My Luke ESB lightsaber

Cadger

I just wanted to show you my Luke lightsaber ESB version. It's made from a graflex, both buttons are real, connector strip, kobold clip and T-tracks are Roy's.

DSC_0258.JPGDSC_0259.JPG

hey looks real good! that graflex is in perfect shape! i have said it before, thank god for roy and his ESB parts!! your saber came out great!

Oh man, that really looks awesome! I've got some parts from Roy coming too. I hope I am able to put it together as cleanly as you have. Yours looks amazing!

:eek Nice...

Thanks to you...Now I want to get started on my ESB, too :wacko

Looks very good. Job well done.
Do you have some advice on drilling the holes for the T-track screws into the Graflex? Did you use a drill press or have you done it "free hand"?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your kind words!

I also have an ANH version which I did many years ago. The ANH version has a more old school feel which I like, but the ESB has a little more edge, if you know what I mean. I really like them both but ESB is a slight favourite.

:eek Nice...

Thanks to you...Now I want to get started on my ESB, too :wacko

Looks very good. Job well done.
Do you have some advice on drilling the holes for the T-track screws into the Graflex? Did you use a drill press or have you done it "free hand"?

It was done free hand with my DeWalt, using the freezer as a workbench. :)

I drilled after the T-tracks was glued in place, which will keep the drill bit from sliding. I drilled twice. First with a smaller drill bit. It was really no problem at all. Just take your time to make sure you are drilling straight. You will be fine. :)

But what I do think many make a big fuss about is removing the beer tab. I did not use a dremel as many do (and risk scratching the flash). I simply used a pair of cutting pliers and it popped right of. Took me two seconds. I have only tried this once so I cannot guarantee that it will work every time, but I think it should.

I did the drilling by hand after gluing without any problem. I describe it in my tutorial here:

http://wannawanga.com/tutorials/luke-esb-tutorial/

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

It was done free hand with my DeWalt, using the freezer as a workbench. :)

I drilled after the T-tracks was glued in place, which will keep the drill bit from sliding. I drilled twice. First with a smaller drill bit. It was really no problem at all. Just take your time to make sure you are drilling straight. You will be fine. :)

But what I do think many make a big fuss about is removing the beer tab. I did not use a dremel as many do (and risk scratching the flash). I simply used a pair of cutting pliers and it popped right of. Took me two seconds. I have only tried this once so I cannot guarantee that it will work every time, but I think it should.

Great...then it will be free hand after gluing
Thank you both :D

Is there any specific place to position the T-tracks (I mean more accurate)? Like should one be lined up with the clamp or anything, or is it pretty much wherever?
I plan to do the wampa cave ESB, if that makes a difference.

Is there any specific place to position the T-tracks (I mean more accurate)? Like should one be lined up with the clamp or anything, or is it pretty much wherever?
I plan to do the wampa cave ESB, if that makes a difference.

In my tutorial I explain how I did it.
And here's the cave ESB, where you can see how it aligns with the Kobold clip and the Graflex clamp.

Wampa_cave_2.jpg

Do the 4 o'clock and 9 o'clock t tracks seem a bit nubby? I mean severely cut down?

Yep, they're deformed and squashed, like they were melted or something. I've brought this up a few times and no one seems to have an answer. It's not a trick of the camera, as the other track are spot on...and this was a pretty clear direct shot with the camera.

My theory - since they're skinnier and have rounded edges - is that they did resin pulls of the track so they could have an endless supply and these were just rushed bad casts.

- - - Updated - - -

and, yes, as long as you're drilling straight, you're golden. Don't pay attention to my thread, a drill press only helps if everything's lined up lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back