Custom Green Lantern Corps

Graevn

This year for my local big con, my girl and I decided on Green Lantern Corps.
We're essentially just making up our own though, because...well thats more fun.

(last year we did Joker and Harley - our spin - if you're interested http://imgur.com/a/gxVEv#5 )

So i purchased the muscle bases from Sonjou and got to work painting.
I've completed mine (I think. Im not sold on the suit texture) and did a 30 second scribble of how my head will look.

ioHoAzE.jpg

eDP7iXc.jpg

KVxNH05.jpg

And the girls;

She will be light green skinned with dark purple hair iirc.

RoprgIz.jpg

There will be some additional pieces over the suits. Some armor type plates for me, and a shall type thing for hers.
Also, the plan is to have both with the chest emblem under lit through the fabric by LED.
Thats "the plan".... :/

I've a couple questions though if you'll indulge me;

- I've never worked with Dye Subs before...do they come out true and saturated? are the blacks...black? etc
- It's designed it to have a giant lantern emblem on the back, but I'm not sure how best to line it up so that once sewn, it indeed makes a good circle and not an oval. thoughts?

Cheers

Last edited:
Fabric on demand colors are pretty true. They fade once stretched. I like the pattern and especially like where the face is going.

Iggy. ty

Being that this is my first foray into dye subs, Am I off in my pricing thoughts?
Fabric on demand states $150 to print per... then, I'm assuming at least that to sew it by any seamstress worth the time...$300 per suit? really?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Iggy. ty

Being that this is my first foray into dye subs, Am I off in my pricing thoughts?
Fabric on demand states $150 to print per... then, I'm assuming at least that to sew it by any seamstress worth the time...$300 per suit? really?

~$150-200 depending on if you have a mask, etc. You don't so it should be closer to the 150. I think I paid close to $160 with an extra mask for a spider-man suit.
If you are sewing, then it is your time. If you are having someone else sew it is 250-350 depending on the zipper options and the seamstress.

OR

You could use a company like The RPC Studios or cha0tic's services.
The RPC Studio charges around $450 for theirs printed and fully sewn with kung fu shoes sewn in shipping included. cha0tic shows 400 (not sure about shipping).

You could also use TheRPC Studio to print the file for you for around $250, and sew it yourself.

Both of these mentioned have threads in the Project Run section. Search "Spiderman" and you will find their threads.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back