V4 1:1 Scale YODA Sculpt

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well after much consideration I decided to re-sculpt my Yoda... main reasons why was coz I wanted the most accurate representation possible to compliment or accompany my Luke Skywalker display that I've been working on and the fact that I discovered the V3 was about 25% to small having obtained measurements of a screen puppet. Finally, I'm happy enough to reveal one sneaky peak of this for you. The detailing is based on pics of a screen used foam latex skin - not a foam urethane biscuit pull.

Anyway I hope to start molding this later in the coming week - can't wait to see it finished.

DSC_0013.jpg

GREAT!!!...now I need to throw out my V3 that I still didn´t touch since I bought it from you several years ago :lol
Planning to offer a few pulls for RPF members?

Can´t wait for the new pics!

Markus

GREAT!!!...now I need to throw out my V3 that I still didn´t touch since I bought it from you several years ago :lol
Planning to offer a few pulls for RPF members?

Can´t wait for the new pics!

Markus

Might be interested in this :D

Phil, are you saying that the v3 is 25% smaller than the original ESB puppet? And does that 25% undersizing also apply to the v3 eyes, hands, feet, cane, teeth and body castings?

Well yes.... if I'm saying I've acquired measurements of an original then that's definitely the case. As for the body section I think that could be filled out a little with foam but the height must remain the same 26" The feet and the hands are fine as they were taken from accurate measurements aswell. As for the eyes I learned that they need to be a few mm larger. The teeth will be redone.

Understood. If you do eventually make castings, can you add extra rubber to the mouth area and, before the rubber cures, implant some thick aluminum armature wire pieces to the upper and lower lips so they can be posed somewhat? Those additional control/anchor points would really help those of us who are planning on a static display that is still able to be posed. Looking forward to seeing the final castings!

As always incredible work ... so this time will be the final version 4 ... count me in ... and wrap him in a screen-accurate 1:1 Emperor robe for additional protection :)

Chaim

I can't see how I can improve on this one from my own hands... Keep an eye on it progress. I've traced so newer Yoda fabric which is ultra accurate.... if you want me to wrap him in that?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but will this be intended for static display, or putting together a screen accurate puppet? If a puppet, interested I am.

Sure ... if you can supply any additional accurate parts and fabrics ... that would be fantastic ... I do have the flute waiting already ;) ... now if you'll excuse me ... with my eyes on an Emperor robe or costume from you ... and a Yoda to halt him in his evil plans ... I need to rob more than one bank ... probably the federal reserve ... :wacko

Chaim

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back