This design is really cool. I especially like the gloves.

Thanks man! Yeah I wanted to have those red gloves in somehow, so I actually decided to make the red section part of the sleeve with the thumb loop thing (like the Flash's suit) and then have some blue fingerless gloves underneath made out of the suit fabric :)

Cool thread, and nice work everyone. Here's my original bat I made a few months back.
original batcowl.JPG

My most recent entry into the "what to do about Superman's underoos" argument. Figured that treating the costume as two separate pieces, pants and a "jacket" made the most sense for keeping a belt without trunks to hold up, since unlike Bats Superman doesn't have the excuse of needing to lug a bunch of equipment around with him. Would definitely love some feedback

Also does anybody like this S shield? I started off thinking it looked cool but I'm not so sure anymore lol

1a0cceccfcec5269774e7e197cd14155.jpg

EDIT: Just finished the final version this morning. Added the same ribbed detail on the knees to the sleeves, changed up how the cape connects to the costume, and came up with a version of the shield that I'm definitely happier with. Pics below

0a326822ca4e5e8b633bac4d58435436.jpg

41d5321d17e9a4251c39ff918153f193.jpg

Especially happy with the solar motif I have on the shield. Plus I worked in some Kryptonian text!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My most recent entry into the "what to do about Superman's underoos" argument. Figured that treating the costume as two separate pieces, pants and a "jacket" made the most sense for keeping a belt without trunks to hold up, since unlike Bats Superman doesn't have the excuse of needing to lug a bunch of equipment around with him. Would definitely love some feedback

Also does anybody like this S shield? I started off thinking it looked cool but I'm not so sure anymore lol

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/1a0cceccfcec5269774e7e197cd14155.jpg

Low key might steal that for a 90's superboy cosplay i'm planning, that S looks awesome.

anywho, to contribute to the thread; I'm currently building red robin for AX, and am planning to build the red hood and Bab's designs by the end of the summer

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 11.33.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-26 at 11.32.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-26 at 11.32.47 PM.png

Low key might steal that for a 90's superboy cosplay i'm planning, that S looks awesome.

Be more than happy to send you the vector file for the shield if you want it

Also seriously love your sketch style. Wish my pencil work was good enough that I could sketch instead of using Illustrator lol

Last edited:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/1a0cceccfcec5269774e7e197cd14155.jpg

anywho, to contribute to the thread; I'm currently building red robin for AX, and am planning to build the red hood and Bab's designs by the end of the summer

View attachment 638421View attachment 638422View attachment 638423

Very cool Superman design Clayman. I especially love the symbol.

Love your designs gledar! The Red Robin design is really awesome.

Small update on my projects. I threw together a custom Green Arrow for comic con, but I would like to tweak some things before I post any pictures. I also just did a design of Nightwing that I will post when I get the chance. Happy building everyone.

Bumping to promote an edit to my last post about Supes. Finished up the costume, plus came up with what I think is a very cool S shield. Thoughts appreciated!

Polyvore Concept.JPG
Here's my concept for a Red Hood Sith the holsters will be red. Don't know if i want to use my red hood helmet(if i can get it to open up some more it had a little too much heat in my car and caved in just enough to make it painful to put on and take off.) or my wig and buy a Mask from TigerstoneFx. I wanna buy a saber from UltraSabers but there soooo expensive with sound. ill post pics as i get some stuff done.

View attachment 651114
Here's my concept for a Red Hood Sith the holsters will be red. Don't know if i want to use my red hood helmet(if i can get it to open up some more it had a little too much heat in my car and caved in just enough to make it painful to put on and take off.) or my wig and buy a Mask from TigerstoneFx. I wanna buy a saber from UltraSabers but there soooo expensive with sound. ill post pics as i get some stuff done.

Cool design. For the mask it might be cool to mix the red hood style with something like Revan's style sith mask. I know what you mean about the Ultrasaber, the one I got I ended up ordering without sound. I do love my saber though.

I got one without sound at MegaCon this year soo. i am hoping i can find them at a con so i don't have to pay shipping. 2015-03-31 001.JPG
this is my helmet currently i just have to figure out how to open it up more since i screwed up and left it in my car and now its just small enough to hurt taking it off and on.

Attachments

• 2015-04-11 008.JPG
    2015-04-11 008.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 170
I got one without sound at MegaCon this year soo. i am hoping i can find them at a con so i don't have to pay shipping. View attachment 652000
this is my helmet currently i just have to figure out how to open it up more since i screwed up and left it in my car and now its just small enough to hurt taking it off and on.

If you want a drastically different look you could cut the the mask open completely from ear to ear and use an adjustable strap system similar to a lot of the Deathstroke builds to keep the front and back halves together

Got bored today and thought of the new Superman costume on the Supergirl tv show, and the Rebirth costume and figured that with Supes getting all these new threads I'd throw my hat in the ring. So, I drew out a Superman and threw it on the copy machine and busted out my markers. These are what came of it, I may do some more later if the mood strikes. Might even do some with the old school trunks(though I doubt it because I really like it better without). So enjoy!
001.jpg I like this over all, I saw the Jim Lee redesign from the 90s and loved the short sleeved look, plus it makes sense that someone who gets his powers from the sun would want to exposed more skin to it for better absorbtion. And the abundance of the "S" shield makes sense in the modern world, I mean everything you own has a logo or two, my shoes have at least three swooshes on them. Plus, I've always liked The "S" shield buckle reminiscent of Superman Returns and the Donnor run in the comics, but The red sides blend too much with the red cape, so I think the design would work for Superboy, sans cape, maybe with long sleeves.

002.jpg I like the red trim and the "S" shield buckle being yellow balances the colors a bit.

003.jpg Same basic thing, but with the short sleeves, and thought I'd give him a little glowing red eyes for the heck of it(seems like every comic cover has the glowing red eyes these days).

004.jpg This one I took some inspiration from both Superman :Earth One and Smallville Season 11, with the two tone blue. I like that multiple blues, they help break up the monotony of the all blue suit, and the boots trimmed in yellow help add color. I think this one is my favorite, maybe I'll try a short sleeved version of it see if I like it.

Not one of mine, but I ran across this researching the Rebirth Robin costume I'm building for my son. It seems that Pre-new52 Superboy was bandied about the DC offices, maybe he will make an appearance in the comics, which would be awesome btw. It looks like they pretty much took the design from the Kon-El clone from "Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes" cartoon and did really minor alterations.
rebirth_kon_el_concept_by_thearrowverse-da4seu7.png

I'm currently doing a fem blue beetle and planning an aquaman and a shazam too they'll all be customised. Think it's easier to picture what steps to take when it's your own take on things.. plus no one can then say it looks wrong.
I'm gonna go through the links on this page now so thanks for making the thread:)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back