Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

It's hollywood...the 40 year old gets the 20 year old with regularity.

very true... i dont want poe and rey together. reys got too much work she has to do now... she basically has to do what luke did over his 30 years after return of the jedi. and in reys case i think it may even be hardened to learn about the jedi... i imagine luke kept all the jedi artifacts in his new academy and kylo destroyed them...

so she needs to start form scratch...

i dont know how all you guys feel but i would like to see rey with a handful of students

very true... i dont want poe and rey together. reys got too much work she has to do now... she basically has to do what luke did over his 30 years after return of the jedi. and in reys case i think it may even be hardened to learn about the jedi... i imagine luke kept all the jedi artifacts in his new academy and kylo destroyed them...

so she needs to start form scratch...

i dont know how all you guys feel but i would like to see rey with a handful of students

Well, she does have the Jedi texts. For whatever that's worth.

Well, she does have the Jedi texts. For whatever that's worth.

do you think luke read them? i havent been in the last jedi thread much because i just cant take it lol but last i was in there they were talking about it being in a different language and not knowing if luke read them

if so, and those books will teach her all she needs to know then i guess she has it easy

You can't give someone a book on something and expect them to understand it completely to the point of teaching it by the time you're done reading it. Granted - the implication is she'll have ghosts to help her and presumably future students, but still.

Love or hate Last Jedi, at least the next one will be an open book as we rinsed Empire and Jedi in one go.

Although Daisy seems a little unnatural with the "lazer sword" her stunt double looks OK in the long shots so I'm looking forward to more between Kylo and Rey as thats been the best bit in the ST for me.
halliwax I don't think luke read the books from his brief talk with Yoda, except the bit on projection :)

I don't think he was ever supposed to be a kick ass jedi, Just the guy that set Vader back on his path.

He received barely any training, what a few days?

I think they are setting up Kylo and Rey to just be (conveniently) more gifted, already have I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love or hate Last Jedi, at least the next one will be an open book as we rinsed Empire and Jedi in one go.

Although Daisy seems a little unnatural with the "lazer sword" her stunt double looks OK in the long shots so I'm looking forward to more between Kylo and Rey as thats been the best bit in the ST for me.
@halliwax I don't think luke read the books from his brief talk with Yoda, except the bit on projection
:)

I don't think he was ever supposed to be a kick ass jedi, Just the guy that set Vader back on his path.

He received barely any training, what a few days?

I think they are setting up Kylo and Rey to just be (conveniently) more gifted, already have I suppose.

i feel the same way, i dont know if he learned the force projection from those books, or some other jedi temple hes found on his way. but watching the movie it made me feel like he didnt read them

i feel the same way, i dont know if he learned the force projection from those books, or some other jedi temple hes found on his way. but watching the movie it made me feel like he didnt read them

Hey Halliwax, I know you're a fan of the Battlefront compass, as am I. What if the compass was how he projected. Instead of showing a location to travel to physically, it showed where he'd project to. Just a thought.

I never thought i`d say this but I actually feel sorry for JJ Abrams. He has to stage a clean up that would make the Exxon Valdez blush.

You do know JJ is also the Executive Producer of "The Last Jedi", right? He obviously signed off on all this. I'm not sure he sees it so much as a stage to clean up. He helped pave the way Rian Johnson rode on making the film.

You do know JJ is also the Executive Producer of "The Last Jedi", right? He obviously signed off on all this. I'm not sure he sees it so much as a stage to clean up. He helped pave the way Rian Johnson rode on making the film.

Titles are handed out like lollies in such convoluted corporate payoff situations like this.

I'm stoked for 9! NO idea what's coming! Couldn't say that about ROTS. This trilogy has been blown wide open.

I suspect Snoke was a fake out. Too much Wizard of Oz imagery. Since this movie riffed on some Dark Empire stuff, perhaps he's a clone? If not, I hope we get at least a few words of backstory so he feels less random.

I'd love to see a big time jump with an older, trained Rey travelling incognito, recruiting back alley ragamuffins for her academy. Kinda a Jynn on Jeddha vibe, with a touch of nun/messiah imagery.

I'm hoping that Snoke's death was actually a force projection in the same way Luke did with Kylo, Snoke wanted to test Kylo and he knew what would be a perfect way to do it. That would make for some very interesting story points IMO.

Hey Halliwax, I know you're a fan of the Battlefront compass, as am I. What if the compass was how he projected. Instead of showing a location to travel to physically, it showed where he'd project to. Just a thought.

Yes very different theory! I like it!

I'm hoping that Snoke's death was actually a force projection in the same way Luke did with Kylo, Snoke wanted to test Kylo and he knew what would be a perfect way to do it. That would make for some very interesting story points IMO.

I always thought snoke was going to put his mind/conscience into Kylo Ren. Once he got kylo strong enough, ditching his crippled body

Kinda like Xavier did in X3. Moved his mind into his unconscious twin brothers body

This was pretty common in the EU with palpatine. He had multiple twin bodies he used, for some reason they aged quickly, once that body was weak, he moved his mind into a new one

This is what I was hoping to see with snoke... but I think snoke is dead :(

There were 3 things I was really hoping to see in TLJ:

1. Snoke discovering Rey was more connected to the Force than Kylo, which makes Snoke abandon him in favor of Rey and she's dragged to the Darkside. This infuriates Kylo (like everything else does) so he tracks down his Uncle Luke, makes amends for the wrong he's done while being seduced by the darkside and with the forgiveness and help from Luke, returns to the Lightside of the Force in order to rescue Rey from Snoke's grasp.

2. Really wanted to see it revealed that Rey is a Kenobi not just the daugher of some "junk traders".

3. And lastly, the longest shot of them all... an antenna array off in the distance and suddenly Chewbacca and the Falcon approach it closer to see Han hanging from it barely hanging on for dear life after the attempted murder by his whiny ass son. (I mean if they're already going to "pay homage" to Empire Strikes Back than why not)

As enjoyable as TFA was, Han's death has ALWAYS bothered me. Have the same exact scene between Kylo, Leia, and Han but instead have Kylo attempt to murder Leia and have Han step in the way of the lightsaber.... like a hero or better yet have Kylo go after Chewbacca and have Han step in the way to repay the life debt he owes Chewie.

And now that I'm thinking about it... HOW the hell does the Falcon land at the Rebel base after all that went down and Leia's ass just lets Chewbacca walk right past her after EVERYTHING they've been through. She blows him off and goes towards Rey, who's only known Han for a week tops. Chewie, Han and Luke saved Leia and all played important parts in rescuing the galaxy multiple times before Rey was even a twinkle in a Kenobi or some drunk junk traders minds. I mean come on!

SO with all that said, Episode IX has A LOT to figure out in my eyes. But I'll still be in the theaters opening night like I have been before.

Here's hoping after SOLO: A Star Wars Story we get to see a Boba Fett movie or higher hopes for Ewan McGregor as the Star Wars Mythos: Nomad Obi Wan Kenobi.

-Ash

One good thing that came out of TLJ is the built-in weakness Rian gave the FO by making Kylo Supreme Leader. Kylo's impotence and petulance is the perfect chink in the armor for the resistance to exploit to bring the FO down.

One good thing that came out of TLJ is the built-in weakness Rian gave the FO by making Kylo Supreme Leader. Kylo's impotence and petulance is the perfect chink in the armor for the resistance to exploit to bring the FO down.
Well Hux isn't entirely without flaws either.

Sent using Tapatalk.

what if in 9, there is a 2-3 year time gap. we now see kylo the strongest hes ever been in the force, and now is cool calm and collected. like vader... ?

Not sure it'd be believable. It'd be akin to anakin's fall in the PT....zero build-up and in 30 seconds, done.

For that to be believable, you need to have shown signs of it in TLJ which the did not as evidenced by his actions on Crait.

what if in 9, there is a 2-3 year time gap. we now see kylo the strongest hes ever been in the force, and now is cool calm and collected. like vader... ?
I wouldn't be surprised if they went that unoriginal route now that TLJ's brought us back to the exact same basic plot as the OT, but why not change things up a bit? The OT already had the big Empire, now we have that again in the ST. The OT already had a rebellion, now we have that again in the ST. The OT already had a Darth Vader, the ST doesn't so far thankfully, so let's take this chance to at least do that differently. Kylo is no Darth Vader and I don't think JJ intended him to be so when he created the character. For that, I am thankful.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back