20150425_154251.jpg

I am trying to design myself a Booster Gold costume. Here is my design that I have so far. I am not sure how I will be doing the boots yet.

I am currently thinking of doing a Green Arrow with elements of Hawkeye. Such as the vest that Hawkeye wears with a hood and green coloring and the quiver with the bow. sounds stupid I know, but I need something I can wear in a parade and not burn up in. Almost died in my Red Hood costume last year in the Dragon Con parade.

Oh wow! It's cool that you did a DC thread as well, Captain Rogers! Thank you for doing so!

Great stuff everyone! Looking forward to seeing more of everyone's designs.

Here's my contribution. It was a concept for Wonder Woman that I had in my mind for a while. I've recently had some free time out of work so I went and and finished the piece.

View attachment 466768

I really love seeing layered draped clothing on Greek statues. That became my starting point in building up the concept :)

Very much inspired as well by Sideshow's most recent Wonder Woman premium format statue.

That's cool. I like the concept. Will you be sewing it up?

DSCN5913.JPG
I had an idea for a regency inspired wonder woman...as the regency fashions were inspired by the greek and roman classical fashions.

View attachment 469395

I am trying to design myself a Booster Gold costume. Here is my design that I have so far. I am not sure how I will be doing the boots yet.

Oooh, I like this design a lot. I like it when people do armor without going full Dark Knight with a piece of foam for every muscle. Also, the pouches look good. I appreciate it when people work some functionality into a costume. Pockets are nice to have.

I wish I could give some advice on the boots...but I'm usually at a loss to design any kind of shoes. I usually go to a thrift store, see what I can find, and them improvise wildly.

Oooh, I like this design a lot. I like it when people do armor without going full Dark Knight with a piece of foam for every muscle. Also, the pouches look good. I appreciate it when people work some functionality into a costume. Pockets are nice to have.

I wish I could give some advice on the boots...but I'm usually at a loss to design any kind of shoes. I usually go to a thrift store, see what I can find, and them improvise wildly.

Thanks DoU. I also don't like the armor for every single muscle either. And I definitely am a huge advocate for functionality in costumes as well. And with Booster, this allows for product endorsement items.

and with boots, i would love to get a hold of some motorcross type boots(but they are not cheap for just a costume) and recently I discovered these motorcycle boots.
https://www.gore-tex.com/product/alpinestars-gran-torino-boot/1392583552091/

I am currently thinking of doing a Green Arrow with elements of Hawkeye. Such as the vest that Hawkeye wears with a hood and green coloring and the quiver with the bow. sounds stupid I know, but I need something I can wear in a parade and not burn up in. Almost died in my Red Hood costume last year in the Dragon Con parade.

That doesn't sound stupid, that sounds awesome! I would love to see that design.

Thanks DoU. I also don't like the armor for every single muscle either. And I definitely am a huge advocate for functionality in costumes as well. And with Booster, this allows for product endorsement items.

and with boots, i would love to get a hold of some motorcross type boots(but they are not cheap for just a costume) and recently I discovered these motorcycle boots.

Ebay. I've found very similar boots for a third of that price around there, so I highly recommend a half hour or so combing their digital shelves.

Ooooooh, those look nice. And expensive, yeah. However...it might not be impossible to get a similar look with some kind of boot cover or spats. If you backed stretch vinyl with headliner foam or veltex, you could get a similar sort of texture and weight.

Ooooooh, those look nice. And expensive, yeah. However...it might not be impossible to get a similar look with some kind of boot cover or spats. If you backed stretch vinyl with headliner foam or veltex, you could get a similar sort of texture and weight.

I am not a huge fan of boot covers or spats for superhero costumes. Not that they don't look good, but i would much rather get a solid boot that I just have to change the color of.

This is a very promising concept. I wish you all the best with it.
Thanks for the support and if you have any suggestions on the quiver and bow they are always welcomed. The other thing I have to worry about is my muscle structure hopefully I can pull it off without resorting to plastic surgery :lol
Also do you go to DragonCon? If so there is a group gathering at it this year. Look into it on this site it should be under "DragonCon Meet-Up" or something of that nature. I won't have this done by then but I will be in my Red Hood costume.

I am not going to Dragoncon(I live in Saskatchewan Canada and can't afford to travel due to my schooling at the moment) But I will be at Gencon as I will be working there, but probably no cosplay.
I will think about the quiver. Do you have any ideas what style you like?

This is my redesign of Starfire

image.jpg

Yeah, I know, I didn't drew a hand and the legs....weeeeeell the page was too small and I'm no good at drawing hands
sorry

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back