Iron Man MkVII 3D model

Update here: just have to finish some tweaks on the flaps since I'm making them removable and it'll be finished. Tomorrow it'll be ready to unfold, if everything goes well, and I'll start working on finishing the legs that are almost ready as well. What do you guys think?

V24.png

Since you started this model I still cant believe how you could work with isometric views to model it....I made mine too but in another way
Anyway you are doing a nice work with this one... ;) keep it up!

Since you started this model I still cant believe how you could work with isometric views to model it....I made mine too but in another way
Anyway you are doing a nice work with this one... ;) keep it up!

Thanks, buddy! I saw your work a few days ago (pure coincidence ahah) and it's amazing! I have a few suits I want to build and your Ultron Prime is one of them, great job!

- - - Updated - - -

Update here: Finished the torso 100%, gonna make the .stl files and the support parts for pep right away! Here's a look of the back, what do you guys think?

Back.png

Thanks, buddy! I saw your work a few days ago (pure coincidence ahah) and it's amazing! I have a few suits I want to build and your Ultron Prime is one of them, great job!

- - - Updated - - -

Update here: Finished the torso 100%, gonna make the .stl files and the support parts for pep right away! Here's a look of the back, what do you guys think?

View attachment 477942

Looks awesome! Just started printing the neck today, but bring on the meat of this project!!! I'm gonna need to make a stand for all of this sooner than I thought

I am enjoying watching this model come together, you are doing great work.

My only concern is that I think the conversion to .STL or slicing seems to be messing with the mesh?
A smoothing filter in either Meshlab or Meshmixer makes it look nicer but it would be better to sort it out without having to do this as you lose a little edge definition.

Attachments

• UNsmoothed00.jpg
    UNsmoothed00.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 205
I am enjoying watching this model come together, you are doing great work.

My only concern is that I think the conversion to .STL or slicing seems to be messing with the mesh?
A smoothing filter in either Meshlab or Meshmixer makes it look nicer but it would be better to sort it out without having to do this as you lose a little edge definition.

Thanks!
Since I'm not gonna 3d print my suit, maybe I haven't given much attention to these files, but I just checked all the .stl converted files and they don't show any signs of errors in the mesh. I'll definitely look into that, thanks for warning me!

Update here: Almost done with the shoulders, thighs and hip pods, did some work on the shins also. By the way, I did the shoulder only one piece, not two, just a warning.

V25.png

Last edited:
Update here: I've been having exams, so I'm not having time for much, but at least I'm almost finishing the legs, including the boots. Will finish as soon as possible.

V27.png

Update here: Almost done with the suit, just need to finish the boots, hip pods, bicep, upper forearm and handplate. What do you guys think? Btw, I finished the helmet just to have a complete 3d model, but I don't think it's as accurate as darkside's or omarbou's. Do you want me to upload it anyway?
Another note: if you look carefully to a picture of the suit itself you'll see that the circle joint part of the bicep makes a curve around the arm. I didn't do that in my model because it'd be a pain in the ass just to make the arm move smoothly, if it was possible anyway. So, it's not the most accurate, but I think it's easier like this.

V28.pngV29.png

Last edited:
Update here: Almost done with the suit, just need to finish the boots, hip pods, bicep, upper forearm and handplate. What do you guys think? Btw, I finished the helmet just to have a complete 3d model, but I don't think it's as accurate as darkside's or omarbou's. Do you want me to upload it anyway?

View attachment 489039View attachment 489040

Can you upload the full model in obj? If people want to make their own edits and smoothing for 3d printing, it's way easier with the lower poly model.

Oh good lord I could cry! This is exactly what I needed to convince me to make the Mark 21, which is just a Mark 7 respray! And better yet, by the time you are done with them my current suit will be wrapped up. Sooo excited for this. Great job!
P.S. If anyone is also adding the weapons into the suit (thigh missiles, arm missiles, shoulder missiles, or the wrist laser) I would love to see how you're going about it, or planning to! Also, any space to put in a decent quality speaker, I've always thought that that would be so cool to blast ACDC on or simply use for the servos sounds etc. Finally getting a decent-paying job over the summer, so I'm going all out on this suit, cuz now I can afford it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to join theRPF for the longest time now because I wanted to know how people approached an Iron Man suit. And wow, my mind is just blown. I can't wait to see more of this Mark VII model

Oh good lord I could cry! This is exactly what I needed to convince me to make the Mark 21, which is just a Mark 7 respray! And better yet, by the time you are done with them my current suit will be wrapped up. Sooo excited for this. Great job!
P.S. If anyone is also adding the weapons into the suit (thigh missiles, arm missiles, shoulder missiles, or the wrist laser) I would love to see how you're going about it, or planning to! Also, any space to put in a decent quality speaker, I've always thought that that would be so cool to blast ACDC on or simply use for the servos sounds etc. Finally getting a decent-paying job over the summer, so I'm going all out on this suit, cuz now I can afford it!

I've been wanting to join theRPF for the longest time now because I wanted to know how people approached an Iron Man suit. And wow, my mind is just blown. I can't wait to see more of this Mark VII model

Damn, thank you so much! Btw, BlueSteel, I'm actually thinking of adding as many weapons as I possibly can and I already have plans on my head to do them, when I have my suit built I'll surely share my mechanisms (if they work ahah). About the speaker, never thought of that, but it would be awesome to have ACDC or the Avengers Theme, will definitely look into that!

Damn, thank you so much! Btw, BlueSteel, I'm actually thinking of adding as many weapons as I possibly can and I already have plans on my head to do them, when I have my suit built I'll surely share my mechanisms (if they work ahah). About the speaker, never thought of that, but it would be awesome to have ACDC or the Avengers Theme, will definitely look into that!
For sure! If you draw up any plans would you mind possibly sending them in a PM? I'd love to see what you have in mind, I've got some basic ideas as well! Also if you want, maybe look into designing the missiles yourself for 3d printing that would probably be very appreciated by everyone im sure! Good luck to you sir!

Any updates??? Really stoked for this next build, can't wait! Does the back separate into 3 pieces or are the flaps able to split apart even more? Or maybe the were just one piece in the movie? Idk I'm going to do some avengers research tonight and see for myself.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back