Subscribe
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 8:14 AM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #351

Usagi Pilgrim said: View Post
    Hey Halliwax, I know you're a fan of the Battlefront compass, as am I. What if the compass was how he projected. Instead of showing a location to travel to physically, it showed where he'd project to. Just a thought.
    Yes very different theory! I like it!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 2, 2018, 8:18 AM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #352

nitrox said: View Post
    I'm hoping that Snoke's death was actually a force projection in the same way Luke did with Kylo, Snoke wanted to test Kylo and he knew what would be a perfect way to do it. That would make for some very interesting story points IMO.
    I always thought snoke was going to put his mind/conscience into Kylo Ren. Once he got kylo strong enough, ditching his crippled body

Kinda like Xavier did in X3. Moved his mind into his unconscious twin brothers body

This was pretty common in the EU with palpatine. He had multiple twin bodies he used, for some reason they aged quickly, once that body was weak, he moved his mind into a new one

This is what I was hoping to see with snoke... but I think snoke is dead
    From
    Santa Rosa, CA.
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 3, 2018, 11:24 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #353

Mr Webber said: View Post
    Titles are handed out like lollies in such convoluted corporate payoff situations like this.
    Yea, I don't see JJ stepping in and saying, "uh sorry Rian, you can't do that." It's more of just an honorary title they gave him.
  4. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 3, 2018, 11:32 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #354

Nitz146 said: View Post
    Yea, I don't see JJ stepping in and saying, "uh sorry Rian, you can't do that." It's more of just an honorary title they gave him.
    Absolutely Nitz146, that`s exactly how the system works.
    2 Weeks Ago  Jan 4, 2018, 2:04 AM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #355

There were 3 things I was really hoping to see in TLJ:

1. Snoke discovering Rey was more connected to the Force than Kylo, which makes Snoke abandon him in favor of Rey and she's dragged to the Darkside. This infuriates Kylo (like everything else does) so he tracks down his Uncle Luke, makes amends for the wrong he's done while being seduced by the darkside and with the forgiveness and help from Luke, returns to the Lightside of the Force in order to rescue Rey from Snoke's grasp.

2. Really wanted to see it revealed that Rey is a Kenobi not just the daugher of some "junk traders".

3. And lastly, the longest shot of them all... an antenna array off in the distance and suddenly Chewbacca and the Falcon approach it closer to see Han hanging from it barely hanging on for dear life after the attempted murder by his whiny ass son. (I mean if they're already going to "pay homage" to Empire Strikes Back than why not)

As enjoyable as TFA was, Han's death has ALWAYS bothered me. Have the same exact scene between Kylo, Leia, and Han but instead have Kylo attempt to murder Leia and have Han step in the way of the lightsaber.... like a hero or better yet have Kylo go after Chewbacca and have Han step in the way to repay the life debt he owes Chewie.

And now that I'm thinking about it... HOW the hell does the Falcon land at the Rebel base after all that went down and Leia's ass just lets Chewbacca walk right past her after EVERYTHING they've been through. She blows him off and goes towards Rey, who's only known Han for a week tops. Chewie, Han and Luke saved Leia and all played important parts in rescuing the galaxy multiple times before Rey was even a twinkle in a Kenobi or some drunk junk traders minds. I mean come on!

SO with all that said, Episode IX has A LOT to figure out in my eyes. But I'll still be in the theaters opening night like I have been before.

Here's hoping after SOLO: A Star Wars Story we get to see a Boba Fett movie or higher hopes for Ewan McGregor as the Star Wars Mythos: Nomad Obi Wan Kenobi.

-Ash
  6. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    From
    CNY
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 2:36 AM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #356

One good thing that came out of TLJ is the built-in weakness Rian gave the FO by making Kylo Supreme Leader. Kylo's impotence and petulance is the perfect chink in the armor for the resistance to exploit to bring the FO down.
    From
    somewhere in Luxembourg
    1 Week Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 3:52 AM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #357

seelsa73 said: View Post
    One good thing that came out of TLJ is the built-in weakness Rian gave the FO by making Kylo Supreme Leader. Kylo's impotence and petulance is the perfect chink in the armor for the resistance to exploit to bring the FO down.
    Well Hux isn't entirely without flaws either.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    6 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 8:27 AM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #358

what if in 9, there is a 2-3 year time gap. we now see kylo the strongest hes ever been in the force, and now is cool calm and collected. like vader... ?
    6 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 12:07 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #359

Not sure it'd be believable. It'd be akin to anakin's fall in the PT....zero build-up and in 30 seconds, done.

For that to be believable, you need to have shown signs of it in TLJ which the did not as evidenced by his actions on Crait.
  10. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    From
    CNY
    6 Days Ago  Jan 13, 2018, 3:21 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #360

halliwax said: View Post
    what if in 9, there is a 2-3 year time gap. we now see kylo the strongest hes ever been in the force, and now is cool calm and collected. like vader... ?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went that unoriginal route now that TLJ's brought us back to the exact same basic plot as the OT, but why not change things up a bit? The OT already had the big Empire, now we have that again in the ST. The OT already had a rebellion, now we have that again in the ST. The OT already had a Darth Vader, the ST doesn't so far thankfully, so let's take this chance to at least do that differently. Kylo is no Darth Vader and I don't think JJ intended him to be so when he created the character. For that, I am thankful.
    From
    Cajunville
    3 Days Ago  Jan 16, 2018, 9:17 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #361

I wouldn't be surprised if they went that unoriginal route now that TLJ's brought us back to the exact same basic plot as the OT, but why not change things up a bit? The OT already had the big Empire, now we have that again in the ST. The OT already had a rebellion, now we have that again in the ST. The OT already had a Darth Vader, the ST doesn't so far thankfully, so let's take this chance to at least do that differently. Kylo is no Darth Vader and I don't think JJ intended him to be so when he created the character. For that, I am thankful.
    But , Kylo, as we know now, is the strongest the Darkside has. Which isnt saying much. If this does skip years, and Kylo is a bad *****, then there would be alot of explaining to do.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 5:15 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #362

you guys think JJ will really flip things around and change reys parentage?
  13. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 5:19 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #363

I think he has been left with no other choice.
    From
    Cheboygan, MI
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 5:31 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #364

It would be easy to do. A simple line of dialogue where Rey says "He was lying." after she discovers that Kenobi is her grandfather.

Or even Kylo says "I had to lie to you to try and turn you to the darkside." while Rey kicks the crap out of him again.
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 5:31 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #365

And that is why there is a need for a clear story arc. So no one person can come in and change the fundamental requirements
    of the story to suit their own need to put their thumbprint on it.
    From
    Cajunville
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 5:41 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #366

"Han Solo.. you feel like hes the father you never had."

I would like to know one reason why Rey is not Kylo's sister? And dont give me the "it was said by Kylo". Cause he is a liar and manipulator. And dont give me the RJ excuse, because as of now, they are all deceitful. trying to throw us all off track.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 5:49 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #367

People need to give up this Rey parents stuff and accept her parents aren’t important and move on.
    From
    Cajunville
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 5:53 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #368

Bryancd said: View Post
    People need to give up this Rey parents stuff and accept her parents aren’t important and move on.
    But I want to know...

I liked the midichlorian answer. I liked the Anakin to Vadar answer. I liked the Luke parentage and rise to Jedi answer. I like the fall of the Jedi answer.

When a question is presented, I like the answer. Im sorry for that fault. I just feel more "connected" to a character when I know the background. Not just spawning out of nowhere.
    Last edited by DarthLee; 2 Days Ago at 6:00 PM.
  19. RPF Premium Member Mr Webber's Avatar
    From
    Terra Australis
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 6:01 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #369

DarthLee said: View Post
    But I want to know...

I liked the midichlorian answer. I liked the Anakin to Vadar answer. I liked the Luke parentage and rise to Jedi answer. I like the fall of the Jedi answer.

When a question is presented, I like the answer. Im sorry for that fault.
    The whole idea came from a fan fiction story published two months before the release of TFA so its old news anyway.
    From
    Cajunville
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 6:04 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #370

Mr Webber said: View Post
    The whole idea came from a fan fiction story published two months before the release of TFA so its old news anyway.
    Lol.. I saw that. I think its a little coincidental. Yet interesting.

I guess I will just have to wait for the prequels to the sequels.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 6:19 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #371

Bryancd said: View Post
    i honestly like her parents being junkies, but i feel like everything JJ built up in 7 was thrown away in 8. so now with JJ back for 9 i wonder if he will "re-mend" everything back together, rey being related to luke, snoke really surviving... or transplanting his mind into someone else body.. (really wanted to see that, was hoping snoke was only getting kylo stronger so he could do the whole mind swap, and steal his body and power)

but just wonder if JJ will course correct everything that he setup that was thrown away..
    From
    Herald, Kalifornia
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 6:20 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #372

Whatever happens, it's probably going to be really, really funny.
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 6:33 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #373

DarthLee said: View Post
    "Han Solo.. you feel like hes the father you never had."

I would like to know one reason why Rey is not Kylo's sister? And dont give me the "it was said by Kylo". Cause he is a liar and manipulator. And dont give me the RJ excuse, because as of now, they are all deceitful. trying to throw us all off track.
    Because there's no way Han and Leia toss their daughter into a hell hole like jakuu completely on her own at that age when Kylo hadn't gone off the deep end yet. If that were to happen for some idiotic reason, Luke (or someone else) would have pulled a ben and hid out there with her to protect her. Unless you believe RJ's logic that he'd have said, screw her, i already failed so i'm never going to do anything ever again.
    From
    Herald, Kalifornia
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 6:36 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #374

cboath said: View Post
    Because there's no way Han and Leia toss their daughter into a hell hole like jakuu completely on her own at that age when Kylo hadn't gone off the deep end yet. If that were to happen for some idiotic reason, Luke (or someone else) would have pulled a ben and hid out there with her to protect her. Unless you believe RJ's logic that he'd have said, screw her, i already failed so i'm never going to do anything ever again.
    I started to write something kind of like this, but it started to make my head hurt and I stopped. You said it better than I could have anyway, so thanks.
    From
    Cajunville
    2 Days Ago  Jan 17, 2018, 7:04 PM - Re: STAR WARS Episode IX #375

cboath said: View Post
    Tatooine was a hellhole. Thieves and traders and the Hutt. If Obiwan was never looking over Luke, what would have happened?

What did Qui-gon say. Something along the lines "It would be no different than if we landed on a system controlled by the Federation...except the Hutts aren't looking for her, which gives us an advantage."

No one looks for anyone on Jakuu

The split of the siblings came way before Kylo's turn. Just like the split with Leia and Luke, and no one looks for anyone on Tatooine either