Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Yeah, I saw that. Can't say I'm super excited about that. Wasn't crazy about Jurassic World, though I've not seen his other stuff.

Not only am I underwhelmed, I'm honestly more concerned than ever.

Jurrassic World was a great family fun movie, but the dialog, acting, and plot were all severely lacking and at some points flat out disappointing.. Safety Not Gaurenteed was "meh" at most, and I honestly don't remember much of anything about the film.. distinctly not what I'd look for in a Star Wars director.

These films are practically director proof. They have a story group and a lot of creative control. It would be hard to screw up.

These films are practically director proof. They have a story group and a lot of creative control. It would be hard to screw up.

You seem to underestimate how easy it is to screw up a movie. Especially a movie that will be so picked apart and analyzed by fans of the originals.

Disney has a good track record with cinematic universes so don't get me wrong, I'm very hopeful.... At the same time.. their choice here just leaves me scratching my head.

You seem to underestimate how easy it is to screw up a movie. Especially a movie that will be so picked apart and analyzed by fans of the originals.

Disney has a good track record with cinematic universes so don't get me wrong, I'm very hopeful.... At the same time.. their choice here just leaves me scratching my head.

With JJ and KK producing, o think it would be next to possible. This is going to be a VERY controlled productions.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/641219337349656576

colintrevorrow: Back to school. #IX

COYRlgbWoAAQEJR.jpg:large

I really wish this movie would have gone to JJ. We will see how he does with 7, but I'm guessing it is going to be pretty solid.

The thing about JJ as a director is that he really loves directing, appreciates his actors, and he works constructively with his staff. It's just a huge added bonus that he's a big Star Wars fan. To me, it just seems like he was made for this job.

I loved Safety Not Guaranteed and Jurassic World. What's wrong with CT?

What Westies said? Pretty much.

I loved hearing the Jurassic Park theme in a theater again, haven't done that since 1997. I also LOVED seeing the original T-rex. :love

Overall I thought the film was going to be horrendous and was happily surprised that it wasn't but it also wasn't "good". And nothing of the other things that I did liked had anything to do with the director.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back