Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

The person who wrote that first post on moviepilot, well their definition of "confirmed" is twisted. And it's a totally made up rumor by Get Your Geek On podcast. I can't believe sites are picking this up.

Here is a note from that moviepilot page:

"Editor's note: It has come to our attention that multiple sites have picked up this story and quoted Moviepilot as the source. However, this is an independent, unverified creator post and does not reflect the views or writing of the Moviepilot staff. "

Whedon should stick to writing, not directing, he does dialogue best.

The avengers was great, the sequel not so much, and as for Serenity, there is a reason we only saw one film in that series.

Also I don't want a main character killed off in some stupid offhand way just because he wants to wring some cheap emotion out of the audience.

Whedon should stick to writing, not directing, he does dialogue best.

The avengers was great, the sequel not so much, and as for Serenity, there is a reason we only saw one film in that series.

Also I don't want a main character killed off in some stupid offhand way just because he wants to wring some cheap emotion out of the audience.

Wash? He died because alan tudyk future schedule or some crap like that....

All of Firefly was terrific.

To paraphrase Walter White
You're goram right

Wash died because Whedon likes to rip our hearts out.

But, it is true Universal wanted everyone in Serenity signed for multiple movies at the rate they signed for the first film. They didn't want to be taken to the proverbial cleaners in the event Hoburn Wash became the next Han Solo and Tudyk could then demand a bigger salary.

Oddly enough, the Latino review seems to jump on hints faster than anyone. They seem a bit crackpot but then three weeks later, the story breaks everywhere else

Umberto Gonzalez aka elmayimbe the co-founder of Latino-Review is the person who used to usually land all the great scoops, lot of which were getting confirmed later on. Even for some of the articles written by other LR staff members there was sometimes backing info confirmed by Umberto (from his sources) which he shared on Twitter at times. That's who I relied on. So whenever people complained about some recent rumor posted by LR, I always voiced my support to LR and reminded that the site had far more valid scoops than stinkers.

I won't be doing that anymore cause since last month Umberto Gonzalez doesn't work at Latino-Review. The site was also recently acquired by another company. And Umberto is in the process of starting his own website. If you have seen the recent concept art images of Captain America, Iron Man and Wonder Woman they were all being shared on his Instagram account. And the images all had the watermark HH (likely the abbreviation for his new site). Of course like many sites LR also continues to pick up on his stories from his Instagram and shares them on their site.

So even if LR is now again reporting this Whedon story, I am going to say totally made up BS rumor that originated by an unconfirmed writer's blog post on moviepilot.

I won't mind if this rumor does become a fact eventually. But I rather see Whedon create his own universe and characters now. And let Star Wars sequels and spin offs be given to more hungry directors, who are talented while being far more enthusiastic about working on a tent-pole movie of an established universe and franchise.

Last edited:
Well, I hope he left all of his issues for writing and directing women back with Jurassic Park in the gutter... assuming he even thinks they're issues. Otherwise this film is going to suffer the same fate as the two trilogies before it. We start the women strong and by the end they're reduced to nothing but emotional baggage for the male leads.

not to mention attention to details will suffer.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back