Glass (Unbreakable Sequel) (Post-release)

What did you think of Glass?

• It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have not seen "Split" still, so without spoiling it.... Is this MacAvoy's Split associated with Unbreakable/Glass?

Honestly I stopped watching Shayamalan movies after "The Village." Unbreakable I have always said would have only been a great movie if they made a sequel, but from what I see here I wonder if the decision to make a sequel this long after the first is really a good idea now given how much time is missing between where Willis' character was getting interesting and now appears to not be so much at the forefront as MacAvoy appears to be in the grand scheme.

I don't want to pre-judge a book by it's cover or writer, but M. Night has A LOT to make up for to get me to see another one of his films in theaters again.

I have not seen "Split" still, so without spoiling it.... Is this MacAvoy's Split associated with Unbreakable/Glass?

Honestly I stopped watching Shayamalan movies after "The Village." Unbreakable I have always said would have only been a great movie if they made a sequel, but from what I see here I wonder if the decision to make a sequel this long after the first is really a good idea now given how much time is missing between where Willis' character was getting interesting and now appears to not be so much at the forefront as MacAvoy appears to be in the grand scheme.

I don't want to pre-judge a book by it's cover or writer, but M. Night has A LOT to make up for to get me to see another one of his films in theaters again.
Watch Split.
Cant say a whole lot more about it without spoilers. But it will need to be seen before Glass in order to fully appreciate it.

I know where you're coming from in regards MNS, but split redeems him a lot and Mcavoy blows it out the park. How he wasnt up for piles of awards on the back of this.

In terms of the time delay in a sequel being made, just take it as in universe reality. In Unbreakable we learn that Mr Glass has spent his whole life looking for his opposite number. It makes sense that these kind of things dont just all happen or come to the fore at once.

Mr Glass has been locked up for 14 years though. How would he have the info to sell him out? Unless I missed it there is no connection between them in Split.

I think they may somehow be connected by the train accident Mr Glass caused. That scene where he transforms into the beast takes place at the 30th street Amtrak train station. He is also carrying flowers. Kind of like visiting someone's grave. I am guessing he lost someone close in that accident, possibly that being the catalyst for his split personalities.

He says he never met the beast, bu that he lives in a train yard. His father got on a train and never came home, leading to him being left alone with his abusive mother. That train of course being the same one from Unbreakable. So Mr Glass has created both a superhero and super villain

I am guessing Mr Glass is the key to unlocking both characters

Split has quite a few undeniable direct links to events in Unbreakable.

Last edited:
I think they may somehow be connected by the train accident Mr Glass caused. That scene where he transforms into the beast takes place at the 30th street Amtrak train station. He is also carrying flowers. Kind of like visiting someone's grave. I am guessing he lost someone close in that accident, possibly that being the catalyst for his split personalities.

He says he never met the beast, bu that he lives in a train yard. His father got on a train and never came home, leading to him being left alone with his abusive mother. That train of course being the same one from Unbreakable. So Mr Glass has created both a superhero and super villain

I am guessing Mr Glass is the key to unlocking both characters

Actually, that makes perfect sense. I remember Mr Glass saying he always scoured the news reports after disasters looking for the words "miraculously unharmed" or similar.
I suppose in the media scramble after the Horde, a lot of Kevin Crumb's personal details (as you describe) are likely to be reported. I dare say Glass is still scouring media looking for other hero/villain types.

Looks like M. Night is following through with his original idea he came up with for Unbreakable (on the two-disc DVD, he explained his original idea would have had the origin of a superhero, the introduction of a villain and then the showdown between them. However, at the time he came up with it, he was more interested with the origin story that lead to what we know as Unbreakable). So, we have Unbreakable introducing a superhero (David), Split introducing a villain (The Horde). So, Glass may be the conclusion of a trilogy with the showdown (and what we see in the trailer, we will be getting some fight between David and The Horde).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Glass Comic Con Poster by Alex Ross.

https://www.alexrossart.com/San-Diego-Comic-Con-2018-Booth-2415_c_51.html
This was sold at his booth at SDCC. But it isn't listed on his website yet.

Dilh6sRVQAAcjHk.jpg

I really enjoyed Unbreakable. When I saw the trailer for Split I thought it looked cheesy but I heard so much good about it that I watched a few scenes and was very impressed by James MacVoy's performance. Not that he was a surprise because I've been a fan of his for a long time. After seeing the trailer for Glass though I think I'll have to watch Split and I really want to see Glass. I think this movie may bring M. Night back into the forefront the way Sixth Sense did. It'd be nice to see some more original content back in theaters from directors who have their own vision for a film rather than tell someone else's story.

I'm looking forward to this one.

Be the first American audience to see M. Night Shyamalan’s GLASS at The M. Night Shyamalanathon | Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Alamo Drafthouse Screening 'SHYAMALANATHON' for GLASS

" Alamo Drafthouse and Universal Pictures announced The M. Night Shyamalanathon, the first-ever marathon screening of all three films in the filmmaker’s trilogy: 2000’s Unbreakable, 2016’s Split, and the first American public screening of the third chapter, the explosive comic-book thriller, Glass.

The back-to-back-to-back screenings, available at Alamo Drafthouse cinemas in 25 theaters across the country on Saturday, January 12, 2019, will include an exclusive conversation with M. Night Shyamalan, broadcast live from Alamo Drafthouse Brooklyn into all participating Alamo Drafthouse theaters.

Tickets are free, and seats can be reserved with the purchase of a $10 food and beverage voucher that can be redeemed at the show. Tickets may be reserved at:

For Brooklyn, New York, Live Event: The M. Night Shyamalanathon | Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

For all other Drafthouse locations: The M. Night Shyamalanathon with Live Stream Q&A | Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Participating Alamo Drafthouse cinemas are: Alamo Drafthouse Brooklyn (Brooklyn, NY), Alamo Drafthouse New Mission (San Francisco, CA), Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar (Austin, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Ritz (Austin, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline (Austin, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Park North (San Antonio, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Stone Oak (San Antonio, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Yonkers (Yonkers, NY), Alamo Drafthouse Raleigh (Raleigh, NC), Alamo Drafthouse Mainstreet (Kansas City, MO), Alamo Drafthouse Littleton (Littleton, CO), Alamo Drafthouse Sloans Lake (Denver, CO), Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra (Katy, TX), and Alamo Drafthouse Lubbock (Lubbock, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Montecillo (El Paso, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Cedars (Dallas, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Lake Highlands (Dallas, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Richardson (Richardson, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Las Colinas (Irving, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Denton (Denton, TX), Alamo Drafthouse Woodbury (Woodbury, MN), Alamo Drafthouse One Loudoun (Ashburn, VA), Alamo Drafthouse La Vista (La Vista, NE), Alamo Drafthouse Chandler (Chandler, AZ) and Alamo Drafthouse Tempe (Tempe, AZ).

In addition, Universal Pictures has partnered with Beyond Fest and American Cinematheque to screen all three films, back-to-back-to-back, at the Egyptian Theatre on Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles beginning at 4 p.m. on the same day, January 12, 2019. Tickets may be reserved at: THE SHYAMALAN-A-THON "

"Over 20 years in the making, the conclusion of M. Night Shyamalan's Eastrail 177 trilogy is finally upon us. To celebrate cinema's most genre-bending super(anti)hero trio, we're screening all three of Night's brilliantly realized films for the first time together - with GLASS being an advance sneak peek. David Dunn, Elijah Price, Kevin Wendell Crumb, let's finish what you started...

Courtesy of Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions, this triple feature is completely free with only an RSVP required to be entered for tickets. Attendance is required for all three films. Standby lines will be pulled at the opening of UNBREAKABLE and GLASS."

Glass opens in theaters in North America on January 18, 2019.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back