Iron Man MkVII 3D model

Any updates??? Really stoked for this next build, can't wait! Does the back separate into 3 pieces or are the flaps able to split apart even more? Or maybe the were just one piece in the movie? Idk I'm going to do some avengers research tonight and see for myself.

I don't have big updates yet since I'm gonna have an exam tomorrow, but I'm almost finishing the arms and boots, the only parts left. I made the back to be separated into 3 parts as you can see in a pic up this page, but in the actual movie suit, the flaps are connected to the backpack (you can do that with some hinges or something like that).

Update here: uploaded the .obj files into my 4shared, that way whoever wants to unfold the files themselves for pepakura or foam go ahead. Almost finished with the leg (boot not included since it'll be scaled differently depending on your show size) and helmet, will upload them later on today. Btw, the .obj files are not scaled correctly like the already unfolded files. To help, I'm around 1,77 m (around 5 ft 9 in) and a good scale for me is 91 on the files. Good luck with them.

Awesome. So freakin aweome!
Logged on to grab some reference pics assembling an arm, and saw the update. there goes my afternoon...
Solid work man, thanks for the scaling reference as well.

Been working on the arms for a while, just need some final touches and it'll be ready. I noticed something wrong on the .obj of the legs, so I'll fix it when I have the chance.

V30.png

Hey ddf27, is there any chance we could get a mirror for the download? Also, Arms are looking great! I got my printer built yesterday and started the helmet today. Fingers crossed I will have a faceplate when I return from work.

Hey buddy, I'm sorry, what do you mean by mirror? Do you mean another way of downloading it, like mediafire? And thanks, I hope everything goes well with your build, post some pics if you can, I'd love to see how it turns out!

Update: Sorry for the long wait, just uploaded the helmet .stl files and uploaded everything to mediafire. Now that I'm on holidays (finally) I'll finish the rest of the suit asap. I'll keep you posted.

Update: Just finished and uploaded the .obj for the arms, only the boots left to finish and this suit will be finished.

Just wanted to show you my progress on the actual suit, tried to unfold for pepakura myself and it doesn't seem too hard, half a day doing it and this is the result so far. :D Of course it's still not in the correct shape, but it will be eventually.

2015-07-19 12.09.55.jpg

Last edited:
I mean the picture, but now it's ok (and the unfold seems ok, too). Now you must try to work with "thickeness" pieces, it's the hard part :). Maybe you must resize flaps for those parts.

Wow this build is incredible! This really makes me want to start my mark 7. I would love for these files to be unfolded for a foam build when someone has a chance. Keep up the great work!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back