Iron Man MkVII 3D model

ddf27

Hey guys
Here's a link for the files that I was able to finish so far.
Iron Man Mark 7 by David F. - 4shared
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a7knxsmlea287/Iron_Man_Mk7

It will contain pepakura, foam, .obj files and .stl files for 3d print, so choose your way and good luck.
I tried to make it easy to build, with as much details as I could.
If you want, post some pictures of your build, I would love to see how it turns out.

Here's a list of the parts that I have so far on that folder:

Abs: All files uploaded.
Arms: .stl and .obj file uploaded
Boots: -
Cod: pep, .stl and .obj files uploaded
Helmet: .stl and .obj file uploaded
Legs: .stl and .obj file uploaded
Neck: .stl and .obj files uploaded
Torso: .stl and .obj files uploaded

Special thanks to:
- streetsoul for unfolding it to pepakura
- Kryro for unfolding it to foam
- Chipsahoyes for cutting the .stl files

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,
After lots of time searching for a good 3d model of Iron Man Mk VII (the one on Avengers), I decided to do it myself.
Since I'm a bit perfectionist, I'm trying to make one as close as possible to the one in the movies, but be patient with me, because I learnt 3d modelling in 20 minutes and this is actually my first try, so any suggestion and help is appreciated.

Here is my progress so far, the upper part doesn't have many details yet, because I wanted to finish the legs first and work my way up.

V1.png
V2.png
V3.png
V4.png

Last edited:
Wow! That looks really good. When you say you learned it in 20 minutes, do you mean you watched a video? Which one?

Update here: cod and thigh pieces almost done, going for the shins next. Still don't know if I should make the various details on the cod or just leave it like this. Since I'm gonna pep this eventually, I can do those details in the bondo stage. What do you guys think?

V5.png

I'm still here! I've been working on the ab plates, they're separate now, lot easier to build and much more detailed. I'm gonna make some extra parts so that they slide on one another. I'm going to work on the rings and spine now. Plus, I corrected a bit the front of the thighs, I didn't like how they were, but no big changes. Another thing I'm not liking is the back/shoulders bit, it looks too big even without the booster packs. Any opinions?

V7.png

Last edited:
I'm still here! I've been working on the ab plates, they're separate now, lot easier to build and much more detailed. I'm gonna make some extra parts so that they slide on one another. I'm going to work on the rings and spine now. Plus, I corrected a bit the front of the thighs, I didn't like how they were, but no big changes. Another thing I'm not liking is the back/shoulders bit, it looks too big even without the booster packs. Any opinions?

View attachment 454534
abs are looking great buddy and id keep on going pal i think the back is looking great and once the boosters are on its not acctually that big :)

No big updates today, sorry, had a crazy day, but at least I was able to do a little on the rings and trust me, it's a pain in the ass! But it's getting nice, I'll show pictures soon.

Will this be able to be made in foam. I want to complete a mark 7 arm in the next 3 weeks :)

Well, that doesn't depend on me, buddy. If there was someone that could unfold this for foam, then absolutely. Right now, I can only say with certainty that it will be available in pep, but I will ask around, don't worry. :)

how goes the build buddy ? any progress ?

Slow but so far so good, I think. I found this photo that shows how the rings are separate and I'm planning on following it. I will definitely have more progresses tomorrow and in the weekend, don't worry. So far, what do you think?

V8.png6.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back