The CW Legends of Tomorrow

I like the show. But it was always too ambitious for it's budget. Firestorm and the ATOM suit rarely get brought out. They always have some excuse. Jax always has to fix the ship, etc.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if some guy up top said "That Harrison Wells is a different guy each season and people like that show. Let's make Rip a different guy each season."

I'll keep watching it. But my expectations are tempered unless they do an event.

Let's be honest, all of the DC shows have fallen apart. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends are all... well, crap anymore. They all started strong, but since they had no clue what they would do in the long term, they just get worse and worse and worse every season because they have no idea where they're heading.

This is a major problem with most TV shows that have no overall plan. They blow their wad in the first season and fall apart thereafter.

Let's be honest, all of the DC shows have fallen apart. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends are all... well, crap anymore. They all started strong, but since they had no clue what they would do in the long term, they just get worse and worse and worse every season because they have no idea where they're heading.

This is a major problem with most TV shows that have no overall plan. They blow their wad in the first season and fall apart thereafter.

I think Supergirl is going the right direction. They started off with that weird "Kryptonians on Earth" thing, but dumped that pretty fast. They've also phased out the vast majority of self-assurance "I don't need Superman" talk she had going on. I would say some strong villains and a few very dark episodes a season would do just fine for me.

I don't watch Arrow, can't really comment on it.

Flash is still my favorite. Since the villain is not a speedster this time I'm hoping to see something new.

I think Supergirl is going the right direction. They started off with that weird "Kryptonians on Earth" thing, but dumped that pretty fast. They've also phased out the vast majority of self-assurance "I don't need Superman" talk she had going on. I would say some strong villains and a few very dark episodes a season would do just fine for me.

I think it's awful, but then again, it's on WB so... yeah, everything they do is awful. The whole Alex and her girlfriend storyline is terrible. I know the actress had another job and had to leave the show, but it was so absurdly childish and shallow. But then again... WB. Their audience is childish and shallow.

I don't watch Arrow, can't really comment on it.

I keep telling myself it has to get better after last year. So far, not seeing it.

Flash is still my favorite. Since the villain is not a speedster this time I'm hoping to see something new.

I'm glad they've started dumping some of the extraneous characters because like Arrow, the team was way too big. But like all of them, it's just childish melodrama, with "who is going to sleep with who" taking up most of the time and actual story... not so much.

I don't think they EVER talk about people sleeping together in Flash, do they? There's some relationship stuff, but it's almost too PG. Last season got too dark, kind of lost what made the show good. I think they're improving on that this season, and as much as I like Wally I do think we needed a break from him, he wasn't really going anywhere. I kind of wish they had kept Draco around for another season, but Dibney is actually surprisingly entertaining for how stereotypical a character he is. I don't know if the villain this season is really working for me, though. Usually the big villains are fairly menacing, and this guy just looks silly. Got a weird monkey in a wheel chair look about him.

I haven't watched Arrow since I think season 3, and I tried out about 4 episodes of Supergirl and each one was harder to sit through than the last. Legends has been my favorite since it started, but the last year has been like watching it die of cancer. I like most of the characters, Jefferson and Stein are great, I really like Ray, and Sara is a much better character now than she ever was in Arrow. I've heard a lot of people don't like Nate, but he's one of my favorite characters, when he's not all emo about Amaya. But hands down, my favorite character is Mick. He's basically Jayne from Firefly, but played as an actual comic book character. He's never not entertaining.

It looks like Rip won't be back now until the season finale. Not sure if that means they'll try to fit him back into the show next season or if they're just going to let us see him get killed or something. Very disappointing, but I guess we'll see what they decide to do with it. Not hoping for much at this point.

I think it's awful, but then again, it's on WB so... yeah, everything they do is awful. The whole Alex and her girlfriend storyline is terrible. I know the actress had another job and had to leave the show, but it was so absurdly childish and shallow. But then again... WB. Their audience is childish and shallow.
Actually, Supergirl moved to the CW as of season 2. But I agree, breaking up Sanvers is horrible. I also couldn't stand Mon-El, he was an entitled, frat-boy ******, from a race of slave-owners who kept their population docile with party drugs. The only character I really still like is Lena, but I think that has more to do with Katie McGrath than the writers.

I've heard Stein is leaving, too, explaining the split up firestorm storyline.

I was sick to death of Damien after his year on Arrow - annoyed they brought him back for Legends last year, and he comes back to life AGAIN this year....And now apparently a ton more powerful than ever - without his relic/totem/whatever it was.

Actually, Supergirl moved to the CW as of season 2. But I agree, breaking up Sanvers is horrible. I also couldn't stand Mon-El, he was an entitled, frat-boy ******, from a race of slave-owners who kept their population docile with party drugs. The only character I really still like is Lena, but I think that has more to do with Katie McGrath than the writers.

I don't care that they broke up, I care how they did it, in the most whiny, emo, stupid way possible, but that's the audience they're going for and I'm absolutely not part of that demographic. They take these shows that have such potential and drive them straight into the ground.

Anyone else still watching this?

Just to reiterate how awesome a dad Damien Dahrk is...

Q4dE9oG.gif

Sad they cannot use an interesting new never used villain. Instead they keep resurrecting villains. This show has gone down hill fast. Heroes are ok they just need interesting stories for them. Oh well.....who cares.

All of Greg Berlanti's shows suck now. I have no idea how they could all go so wrong all at the same time but I'm about to drop every single one of them.

Cannot stand Damien Dark.

He's now pretty much invincible to go with annoying and obnoxious and being a massive downer for the show.

He's now pretty much invincible to go with annoying and obnoxious and being a massive downer for the show.

I honestly think that he is a highlight of the show. It's refreshing to see a villain that isn't Grimdark Evil. Neal McDonough is having an absolute blast playing him, and it shows. What makes him so great is that yes, he's evil, but he's FUN evil. It even translates over quite well into the serious moments with him. When Dahrk gets mad and loses the humor, he's absolutely terrifying. Why? Because he's not that way all the time. Yes, he's pretty maniacal and gleefully evil pretty much all the time, but when SGR, you KNOW that whoever is the focus of his attention is in for a world of hurt.

Seems like DD is starting to hate having his daughter possessed. I think he'll team up with the Legends sooner or later to solve that issue.

Also, on the production side it was a really smart move to trade Firestorm for Kid Flash. The special effects for him are going to be less expensive. Which should lead to seeing more powers get used.

Same here. I didn't like the character on Arrow and now, I hate him. I wish they'd stop bringing back all of the old villains and come up with something new.

HAHAHAHAHA you hate a villain for being a villain. Brilliant. I figure he'll turn on Mallus when he finally realizes that when Mallus takes over there will be nothing of his daughter left. They are having fun with this show, all of you stick up the butts...Why so Serious?

I like ND in role...I do not like the character. Way too over powered. He's more powerful this year than the last 2. It's one thing to be better - it's another to have absolutely no weakness. Walk in a room and just freeze everyone every damn time. In Arrow he was required to be near and possess the idol, last year it wasn't needed, but he was still fightable, and now he's all-powerful and no one can do @#$% to him.

I like ND in role...I do not like the character. Way too over powered. He's more powerful this year than the last 2. It's one thing to be better - it's another to have absolutely no weakness. Walk in a room and just freeze everyone every damn time. In Arrow he was required to be near and possess the idol, last year it wasn't needed, but he was still fightable, and now he's all-powerful and no one can do @#$% to him.

Let's be fair here... On Arrow he went up against Ollie and Co., who, despite how good they were, were only human. To them he was a serious threat.

If you took that Dahrk and put him up against the Legends, they'd have trounced him in no time. Ray could shrink the totem, Firestorm could transmute it into a dandelion. Wally could grab it, run off, and drop it into the Marianas Trench. Boom. Dahrk is done. This is why they amped him up.

The point is, Ollie could go toe to toe with him - even if he didn't win til the end. It wasn't remotely - Dark walks in the room, fight over. EVERY TIME. That's what it is on Legends. Nothing wrong with making him powerful enough to offset the other side, but, the other side has to metaphorically land a punch from time to time. They haven't this year. It's been Dark walks in the room and game over.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back