New McFly jean jacket replica!

Wow, I didn't see their Facebook page...That sucks it looked pretty good for the money.

Yeah I've learned to do a google search whenever I'm thinking about buying something from a company or prop maker I've never done business with before. And it's always good to run a search here or ask about them in a post, like you did. I've saved myself from a few bad apples.

Yeah I've learned to do a google search whenever I'm thinking about buying something from a company or prop maker I've never done business with before. And it's always good to run a search here or ask about them in a post, like you did. I've saved myself from a few bad apples.
Good Idea, I'll do that from now on for all props from new makers.

My MaxCady jacket. Not pictured, my Bruins (didn't want to get them dirty).

22815327_10155938960154783_3623167346003174485_n.jpg

Hey all,
Very new here! I bought a pair of Magnoli's AMAZING Marty Glasses, and that fueled my fire to up the anty on my Marty cosplay. I know he makes a fantastic jacket, and now Max Cady is in the mix with a good one, too, but I was wondering if there were any updates at all on other replicas being developed? I'm actually a huge fan of the way Head Goonie used heavy, vintage style denim and a prominent stone wash, but I know those jackets are discontinued now. I was hoping to find another jacket in that heavy denim and wash style to compare with the Magnoli and the Cady jacket.

If there aren't any leads, then I guess my other question would be how many of you have seen vintage guess pieces jackets or vests with the correct pocket shape pop up online? Because I also wouldn't be opposed to modifying an existing one. It's easy to add the top part of the two toned denim, but the elastic and the damn pockets are a very difficult addition, it seems.

Okay, story time. I'm mini-raging here over the BIGGEST bait and switch I've seen on an auction site ever...so THIS recent image pops up in my google feed:

il_340x270.1419463278_750v.jpg

So I'm freaking out and click on it faster than anything. But when I get to the listing...
It takes me to some seller's page with a normal looking denim jacket and the scourge of the McFly jacket fandom:
il_340x270.1326576966_soq0.jpg
...the infamous "so close but not close enough and impossible to manipulate because of the damn pockets shape" Marciano pattern vest that came out post 1985...AAAAGH lol. I'm guessing it's not the seller's fault, but a real bad case of ETSY coding issues ft. outdated pictures. But it arises a good query: has anyone actually been able to rework one of these 1986-onward designed jackets into McFly replicas with the proper 1984 pockets?

Ah man I feel for ya. I actually noticed the other day that some links I clicked on in a google image search were similarly misleading. Some google coder must be trying to keep all the grails for themself!

That accurate vest you saw was on etsy. I would have bought it but it was way too small so I let a friend buy it for her collection.

Oh cool! ETSY must have needed to remove the image. Back to scouring lol. I'm considering just having a local clothes maker (who's specialty is denim apparel) custom make me one. I'm pretty picky when it comes to relic'ing and color matching, and because the real pieces are getting harder and harder to come by (especially in small/med), I think from scratch might be my best option since my budget is below $400. I'm currently in the process of altering the liner color of this great Trailwise burnt orange vest that has an outer color and shape that's 98% accurate (like even the pocket shape and vest panel amount are bang on. I'm suprised they were never sued by class 5), so I definitely have the bug for creating it from the ground up, but I wouldn't trust myself with cutting denim, so away to someone else that task will go! Just so I am clear, HG no longer makes the McFly jacket, so the only 2 replicators are Magnoli and Cady?

Last edited:
So great news. HeadGoonie is officially making an updated 1985 denim jacket. It is on the news portion of the website and I confirmed it with Miki Ooyagi. The final prototype will be shown at the end of the month and the official release will be some time in October of this year.
IMG_2863.jpg

DXn74FFUMAAjzgG-768x768.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back