Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Apparently Lucas's original concept for the Sequel Trilogy revolved around Midichlorians and how they controlled the Force. It was going to be "micro-biotic."

Sounds..... stupid.

I saw the article.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/06/12/star-wars-sequel-trilogy-george-lucas-plans/

The man's lost his mind. Yes, George, we would've hated it.

And wow, he is *still* hurt over the fans hating his PT. He mentions it every time he opens his mouth. He's like a scorned child.

The Wook

Thank God he was never given the opportunity to make the ST and we were lucky enough that DIsney was able to give us the saga we all wanted. Can you imagine how terrible the second installment would have been without going ahead with the very first and only draft? This is all a bit early anyway, according to the how to distract from the present file, the attacks on Lucas arent scheduled until August.

As I predicted in a private conversation with another member a few hours ago, this new and extremely light on of any real specific information about a Lucas ST would be twisted to deflect away from the real issues the franchise is facing today and I see by a recent post in TLJ thread I was spot on.

Regardless of how this very thin description would have played out the most important thing to take from it is his comment, "at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told" Pretty sure thats the closest we will get to open criticism from him as to what we are getting now,

As what, though? A leader? Elder statesman? I think it would depend on how they handled his backstory. Plus, people really don't like seeing their heroes age. I dunno. I just think it seems like kind of a needless inclusion unless you have a really good way to use him that would make sense in-story.

A pity they didnt go with the logical choice of Kenobi before Solo and included Lando in Nein with something significant to do which might have put some more meat on the hook for a Solo release after Nein. Putting a bit more space between the fact that fans were robbed of a chance to see a proper send off for Han in the last movie before jumping straight in to his backstory. That sounds like something Marvel studios would do.

Last edited:
The time for Lando to show up was in TFA. When Leia saw Han the first time I was hoping Lando would step out and put his arm around her..."you've got a lot of guts coming here, after what you pulled" ;)
On a more serious note I really do think Leia should have ended up with Lando after Han dropped the ball as a parent and partner. Bringing him into the story now is an obvious nostalgia shoehorn.

The time for Lando to show up was in TFA. When Leia saw Han the first time I was hoping Lando would step out and put his arm around her..."you've got a lot of guts coming here, after what you pulled" ;)
On a more serious note I really do think Leia should have ended up with Lando after Han dropped the ball as a parent and partner. Bringing him into the story now is an obvious nostalgia shoehorn.

Why on Earth (or in space) should Leia have ended up with Lando? She had zero interest in him romantically, and had good reason to have serious problems with his moral character after he sold Han out to the Empire.

To me, that sounds like she *has* to be paired with someone... and may only choose from the males she has interacted with on screen. Since all of the others are either dead or related to her, then yes... she MUST be paired with Lando. makes perfect sense.

Nuh.

I think this would be an easy decision in light of Carrie’s passing. Billy Dee has been sounding and looking pretty good recently.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/06/classic-star-wars-character-returning-for-episode-ix/

Terrific ! ..., too little , too late , but Hey ! ... can’t wait to see how they ( LFL ) degrade / destroy this character too !? .
We’ve already seen the dead beat Dad and Husband , probably absent Mother - Ren has parental issues after all - the feckless, cowardly Uncle and Jedi , the barely registered Wookiee and Droids , the blink and he’s gone Admiral etc... etc ... so yeah let’s try to get that old nostalgia rolling one last time for ( crossed - fingers ) extra butts in seats = BO$$$ ! ... Yay .

Ged

Last edited:
Why on Earth (or in space) should Leia have ended up with Lando? She had zero interest in him romantically, and had good reason to have serious problems with his moral character after he sold Han out to the Empire.

To me, that sounds like she *has* to be paired with someone... and may only choose from the males she has interacted with on screen. Since all of the others are either dead or related to her, then yes... she MUST be paired with Lando. makes perfect sense.

Nuh.
Hang on let's not jump the gun, I never said MUST be with Lando or anyone else. I just thought it would be a good twist in the story and a good way to introduce Lando in the ST rather than jamming him in at the end when they've run out of OT characters to trot out.
Leia and Lando obviously became good friends after ESB. Lando joined the resistance (wasn't he a general?) They rescued Han together and he took out the DS2, even when Akbar wanted to call off the attack, Lando engaged star destroyers at point blank range to give the landing party time to get the shields down. He knew he would likely be killed but did it anyway. Lando is the biggest hero of ROTJ. I never suggested Leia "has" to be with someone but many humans do seek out companionship with a partner that shares the same passion. Lando and Leia both shared that higher sense of purpose in ROTJ. This is 30 years later so alot has happened since then, Han abandoned his parental and spousal commitments, Luke became so twisted he ignited a lightsaber over a sleeping student. Obviously the characters have gone through some major changes since we last saw them.

Terrific ! ..., too little , too late , but Hey ! ... can’t wait to see how they ( LFL ) degrade / destroy this character too !? .
We’ve already seen the dead beat Dad and Husband , probably absent Mother - Ren has parental issues after all - the feckless, cowardly Uncle and Jedi , the barely registered Wookiee and Droids , the blink and he’s gone Admiral etc... etc ... so yeah let’s try to get that old nostalgia rolling one last time for ( crossed - fingers ) extra butts in seats = BO$$$ ! ... Yay .

Ged

Lando will probably be back long enough to at least fly the falcon......then crash, killing himself and destroying the falcon.

Nien Nunb has been treated very well so far. Wonder what is in store for him. Who knew.....Nien Nunb right....

Makes perfect sense for Lando to reunite with his old co pilot from second death star battle.

That way they could destroy 2 more OT characters at once.....

I laughed at this. An actual "laugh out loud" moment.

In addition, they could put them back in the Falcon and blow them up in it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back