Making a Star Trek Alpha Hero Communicator

Here is a nice compare set of shots between the first hero I ever made using a john long kit and my latest scratch build. Notice the moire is blurred because I didn't use a spacer and the two elements are not close. This really illustrates the need for the spacer! It's a night and day difference.

Scratch build on the bottom.

Scratch build on the top.

That is the worst communicator replica I've ever seen. To save you from the stigma of social embarrassment, you should pack it up and send it to me. :D

Okay, seriously, that is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship that clearly out-shines any of the hero props used for the series (not that I'm telling you anything you don't already know). Now that you have a tricorder and (apparently) a number of communicators, is there a Type 2 hand phaser in your future?

LOL ...sorry ! The landing party Set has been my Holly Grail for 45 years and now I have it, I had to make them myself with help from others..

Steve

Back on topic. Here it is in a TMOST format. The 8 year old still inside me just had a Trekgasm!
i love this in black and white!!! Look at how clean the shell is...

Wow there it is! Fantastic! Perfect and pristine just as issued by starfleet. I have a question though and I'm probably going to get rocks thrown at me but>>>
You have created something so lovely as so many members have done here before. But unlike many members you have not felt the need to weather the items. I admire weathering and I totally get it but please if you make something wonderful why would you want to ding it up and detract from it? I'm just asking.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back