Motor City is in just under a week so I'm trying to pull all my stuff together for my Viking Batgirl costume. I've got most of the costume itself together but don't have pictures of it yet.

I do, however, have pictures of my Viking Batgirl axe (minus the detailing work I'm doing right now) and my sister's Viking Poison Ivy spear.

axe-unfinished.jpg spear-finished.jpg

2015-05-10 10.03.54.jpg2015-05-08 08.53.24.jpg

Got started on some nightwing stuff, and doodled up a 'finished' version. Any thoughts? I'm kinda doing this one on the fly, so i'm very open to suggestions

This is my redesign of Starfire

View attachment 475498

Yeah, I know, I didn't drew a hand and the legs....weeeeeell the page was too small and I'm no good at drawing hands
sorry

Awesome design! We seem to be getting a lot of Titans on here. And no judgement on the hands, I usually don't even draw heads lol.

Motor City is in just under a week so I'm trying to pull all my stuff together for my Viking Batgirl costume. I've got most of the costume itself together but don't have pictures of it yet.

I do, however, have pictures of my Viking Batgirl axe (minus the detailing work I'm doing right now) and my sister's Viking Poison Ivy spear.

View attachment 475500 View attachment 475501

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing this. And I just realized you said Motor City Comic Con, I'm going as well but I am going as a custom Jedi as I just bought an Ultrasaber. Hope to see you there.

View attachment 475584View attachment 475585

Got started on some nightwing stuff, and doodled up a 'finished' version. Any thoughts? I'm kinda doing this one on the fly, so i'm very open to suggestions

Love the design! Nightwing is one of my favorite DC characters, and I have to say your design is really doing the character justice.

I am not going to Dragoncon(I live in Saskatchewan Canada and can't afford to travel due to my schooling at the moment) But I will be at Gencon as I will be working there, but probably no cosplay.
I will think about the quiver. Do you have any ideas what style you like?
I was Planning on making a replica of the quiver from the first Avenger's movie. I plan on using plexi-glass, a towel rod and foam to make it. I just have to find a picture that I can use to make a stencil for all the parts.

Does anyone have any suggestion for what type of fabric I should use for Booster's cowl/mask? I am originally gonna use a neoprene with a fabric cover, but I realized that is going to very warm.

5 years ago i made a concept for a Superman suit that I wanted. 'Til this day I still haven't made the costume.
But i still wanted to share the concept with all of you.
The concept is in 3 colors: Blue (normal), White and Black.

Suits.jpg

I've been brainstorming a casual/self equipped Robin, I kind of see it as if Tim Drake just decided to be Robin on his own and threw some teenager things together. Excuse my super crude mock-up, but I was just trying to get my head around the idea. I would most likely have some shin guards and a leg holster/s for 2 escrima/billy clubs that would connect together into the Bo staff Tim carries. Anyway here's the pic
TMWUxzS.png

5 years ago i made a concept for a Superman suit that I wanted. 'Til this day I still haven't made the costume.
But i still wanted to share the concept with all of you.
The concept is in 3 colors: Blue (normal), White and Black.

View attachment 476506

Great design! I especially like the one with the black.

I've been brainstorming a casual/self equipped Robin, I kind of see it as if Tim Drake just decided to be Robin on his own and threw some teenager things together. Excuse my super crude mock-up, but I was just trying to get my head around the idea. I would most likely have some shin guards and a leg holster/s for 2 escrima/billy clubs that would connect together into the Bo staff Tim carries. Anyway here's the pic
http://i.imgur.com/TMWUxzS.png

This is a really cool idea. I am a sucker for thrown together superhero outfits.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of us, but I will track some down. There were many taken by people I knew and people I didn't know, as well as some press people, so I'll find some somewhere. Until then, here's a shot a friend took of me as Viking Batgirl, my sister as Viking Poison Ivy and my friend's daughter who kept trying to steal my axe all day even though it's bigger than she is by two inches.

11068092_555254714612371_4166995306309913275_n.jpg

Here's my Mask of the Phantasm. I always loved the character and, really, the movie. I will definitely make this at some point. Maybe as a side project to my current projects?
20150525_111951.jpg And a bit more detailed helmet 20150525_110740.jpg

To everyone else on here: I love all of your redesigns!!! Keep up the fantastic work!

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of us, but I will track some down. There were many taken by people I knew and people I didn't know, as well as some press people, so I'll find some somewhere. Until then, here's a shot a friend took of me as Viking Batgirl, my sister as Viking Poison Ivy and my friend's daughter who kept trying to steal my axe all day even though it's bigger than she is by two inches.

View attachment 478674

Hey really awesome costumes! It's too bad we didn't bump into eachother at Motor City Comic Con.

Here's my Mask of the Phantasm. I always loved the character and, really, the movie. I will definitely make this at some point. Maybe as a side project to my current projects?
View attachment 481227 And a bit more detailed helmet View attachment 481228

To everyone else on here: I love all of your redesigns!!! Keep up the fantastic work!

I love the design. Mask of the Phantasm is a dear childhood memory of mine. And thanks for the complements on the designs. I am so glad to see so many people show so much love and compassion for the characters in this universe.

So I have not been getting a lot of progress done as far as customs go, but I have a cool idea for a custom Green Arrow that I will get to work on as soon as I can.

Does any know that exact or estimated amount of arrows that Hawkeye has in his quiver in the first movie?
I am trying to figure out how many rods I need to make and amount of fins I need to either make or order.
Any help would be appreciated.

Does any know that exact or estimated amount of arrows that Hawkeye has in his quiver in the first movie?
I am trying to figure out how many rods I need to make and amount of fins I need to either make or order.
Any help would be appreciated.

I did some digging and found this photo from the official definative Hawkeye Thread right on this lovely forum.
quiver3d_zps6da6378a.jpg

And here is the link to the forum as well. Hope this helped.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back