Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Just in case

Ezra the young Jedi in the show went into an ancient temple that controls time and space to stop the Emperor from gaining control of well you know time and space I guess . in there he finds a portal that is showing Asoka trapped in a Sith temple fighting Vader (which is from last season or however long with all these half seasons IDK but at least a year ago in the show) just as Vader is about to cut her down Ezra reached in and pulled her through .
In turn she just traveled a few thousand light year and at least a years into the future instantly !

Never mind, I totally forgot about Rebels last night!!! Gonna have to watch it tonight

I don't watch Rebels anymore, but I more or less keep up with it because I enjoyed it at one point in time... before it started getting ridiculous... before the tie surfing and saber-copters. So last night I was reading the synopsis after the episode and saw the time travel thing... WOW!

What happened to Star Wars, man? It's like that friend you used to hang out with in high school. He was the cool guy- the life of the party. You hadn't seen him for like 10 years. You run into him and he's apparently gotten really hard into drugs, and he spends the next 15 minutes telling you he just needs $100 dollars. What have you become? Where did things go so wrong in your life that this is what you've come to?

Really all of this is an extension of a lot of what was established in the CW Mortis arc that George developed with Filoni. But this is all academic as the plot device allowing for this is destroyed, so it’s not going to be part of IX.

Last edited:
I tried watching Rebels (I am always a season behind for antenna reasons), and while I could stomach S1, I was literally just stomaching it. I REALLY liked Chopper (what a jerk! :) ), but even his character became diluted and less significant, and I realized that it was all pretty much Saturday morning fare.

While I'm not necessarily "anti-time travel", I am "anti-contrivance", I guess. And this sounds pretty lame. I'm really getting tired of saying how lame (I think) something from Star Wars is. :(

That said, if we are set to go back in time before TLJ, and...yes, YES...:devil

The plot device is assumed gone. With the extensive amount of SW retconning in the past we know nothing is gone. Darth Maul, anybody?

Even if they did say it was definitively destroyed and gone it sets a precedence.

The plot device is assumed gone. With the extensive amount of SW retconning in the past we know nothing is gone. Darth Maul, anybody?

Even if they did say it was definitively destroyed and gone it sets a precedence.

Ep. IX’s script is already done and I doubt JJ was perusing yet to be aired episodes of Rebels for story ideas.

Really all of this is an extension of a lot of what was established in the CW Mortis arc that George developed with Filoni. But this is all academic as the plot device allowing for this is destroyed, so it’s not going to be part of IX.

We’ve got your word on that mate ? You’re 100% sure on that particular plot contrivance never being used in SW again !?

Really all of this is an extension of a lot of what was established
in the CW Mortis arc that George developed with Filoni. But this is all academic as the plot device allowing for this is destroyed, so it’s not going to be part of IX.

Yeah I'm thinking more a way for RJ's trilogy to retcon the whole deal ?
Anyway

And as your post above the temple was closed not destroyed , it possibly moved location as well ? It does control time and space !

watching the episode where Obi-Wan finally kills Maul .. Maul asks if the one Obi-Wan is protecting (Meaning Luke) is the chosen one , Obi -Wan tels him Yes !

So the Jedi thought it was Anakin , then Luke ,
Now Rey ????? Just sayin'

No, just in relation to Ep. IX, which is the purpose of this thread,

that’s the context this off topic bit was introduced.

SO SORRY !!!???

I did forget Bryancd HAS the script for IX already so this is OFF TOPIC !!!

F'N smug ******* !

Every time I want to like you !

You pull this B..S.

Although I'm sure your right !!!!!

Last edited:
Based on the events in the episodes of Rebels, without
spoiling too much, the conduit for doing this is destroyed. It’s worth posting this Rebels Recon here where you can hear how this worked since it’s been brought up.

https://youtu.be/_XGJd_g1zDA

Rewatching this video reminded me Ezra walked right by events from TLJ and TFA
Along with every other star wars movie you could hear the voices as he passed the port holes so technically they are already effected each other Ezra heard Luke , Leia , Obi- wan Yoda all from different movies and time periods .

They keep saying there is so much more to learn about Asoka in rebels and they don't know where the story will take her ????

They only have what one episode left ?

Again he never said the temple was destroyed in the show they closed it !

And no one said it was destroyed in the interview !

So other than Brayncd's foreknowledge of IX
it could be found and used by Rey....... or any force user for that matter !

This is the reason I posted NOTHING about TLJ before it came out , any thoughts are I give are always given a
NOPE !!!!!!
By the big Bryancd so later folks see you in this thred after IX hits theaters !

Last edited:
Rewatching this video reminded me Ezra walked right by events from TLJ and TFA
Along with every other star wars movie you could hear the voices as he passed the port holes so technically they are already effected each other Ezra heard Luke , Leia , Obi- wan Yoda all from different movies and time periods .

They keep saying there is so much more to learn about Asoka in rebels and they don't know where the story will take her ????

They only have what one episode left ?

Again he never said the temple was destroyed in the show they closed it !

And no one said it was destroyed in the interview !

So other than Brayncd's foreknowledge of IX
it could be found and used by Rey !

This is the reason I posted NOTHING about TLJ before it came out , any thoughts are I give are always given a
NOPE !!!!!!
By the big Bryancd so later folks see you in this thred after IX hits theaters !

At :53 seconds she says the temple is destroyed. I honestly don’t understand why you are attacking me.

Flashbacks were kind of used in TFA a la "vision", and used outright in TLJ. Flashbacks and time travel feel wrong in Star Wars, I agree.
The flashbacks actually didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. It was the content of [two of] them that royally p***ed me off.

And all of this Rebels (of which I am a fan) bashing has given me a new personal clarity I needed. It's helped me realize that my thoughts and feelings about TLJ aren't irrational fanboy closed-mindedness; they are valid concerns and not borne out of a rigid view of the franchise that I need the films to conform to. So thank you all for that.

Last edited:
At :53 seconds she says the temple is destroyed. I honestly
don’t understand why you are attacking me.

The commentator says Ezra destroyed the temple!

Not falatio and nothing in the show as a matter of fact they use the word Close and it is a set system the girl opens the temple door and the guy closes the temple door .

I took it as the temple served its purpose today and closed down I.e. moved to another time and place to be used when found again !

In the damn interview he says Yoda was using it to give Ezra's his crystal and to talk to him which is even stupider but I was noit gonna mention that !

The reason I " attack you is the same OL same OL !

I chime in ANYTHING !!!!!!!
If I said
Gee I bet Luke had those island fish people doing his dirty laundry lol.

You would pop in NOPE!
your wrong he actually does his own they made him sign an agreement in the lease it was negotiated on the third day on the island !

You always express as a FACT what should be an opinion . that is...

IF you were not a paid shill for Disney !

But you know all and see all and I'm not the only one who has had this problem with you I'm just extra pissed off today because I woke up to my blue suburban having a red roof and my landlords painters pulling a stupid face !

So I'm not in the mood to suffer FOOLS ! or SHILLS for that matter which is why I Am doing what I did for TLJ as of now saying nothing else until the damn movie drops !

P.S. I have said it before, if you ever said" in my opinion "or "I think" or anything that sounds like you don't know the entire plot already and let people discuss with out just nope that's not gonna happen it would be GGGGGREAT !

I did not mean to start a whole to-do just sayin Star Wars HAS officially put in canon time travel which could be used for anything from this point on !

If I had it I'm back at Mustafar giving Anakin the ever so needed HIGH GROUND !

Enter smart ass last word below
⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

Last edited:
Ep. IX’s script is already done and I doubt JJ was perusing yet to be aired episodes of Rebels for story ideas.

Except for animation that story has to be in place a significant number of months before airing. Therefore, it was a done deal, so to speak, well before IX was doing being written. Just saying. Doesn't mean it shows up in IX, but doesn't mean it will won't either.

Except for animation that story has to be in place a significant number of months before airing. Therefore, it was a done deal, so to speak, well before IX was doing being written. Just saying. Doesn't mean it shows up in IX, but doesn't mean it will won't either.

SW animation seems to be a medium they feel they have a lot of creative license to try out of the box ideas. I’m trying to think of an instance where a plot element from animation made it into film as opposed to the film elements being supported and expanded upon in the animation.

SW animation seems to be a medium they feel they have a lot of creative license to try out of the box ideas. I’m trying to think of an instance where a plot element from animation made it into film as opposed to the film elements being supported and expanded upon in the animation.

Not a plot element, but...

rogueone-saw.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back