Iron Man MkVII 3D model

fantastic post and the CAD work looks great, I've built the helmet and have been putting the finishing touches on it, I've motorised the faceplate with a servo and used a picaxe microcontroller to control the faceplate and 3D printed arc reactor. I'm looking to build the rest of the suit using a combination of 3D printing and foam build, the arms and legs will be my next aim.
What are you using to convert your .obj files into something printable?
Keep up the great work IMG_0378.JPG

fantastic post and the CAD work looks great, I've built the helmet and have been putting the finishing touches on it, I've motorised the faceplate with a servo and used a picaxe microcontroller to control the faceplate and 3D printed arc reactor. I'm looking to build the rest of the suit using a combination of 3D printing and foam build, the arms and legs will be my next aim.
What are you using to convert your .obj files into something printable?
Keep up the great workView attachment 505122

It's really amazing, hats off!
You mean the program? It's blender. Just import the .obj file to blender and export it as an .stl file.
Would definitely love to see the progresses of your build!

It's really amazing, hats off!
You mean the program? It's blender. Just import the .obj file to blender and export it as an .stl file.
Would definitely love to see the progresses of your build!

I'll keep you updated and when I've got enough pieces made to make it worthwhile I create my own post to share.
The chin on mine looks a bit off in the photo as it's still covered in masking tape after i painted it gold, it need a couple more coats of paint and then a coat a laquer to finish it but otherwise I'm happy.

Amazing work mate. I just got my 3d printer today and want to start printing this amazing iron man you made.My only problem is that i am a noob in 3d (just started learning ) but i can't seem to find how i can scale the parts to fit me. is there any easy way to do it?

I use the program Netfabb to scale and slice all of my parts to fit. It's a free program, for those uses, but has a paid version that unlocks all the functions.

Amazing work mate. I just got my 3d printer today and want to start printing this amazing iron man you made.My only problem is that i am a noob in 3d (just started learning ) but i can't seem to find how i can scale the parts to fit me. is there any easy way to do it?

Here's a few progress shots. My printer has run into a few problems, but after a few new motors and a ton of down time it is running like a champ now.Progress.JPGProgress 4.JPGProgress 5.JPGProgress 3.JPGProgress 1.JPGprogress 6.JPG

Update: Just uploaded the arms and legs for 3d print and add them on the .rar as well. Thanks Chipsahoyes for cutting the files once again! Just need to finish the boots and this suit is done.

What is the chances of one large file containing all of the .stl's in 1 bulk file type. Saves on all the sheer amount of hassle to deal with the downloading sites for 30+ files in a session...

What is the chances of one large file containing all of the .stl's in 1 bulk file type. Saves on all the sheer amount of hassle to deal with the downloading sites for 30+ files in a session...

I've been requested to do a single .obj file as well and I would do that, but first I want to finish the whole suit first. If you don't want to wait for it, you have a single .zip file with everything, don't see how that takes so much work or time. I will try to finish the boots asap though.

Here's a few progress shots. My printer has run into a few problems, but after a few new motors and a ton of down time it is running like a champ now.View attachment 518443View attachment 518445View attachment 518444View attachment 518446View attachment 518447View attachment 518448

What scale are you using based on your height and head diameter? Does it fit well? I myself wasted a lot of time printing an oversized helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been requested to do a single .obj file as well and I would do that, but first I want to finish the whole suit first. If you don't want to wait for it, you have a single .zip file with everything, don't see how that takes so much work or time. I will try to finish the boots asap though.

Any chance do you know of a proper scale for you 3d files?

What scale are you using based on your height and head diameter? Does it fit well? I myself wasted a lot of time printing an oversized helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

I am 6'1 and used a general scale of 110. As for the helmet, I would suggest measuring from ear to ear and add a small amount for comfort. My helmet is actually a bit tall and on its own it looked huge, but when I printed the neck and put them both on the neck adjusted the positioning of the helmet to where it looked and felt perfect. The key thing to remember is these are based off the cg models and unless you do a 3d scan of your body and adjust the files accordingly you won't have an absolute perfect fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    965.7 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 319
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 458

Did you ever finish the boots? I didn't see them in the mediafire folder. Looking forward to tackling this project. You did an amazing job with the model!

Curious if the boots were ever done or if anybody has .stl for the boots they wouldn't mind sharing? I am printing off the rest of the armor and would be nice to have the complete set.

Was this model ever finished?

Curious if the boots were ever done or if anybody has .stl for the boots they wouldn't mind sharing? I am printing off the rest of the armor and would be nice to have the complete set.

Hey guys, I've been MIA for a long time, so I apologize if I didn't answer anyone. Unfortunately due to lack of time I never managed to finish the boots and to make things worse, a couple of months ago, my laptop got broken and I lost all the files I had except the ones on the mediafire link.
I hope I have time to eventually rebuild and finish this model and start other ones, but I can't guarantee anything at this point.
Again, sorry for any inconvenience.

Hello, good morning, forgive me for bothering you.
First of all, a thousand thanks for the work you have been doing with the ironman mk VII.
I'm writing to you because I have a problem with the files.
I'm 1,76m
But good the subject is the following.
I take the .stl files that you have made and I open it with Slic3r and the program tells me that it is 100% scaled.
But I get a Super small size. Almost toy. What should be the good scale?
Could you look at your files? Thank you.
I wait your answer.
greetings

PS, sorry if English is not the right one, I am using the translator.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back