Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Mon Mothma had to have 10-20 years on Leia. If Leia was 60 for TLJ, that'd make MM nearly 70-80. Not sure that'd work out.

Well Caroline herself recently turned 85, but is still acting and very busy. There have been plenty of dramatic roles for octogenarians in the past so there's zero problem with age I think.

Well Caroline herself recently turned 85, but is still acting and very busy. There have been plenty of dramatic roles for octogenarians in the past so there's zero problem with age I think.
Unless they just got her in there and killed her off. Apparently the more aged actors and actresses aren't included in "diversity".

Do we know for sure Luke is dead ?. All of the other force sensitive people in this movie, developed crazy Jedi powers overnight.
Why couldn't Luke dematerialize and materialize somewhere else to recharge his "batteries". It's possible isn't it ?
(ya I know grasping at straws to rationalize the stupidity I saw on screen). It's possible isn't it ?
It's possible isn't it ?
It's possible isn't it ?
It's possible isn't it ?
It's possible isn't it ?
It's possible isn't it ??????????

It's POSSIBLE... (his robotic arm disappeared with him and never clattered to the ground)

However, I doubt that they'll have the balls to have him develop teleportation powers.

It's POSSIBLE... (his robotic arm disappeared with him and never clattered to the ground)

However, I doubt that they'll have the balls to have him develop teleportation powers.
I don't doubt that at all. They'll still say "Fan backlash had nothing to do with the decision to bring back Luke", and reveal that Mark had a ton of input on W.W.L.D.

I was always hoping Lando would show up again. So many characters showed up again and because he was such a huge part of Empire and Jedi I'd always hoped they could work him into the story somehow. Thankfully they haven't ruined his character, though that may happen in Solo, and NOT because of Donald Glover. If anyone other than Billie Dee is going to play him, I'm THRILLED that they cast Donald. He has that charisma, but the script might be crap. We will see.

Personally I hope they recast and finish Leia's story. I doubt Carrie would object to that. I feel it cheapens a character to kill him/her off between stories. I hate when TV shows do it, I hate when books do it and I especially hate when movie series do it.

Though I see your point, I would be extremely distracted by that and hope they don't. The condition would be if it were done like Rogue One and grafted Carrie Fisher over the actress, but I can't see another person entirely playing her otherwise just to finish her story arc. If they don't have anything to use of her from previous films to cobble into Ep9, then I rather they just explain it some other way.

I don't watch it. How do you mean?

Just in case

Ezra the young Jedi in the show went into an ancient temple that controls time and space to stop the Emperor from gaining control of well you know time and space I guess . in there he finds a portal that is showing Asoka trapped in a Sith temple fighting Vader (which is from last season or however long with all these half seasons IDK but at least a year ago in the show) just as Vader is about to cut her down Ezra reached in and pulled her through .
In turn she just traveled a few thousand light year and at least a years into the future instantly !

Just in case

Ezra the young Jedi in the show went into an ancient temple that controls time and space to stop the Emperor from gaining control of well you know time and space I guess . in there he finds a portal that is showing Asoka trapped in a Sith temple fighting Vader (which is from last season or however long with all these half seasons IDK but at least a year ago in the show) just as Vader is about to cut her down Ezra reached in and pulled her through .
In turn she just traveled a few thousand light year and at least a years into the future instantly !

Oh Terrific ! ... If that’s considered canon , then ... What’s to stop Lucasfilm/Disney from green lighting another ‘ RJ ‘ type from screwing around with more OT established lore in future projects !? :facepalm

Just in case

Through flashbacks and time travel, you can change anything you want about a character's motivation or situation, and JJ has always used it as a crutch. I'm sure this device is a welcome addition to the Star Wars universe for JJ.

When I heard he was doing TFA I joked with my dad who is a big Trek Fan that he'd brought alternate Universe to Trek , He will probably have to use time travel in Star Wars to F it up .

I guess he has that option for sure now! And yes the show is Canon some of the characters were at the battle of scarraff however you spell it ?
The battle at the end of Rouge one.
And has had all kinds of cool run ins with Lando , Leia , saw and Yoda along with others .
they should go get Anakin in his prime. Luke and Leia from ROTJ and Han before he gets carbonited ( I think I made up a word ) carpool together to pick up Little Ben solo from dasycare and beat his butt blue !

Last edited:
Through flashbacks and time travel, you can change anything you want about a character's motivation or situation, and JJ has always used it as a crutch. I'm sure this device is a welcome addition to the Star Wars universe for JJ.

I don’t recall any ‘ flashback ‘ scenes , or time travel being mentioned by the characters in any SW film .
If , as you’re alluding too above comes to pass ... then Star Wars isn’t Star Wars anymore ... it’d just be like any other generic Sci - fi / Fantasy film where those concepts are so often used ( and abused ) ... just my $0:02

@annanake ,

Rogue One was a film set after Ep III , and prior to Ep IV so it made sense to have certain characters there . I don’t consider it a ‘ flashback ‘ or a ‘ time traveling ‘ scenario based solution / inclusion .

Last edited:
Flashbacks were kind of used in TFA a la "vision", and used outright in TLJ. Flashbacks and time travel feel wrong in Star Wars, I agree.

Oh yeah , I forgot that ‘ Force ‘ powers have developed in leaps and bounds for certain characters extraordinaire , guess you can add flashback and visions ( some that don’t even seem to appear in sequels ) to it now , my bad ! :facepalm

l guess I should amend my earlier statement to - Not recalling scenes of them ( flashbacks & time travel ) in real Star Wars films !:lol

Last edited:
I don’t recall any ‘ flashback ‘ scenes ,

or time travel being mentioned by the characters in any SW film .
If , as you’re alluding too above comes to pass ... then Star Wars isn’t Star Wars anymore ... it’d just be like any other generic Sci - fi / Fantasy film where those concepts are so often used ( and abused ) ... just my $0:02

@annanake ,

Rogue One was a film set after Ep III , and prior to Ep IV so it made sense to have certain characters there . I don’t consider it a ‘ flashback ‘ or a ‘ time traveling ‘ scenario based solution / inclusion .
Read my spoiler tag above !
It did come to pass Monday February 26 approx 10:47 mountain time . In a Disney released story which is official canon Asoka tano traveled thousands of light years and over a dozen months into the future in an instant !

Fact
Put it in the bank
Keep it under you pillow
Throw it in the trash
But it happened !

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back