Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Honestly I don’t want to see or hear anymore about this force projection crap... terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amen to that. All the fan-theory crap is going to climb high with people with too much time on their hands trying to explain who died and who didn't die in Ep8 due to Force projections...same story with the Rey/Snoke theories after TFA.
That being said I don't think this would really be addressed anymore especially given that the two strongest force users who were able to play with this projection business are dead. I'ts probably just going to be ignored along with the hyperspace kamikaze just like Khan's magic reviving blood after Into Darkness.

Last edited:
And yet it’s a Kylo Ren mask and saber my son plays with and Kylo costumes outnumbered Vader 10:1 on Halloween. I think it’s fair to say the character has been well established in the pop culture zeitgeist and I appreciate as an adult fan that he’s not a mimic of Vader and is tragically flawed and having to struggle as much as he does with his conflict.

We're actually in full agreement here. Which is nice. :)

FWIW, I just don't call him Kylo Ren very often, as I think it does him a disservice, and makes me an enabler of sorts for his weaknesses. He'll find his strength. :thumbsup

I told you my admiration of him wasn't healthy. :lol

Honestly I don’t want to see or hear anymore about this force projection crap... terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t think it was terrible but I was a bit “Huh..” with the entire conceit. I would be fine not revisiting that. I do like “Force Time” though, it opens the door to some interesting possibilities.

I didn’t think it was terrible but I was a bit “Huh..” with the entire conceit. I would be fine not revisiting that. I do like “Force Time” though, it opens the door to some interesting possibilities.
To be fair the Force-Time was already there in Empire in a way, albeit without any visual manifestation. Which then overlaps with the projection concept so here we go...:)

Other than looking dumb (I never liked that scene, Guinness was so phoning it in, probably couldn’t even be bothered to stand) this scene had no other implication on the physical world. It’s one thing looking like a ghost sitting down and hitting living things on the head with a stick and calling down force lightning.

Quality of the scene notwithstanding, it sets the precedent that a force ghost can interact with the physical world beyond appearing and speaking.

Quality of the scene notwithstanding, it sets the precedent that a force ghost can interact with the physical world beyond appearing and speaking.
I don't know, I guess we all have different interpretations, to me that never was him really sitting and pushing the trunk with his weight if you know what I mean. If he put his hand on Luke or kicked a stone or something yea, but I always took that as a simple visual thing. Much like when Yoda appeared between Ben and Anakin sitting on he handrail, I never took it as he had to climb up or be supported, simply a tool of not making him comically short and fit in the close-up shot. Then again Ben did put his hand on Yoda's shoulder in the end. So I dunno, maybe. But then it would be in Robot Chicken realm if Force ghosts just appeared everywhere and started stealing people's coffees and doing pranks or fighting them. :)

Force use equaling a physical effort is nonsense. It should be no more physically straining to force project :)facepalm) across a room or a galaxy.

I think it's less about physical effort than the whole "let the Force flow" thing. An individual channeling the Force is like a light bulb filament. Even the best Jedi or other Force-wielder will have some physical resistance imparted by "this crude matter". The more one channels, for longer periods of time, the higher the risk one will burn oneself out. This happened back in the old EU.

So I think the line "The effort would kill you" is verbal shorthand, or Ben not really "getting" how the Force works yet (he was only half trained, and his knowledge of the Force has been definitely skewed for who knows how long), or even just questionable wording on the writer's part. But the underlying implication I agree with. I'd have to sit down and figure out as succinct a way to get that across.

--Jonah

Much as I didn't like TLJ, I can honestly say few choices made for the new characters bothered me at all. I like these new characters lot (despite Finn being relegated to plot contrivance in TLJ) and can't wait to see where they take them next.

Much as I didn't like TLJ, I can honestly say few choices made for the new characters bothered me at all. I like these new characters lot (despite Finn being relegated to plot contrivance in TLJ) and can't wait to see where they take them next.

None of the elements that made TLJ so bad were present in the TFA and the fact that Abrams is comfortable working with big budgets and is already established as a heavy hitter and not trying to make a personal statement is the only reason I will be paying any attention to this movie.

Poe was a great creation in TFA and I`m sure that Abrams will return all the aspects that made his character so enjoyable.

I think it's less about physical effort than the whole "let the Force flow" thing. An individual channeling the Force is like a light bulb filament. Even the best Jedi or other Force-wielder will have some physical resistance imparted by "this crude matter". The more one channels, for longer periods of time, the higher the risk one will burn oneself out. This happened back in the old EU.

So I think the line "The effort would kill you" is verbal shorthand, or Ben not really "getting" how the Force works yet (he was only half trained, and his knowledge of the Force has been definitely skewed for who knows how long), or even just questionable wording on the writer's part. But the underlying implication I agree with. I'd have to sit down and figure out as succinct a way to get that across.

--Jonah
When Anakin Solo died in the old EU, it was from Force expenditure. He was fatally wounded at the time and would have died anyway, but his excessive use of the Force in his deteriorating condition is what killed him.

--Jonah

If Force use burnt out the light-bulb, I would think Yoda's smaller body of crude matter should have burnt out from his stronger use of the Force a long time ago.

I would also question why this act alone would physically strain and kill a user. Why not all force use? Why didn't Yoda just die on the spot when he lifted the X-Wing? He was already close to death.

If you look at it like something that can burn you out in a fashion. Then Yoda was whipping Luke into killing himself by driving him to make grander use of the force.

A more real answer, and what I think. RJ doesn't understand or doesn't care about how the force works and needed to contrive a way to kill Luke Skywalker. It's smarter for the force to have no such physical component and RJ is not a smart writer that thinks about the consequences of his actions.

This guy is a classic shill but he`s a cutting edge one.

He realises that he is on the wrong end of the equation so makes a video that at the start, throws in the standard initial run box office figures and that he enjoyed TLJ to keep in Disneys good books and then proceeds to list most of the reasons why the film is such a failure. Smart Shill indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE2hV9XtoNE

This guy is a classic shill but he`s a cutting edge one.

He realises that he is on the wrong end of the equation so makes a video that at the start, throws in the standard initial run box office figures and that he enjoyed TLJ to keep in Disneys good books and then proceeds to list most of the reasons why the film is such a failure. Smart Shill indeed.
Collided pulled a similar move, in spirit, in their Jedi Council show recently. They're all very careful to note box office totals, and personal affection for TLJ, yet the meat of their conversation recently seemed to address similar points that Campea highlighted.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Collided pulled a similar move, in spirit, in their Jedi Council show recently. They're all very careful to note box office totals, and personal affection for TLJ, yet the meat of their conversation recently seemed to address similar points that Campea highlighted.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

All the shills have done the math and finally realise that people arent buying the crap they are selling and they are losing credibility fast, really fast. Theres no point pandering to Disney if people are not going to take any notice of you full stop. The box office is officially dead, having fallen way short of TFA and toy sales are at pretty much zero, even Hasbro has ripped up the contract after 2020 to make anything from Star Wars. The home market is looking equally terrible.

Add another shill to the list of those jumping off as fast as they can as even this guy is reporting now on how bad things are looking for the future. Bye Bye Ruin.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back