Iron Man MkVII 3D model

Sorry for the long wait. I'm almost done with the front of the rings, there's just that little spot between the first and second rings that I have no idea how I will do it... In the meantime, I will start the spine right now and hopefully finish it still today. I wish I had more updates to show but the abs are driving me crazy, ahah. Still, they're pretty nice, imho. :)

V9.png

Looks fantastic so far! A tip for making your models look nicer for rendering with blender: set the objects faces to 'smooth' and add the modifier: 'edge split' :)
Keep up the good work!

Keep in mind the pictures you are using for 'blueprints' are perspective images and therefore the various parts of the suit on the front/back images don't match up to the side images. Also, the suit from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet is not proportionate either. I have spent a lot of time on my model compensating for that and making sure that everything is properly proportioned. It would be so much easier if we had orthographic views from the front, back, and sides. ;)

It is looking good. Keep plugging away at it.

Keep in mind the pictures you are using for 'blueprints' are perspective images and therefore the various parts of the suit on the front/back images don't match up to the side images. Also, the suit from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet is not proportionate either. I have spent a lot of time on my model compensating for that and making sure that everything is properly proportioned. It would be so much easier if we had orthographic views from the front, back, and sides. ;)

It is looking good. Keep plugging away at it.

Yeah, I know that already, specially when I was in the head. I had to rotate the images to match the side image with the front image. It gets tiring after a while, but I won't give up. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! :D

Hey all. Finished the spine a while ago and it looks beautiful. I've been working on the back of the rings, trying to make it easier to build and now all I see are the imperfections on the rings in the front, which I will give it a go once I finish the back part. It won't take long to finish the abs, I think. :)

V11.png

Hey all. Finished the spine a while ago and it looks beautiful. I've been working on the back of the rings, trying to make it easier to build and now all I see are the imperfections on the rings in the front, which I will give it a go once I finish the back part. It won't take long to finish the abs, I think. :)

View attachment 459471
gota say bro that back piece is looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt cant wait to tackle this build and build an accurate mk 7 :)

I've been working my ass off on the abs and they're almost complete! Tomorrow I think I can get them finished and ready for the unfolding with the cod as well! :)

I've been working my ass off on the abs and they're almost complete! Tomorrow I think I can get them finished and ready for the unfolding with the cod as well! :)
awsome cant wait bro

- - - Updated - - -

awsome cant wait bro

Nothing to add, but felt I had to say what a great job! Been looking for a source to base a 3D print of the Mark VII and this might just be it!

So, like I promised for today, the abs are finally ready for unfolding. :D Here's a picture of it. I'm gonna work on converting it to .stl right now. Moving to another subject, just a quick question, the cod piece is also ready for unfolding but it does not contain the grooves, since I was thinking of making them in the bondo stage on pepakura. Since some of you will in 3d print this, for maximum accuracy, should I add the grooves? It will take me some time though.

ABS.png

Update: Already put the link of my 4shared folder with abs files on foam and .stl files (on this one, I did the best I could without being a pro). Again, if you see any flaw, please tell me.

So, like I promised for today, the abs are finally ready for unfolding. :D Here's a picture of it. I'm gonna work on converting it to .stl right now. Moving to another subject, just a quick question, the cod piece is also ready for unfolding but it does not contain the grooves, since I was thinking of making them in the bondo stage on pepakura. Since some of you will in 3d print this, for maximum accuracy, should I add the grooves? It will take me some time though.

View attachment 461850
I'm in the middle of printing the first portion of the abs, had to cut them into multiple pieces to print. The lower ab should be done tomorrow night, can't wait! I love the detail in the abs, would love to see similar details in the cod but I can always add them in with some bondo. GREAT JOB on the files!

I'm in the middle of printing the first portion of the abs, had to cut them into multiple pieces to print. The lower ab should be done tomorrow night, can't wait! I love the detail in the abs, would love to see similar details in the cod but I can always add them in with some bondo. GREAT JOB on the files!

Look forward on seeing some pics of it in action, hope you can get a good fit! I didn't add the grooves on the cod because in pepakura it would be a pain in the ass to make them, and since bondo is a must, they can still be made, but for 3d print I'll see what I can do.

Going for the upper torso now, so expect lots of extra parts!

ok buddy i have the unfolds ready to upload just let me no how u want them sending and ill send them too you :)

I have the .stl files cut and ready to upload let me know how you want them sent as well

- - - Updated - - -

ok buddy i have the unfolds ready to upload just let me no how u want them sending and ill send them too you :)

I have the .stl files cut and ready to upload let me know how you want them sent as well

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back