Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

I wouldn't be surprised if they went that unoriginal route now that TLJ's brought us back to the exact same basic plot as the OT, but why not change things up a bit? The OT already had the big Empire, now we have that again in the ST. The OT already had a rebellion, now we have that again in the ST. The OT already had a Darth Vader, the ST doesn't so far thankfully, so let's take this chance to at least do that differently. Kylo is no Darth Vader and I don't think JJ intended him to be so when he created the character. For that, I am thankful.

But , Kylo, as we know now, is the strongest the Darkside has. Which isnt saying much. If this does skip years, and Kylo is a bad *****, then there would be alot of explaining to do.

It would be easy to do. A simple line of dialogue where Rey says "He was lying." after she discovers that Kenobi is her grandfather.

Or even Kylo says "I had to lie to you to try and turn you to the darkside." while Rey kicks the crap out of him again.

you guys think JJ will really flip things around and change reys parentage?

"Han Solo.. you feel like hes the father you never had."

I would like to know one reason why Rey is not Kylo's sister? And dont give me the "it was said by Kylo". Cause he is a liar and manipulator. And dont give me the RJ excuse, because as of now, they are all deceitful. trying to throw us all off track.

People need to give up this Rey parents stuff and accept her parents aren’t important and move on.

But I want to know...:(:cry:cry

I liked the midichlorian answer. I liked the Anakin to Vadar answer. I liked the Luke parentage and rise to Jedi answer. I like the fall of the Jedi answer.

When a question is presented, I like the answer. Im sorry for that fault. I just feel more "connected" to a character when I know the background. Not just spawning out of nowhere.

Last edited:
But I want to know...:(:cry:cry

I liked the midichlorian answer. I liked the Anakin to Vadar answer. I liked the Luke parentage and rise to Jedi answer. I like the fall of the Jedi answer.

When a question is presented, I like the answer. Im sorry for that fault.

The whole idea came from a fan fiction story published two months before the release of TFA so its old news anyway.;)

People need to give up this Rey parents stuff and accept her parents aren’t important and move on.

i honestly like her parents being junkies, but i feel like everything JJ built up in 7 was thrown away in 8. so now with JJ back for 9 i wonder if he will "re-mend" everything back together, rey being related to luke, snoke really surviving... or transplanting his mind into someone else body.. (really wanted to see that, was hoping snoke was only getting kylo stronger so he could do the whole mind swap, and steal his body and power)

but just wonder if JJ will course correct everything that he setup that was thrown away..

"Han Solo.. you feel like hes the father you never had."

I would like to know one reason why Rey is not Kylo's sister? And dont give me the "it was said by Kylo". Cause he is a liar and manipulator. And dont give me the RJ excuse, because as of now, they are all deceitful. trying to throw us all off track.

Because there's no way Han and Leia toss their daughter into a hell hole like jakuu completely on her own at that age when Kylo hadn't gone off the deep end yet. If that were to happen for some idiotic reason, Luke (or someone else) would have pulled a ben and hid out there with her to protect her. Unless you believe RJ's logic that he'd have said, screw her, i already failed so i'm never going to do anything ever again.

Because there's no way Han and Leia toss their daughter into a hell hole like jakuu completely on her own at that age when Kylo hadn't gone off the deep end yet. If that were to happen for some idiotic reason, Luke (or someone else) would have pulled a ben and hid out there with her to protect her. Unless you believe RJ's logic that he'd have said, screw her, i already failed so i'm never going to do anything ever again.
I started to write something kind of like this, but it started to make my head hurt and I stopped. You said it better than I could have anyway, so thanks.

Tatooine was a hellhole. Thieves and traders and the Hutt. If Obiwan was never looking over Luke, what would have happened?

What did Qui-gon say. Something along the lines "It would be no different than if we landed on a system controlled by the Federation...except the Hutts aren't looking for her, which gives us an advantage."

No one looks for anyone on Jakuu

The split of the siblings came way before Kylo's turn. Just like the split with Leia and Luke, and no one looks for anyone on Tatooine either

Last edited by a moderator:
Tatooine was a hellhole. Thieves and traders and the Hutt. If Obiwan was never looking over Luke, what would have happened?

What did Qui-gon say. Something along the lines "It would be no different than if we landed on a system controlled by the Federation...except the Hutts aren't looking for her, which gives us an advantage."

No one looks for anyone on Jakuu

The split of the siblings came way before Kylo's turn. Just like the split with Leia and Luke, and no one looks for anyone on Tatooine either

Excpet they aren't siblings. JJ never intended for her to be related to anyone and Rian put the nail in that. I do think Rey's import to the Force is something JJ will have a lot of fun solving for but it won't be to go back and try and jam her in to the Solo/Skywalker/Kenobi lineage. Zero chance of that. It's too tempting for JJ to really run with this now that she is free from all this fan dogma.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guess you forgot about uncle Owen and aunt Beru? Pretty sure they did more to keep him safe and actually raise him than Obi Wan ever did. Rey had no one.

Luke and Leia were split up to protect them from their father and to a lesser extent the emperor.

Rey and Kylo would have been split up for what exactly? I don't know when snoke entered the picture as far as everyone knew, but i doubt he'd be trying to get to her at age 6ish.

Neither were in danger of squat prior to Kylo going off the deep end. Doing anything prior would be 'just in case'. And you don't do something that drastic just in case.

I'm fine with Rey being nobody. I would have preferred a Skywalker connection, if not his outright daughter, but I can get with the nobody thing (if they stop the episodes after the last Skywalker has died).

Excpet they aren't siblings. JJ never intended for her to be related to anyone and Rian put the nail in that. I do think Rey's import to the Force is something JJ will have a lot of fun solving for but it won't be to go back and try and jam her in to the Solo/Skywalker/Kenobi lineage. Zero chance of that. It's too tempting for JJ to really run with this now that she is free from all this fan dogma.
That's precisely why there is such "fan dogma" about it: because JJ made a big deal about her parentage. I just wish he hadn't if the intention from the beginning was to have her be nobody.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back