Iron Man MkVII 3D model

Just a small progress shot...still a ton of filling and sanding to do. the back is in the same stages
. image1.JPG

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Well, I wanted to do the extra parts on the back, but to do that, I wanted to do the neck first... And to do that I wanted to make the helmet first... In a few words, I made the front of the helmet and the back (the top is getting hard to get the proportions right) and started with the back part of the neck... It's getting good, but I don't know about the helmet though, it looks too big to me. Any opinions?

V20.png

Just finished the neck, just need to make some extensions since I made it 3 rings separately like the abs to be collapsible. After that, it'll be ready for unfold. Going to do the extra parts on the back now.

V21.png

Well, I wanted to do the extra parts on the back, but to do that, I wanted to do the neck first... And to do that I wanted to make the helmet first... In a few words, I made the front of the helmet and the back (the top is getting hard to get the proportions right) and started with the back part of the neck... It's getting good, but I don't know about the helmet though, it looks too big to me. Any opinions?

View attachment 472308
I'm loving it! Kinda hard to see if the helmet is too big until you see the big picture. But honestly if it is a hair too large, that's where scaling come in on the production front.

IMG_1331.JPG
Slowly, but surely. Focused on the back rings today. Still some fine details to do, then back to the 2nd and 3rd ab rings. BRING IT ON!!!

View attachment 472770
Slowly, but surely. Focused on the back rings today. Still some fine details to do, then back to the 2nd and 3rd ab rings. BRING IT ON!!!

Damn, it's really amazing! Looking forward to updates! :popcorn Wish I had a 3d printer, but I guess pep will have to do for me. :lol
I will finish the .stl files of the cod piece with all the details right away. By the way, does the abs fit well?

Damn, it's really amazing! Looking forward to updates! :popcorn Wish I had a 3d printer, but I guess pep will have to do for me. :lol
I will finish the .stl files of the cod piece with all the details right away. By the way, does the abs fit well?
Thanks! I scaled them up 1.6x, fits perfectly width-wise but I'll have to add spacers down the middle, about one inch on each side.

Thanks! I scaled them up 1.6x, fits perfectly width-wise but I'll have to add spacers down the middle, about one inch on each side.

Well, at least it's better to have excess room than the opposite. Too bad it's not a perfect fit though... Tomorrow I'll have the .stl files for the cod ready.

hey buddy how goes he model ? any more unfolds u need me to do ?

Hey buddy, sorry, so far I haven't really finished anything, but I'm trying to finish the torso along with the neck as fast as I can, maybe this weekend, but I can't promise it.

very good work my friend :)!
i'm not sure, but did you make different sizes for cod and abs parts?

Thanks!
If you're talking about the .stl files, unfortunately yes they're different sizes, so, sorry, but you're gonna have to scale them yourself.

Almost done with the torso and might I say, the "backpack" looks like it will fit like a glove. :D
And although you don't see it, the flaps are removable also.

V23.png

Update: Just uploaded the .stl files for the neck. There are two, one solid and one collapsible, so choose one or the other or both. Another thing, iNSPIRATION asked about the scale of the files. It was my mistake for the abs and cod, so I'll scale them down to match the same scale of the neck since that scale is the same of the pepakura and foam files. I'm sorry for any inconvenience, will upload the "good" files when I can.

Neck.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back