NEW PICTURES The Jason's Batman "Helmet"

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been wanting to sculpt a Batman cowl forever. I was intimidated by doing a full cowl so I decided to do a "helmet" that would be worn with a cloth or leather hood. I decided not to try to duplicate any one design and just use elements I liked from all of them. I chose the mid length ears because the long ones seem impractical, but the really short ones look too much like Daredevil.

This is sculpted in oil based clay on a Styrofoam head. It is not done. I still have more smoothing to do, but I think it's a promising start. Keep in mind this is only the third life size helmet/bust I have sculpted. I plan to make a silicone mold (the silicone is on order) and a resin helmet. This will be for display only, as I didn't have a life cast of my head.

I know the symmetry is not perfect, but I'm still working on it. Take a look and let me know what you think.

101_0617.JPG 101_0618.JPG 101_0619.JPG

Last edited:
Re: The Jason's Batman "Helmet"

I finally have a finished helmet. I made the mold out of Mold Max Stroke. The casting is polyurethane resin. I painted it blue because I grew up on the Neal Adams blue and grey Batman art. Take a look and let me know what you think!!

batman helmet blue.jpg

Came out nice, dude! I definitely see multiple different Batman artists' influences there. Looking forward to seeing it on!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back