It was snoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's Snoke Plagueis? Like Popes....when you're a Cardinal, it's Cardinal Fred Smith, but upon taking the top spot, you're Pope <pick new first name>. :)

I don't think Palpatine ever knew Snoke.

No I don’t think so either, but I think plaguies and snoke may have the same “force power” in common

Or plaguies learned of this death cheating ability from snoke (not in person but maybe from old text)

When JJ says he’s going to tie all the trilogy’s together I wouldn’t be surprised is plaquies is touched upon

To me this is exciting

JJ is saying IX will tie the 9 films together by referencing PT-era stuff.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I thought the first six were tied together and concluded nicely with ROTJ...

The presence of the OG characters does enough to "tie them together" , why can't he just tell (and conclude) a new story?

Give it to Filloni.... (probably misspelled).

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Just like I said, Jar Jar is Snoke.

Here's his true origin :

4a8a5b2776bf45af12ae9fbc525c998c.jpg

I've never heard that. Black diamond is usually the label given to the more advanced ski slopes.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back