The CW Legends of Tomorrow

My wife and I both enjoyed it. It's a set-up episode. Shows some action, shows some fun, gives you a rough sense for where they could go.

Pretty much all of the Berlantiverse shows have had somewhat shaky starts, but later turned into really good shows. I thought the Supergirl pilot episode was kinda weak, too, but now that we're some 7-8 episodes in, I really enjoy it. I expect the same will happen here, although I can't help but question just where they'll take some of the characters (especially Heat Wave). Dom Purcell has only done a few of these episodes, and while he's fun to watch, his character gets kinda dull after a while. But then, because they haven't given him much of a chance to develop, I think that's understandable. Anyway, I guess we'll see, but on the whole, I'm pretty optimistic.

And I dig Rip Hunter as being a cross between Malcom Reynolds and a Time Lord, and the ship being half TARDIS, half SSV Normandy.

Rip Hunter reminds me of Captain Jack Harkness. Maybe its the whole time traveling captain with a trench coat and webley type gun

I caught it last night and I enjoyed but not quite wowed either. I liked it enough that I'm willing to give it a shot to see if it grows on my any after a few more episodes or so.

So far, the only thing I really don't like is the White Canary's costume, for some reason, every time I see her I can't but help to think of Sharon Stone in Fatal Attraction. I'm sure that WC's outfit is nothing like what Sharon Stone wore in FA but I just guess it's the fact that WC is blonde and sort of reminds me of a young Sharon Stone and that's what's making me think of her whenever WC is on screen.

I caught it last night and I enjoyed but not quite wowed either. I liked it enough that I'm willing to give it a shot to see if it grows on my any after a few more episodes or so.

So far, the only thing I really don't like is the White Canary's costume, for some reason, every time I see her I can't but help to think of Sharon Stone in Fatal Attraction. I'm sure that WC's outfit is nothing like what Sharon Stone wore in FA but I just guess it's the fact that WC is blonde and sort of reminds me of a young Sharon Stone and that's what's making me think of her whenever WC is on screen.

I believe you mean Basic Instinct? Glenn Close is the one in Fatal Attraction ("I'm not going to be ignored, Dan...").

Anyone else wonder how 2 people who have the ability to be reincarnated over and over again, would have no impact on the future timeline? :lol

I really liked the first episode, although at this point I am really not sure why. All of these seem to be throw away characters, but since he said they had no real affect on the timeline, I guess that was the point.

Seems to be basically Dr. Who meets DC.

I really liked the first episode, although at this point I am really not sure why. All of these seem to be throw away characters, but since he said they had no real affect on the timeline, I guess that was the point.

Seems to be basically Dr. Who meets DC.

Well, it can't be any worse than Moffat's stuff. ;)

Well, didn't hate it I guess, but I'm not hooked. I'll give it a few more weeks. I'm just not terribly fond of any of the characters. Especially Hunt. Hawkgirl's hot though.

Sara's usually quite fetching, what the hell was the makeup department doing to her this time? She didn't look her best. And that costume is hardly "white" Canary....more like dingy gray Canary.

It's borderline actionable, the Doctor Who lifting.

The Hawks didn't seem terribly upset at the death of their past son. "Oops, our bad."

There's such an embarrassment of riches when it comes to geek TV nowadays, that I almost want to dislike some of them so that I don't "have" to watch so many shows. Hard to keep up as it is. So it's no heartbreak when one doesn't thrill me, and I can afford to be picky. :)

Did anyone happen to catch that the ship's AI computer was named Gideon? This is the same name and also looks just like The Reverse Flash's AI on The Flash. Looked the same as well.

Yeah, but his thing is that every time he dies, he gets reincarnated, so it's not like we're not gonna see him again.

yeah, well, he's gotta be born and raised again, right? then again, they are time traveling and he technically dies in '75....

Honestly, I don't know anyone who actually liked him anyhow and he was redundant. While he will probably be back, I hope they give Hawkgirl some time to grow on her own without being overshadowed by Carter.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back