New McFly jean jacket replica!

That's what I thought it was. It's a damn good paisley! Second only to my own. :lol

So how's the fit of the jacket? Gonna bless us with any shots of it being worn?

-Nick

Maybe that will be the next thing I bring to the tailor lol. It fits great. The arms are the perfect length when you roll them, but the main body is a bit long when you first get it. I got a size medium. It got a little better when I removed one of the elastic sections though. And I'll take a picture of me wearing my whole costume tomorrow including my Indy Magnoli aviator replicas.

Maybe that will be the next thing I bring to the tailor lol. It fits great. The arms are the perfect length when you roll them, but the main body is a bit long when you first get it. I got a size medium. It got a little better when I removed one of the elastic sections though. And I'll take a picture of me wearing my whole costume tomorrow including my Indy Magnoli aviator replicas.

Your aviators came in already?! Holy crap! That's fast.

I can't wait to see the whole shebang.

-Nick

Your aviators came in already?! Holy crap! That's fast.

I can't wait to see the whole shebang.

-Nick

I've had them for a few weeks now. I got the first final prototype before main production began. I have a review thread of them. Besides the pants I'll be wearing, it will probably be the most accurate 1985 costume that anyone knows about. For all we know someone might have the screen used jacket and vest though. That is the biggest mystery for me. Where the jacket and vest went after filming. If I ever met Bob Gale in person that is the question I would ask him.

The buttons are the original ones just laid down for reference.
13938185_10207319088803525_1662968675564414199_o.jpg

And wow I can't believe I haven't noticed this until now, but the collar's colors are reversed. The blue is on the outside instead of the inside like the movie. I also forgot to get the blue changed to the accurate fabric, so that will be another trip to the tailor.
claudia-wells-jennifer-parker-and-michael.jpg

Last edited:
anybody have the newer incarnation of the Max Cady denim jacket (with the stars liner)? I'd love to see a photo. how's the sizing on those?

So I haven't touched the jacket project since I got it back from the tailor, but I am looking to finish it very soon. It still needs snap buttons on the pocket flaps and main portion, but I have decided to take it in a more screen accurate direction than I previously wanted to do it. So there are two kinds of snaps. Pictures below. The screen used jacket and other Guess jackets have a different style than the HG jacket came with, so I will remove the rest of the buttons from the jacket and replace them with more screen accurate ones. Also I realized a while ago that the HG jacket collar came inverted than what it should be and I also ran out of denim fabric to replace the dark blue with the correct blue. I ordered another jacket to use for scraps, so when I have the time I will take it to the tailor I used previously.

This is the kind of snap that the HG jacket comes with. They look a little different, but it's the same concept.
s-l1600.jpg

This is what the jacket should have. Only the main button is brass, the rest of the pieces are silver, so I also purchased a set of silver snaps. They are 17mm.
s-l1600.jpg

I really suggest others with the jacket to do these modifications. It really makes the jacket so much better. Make sure you have a good tailor though. One with experience with most fabrics preferably.

I'm really wanting to modify my jacket now but not sure how to go about it. The pictures of your jacket mod aren't showing up either for me now for some reason, any chance you can post them again for reference? I remember seeing it before and it looked amazingly good. Have you done anything else to it?

I really suggest others with the jacket to do these modifications. It really makes the jacket so much better. Make sure you have a good tailor though. One with experience with most fabrics preferably.

Shame that some of the pictures from this thread have disappeared?:( It's nice to look back over the thread and also for people that haven't seen it before. Did we ever see your complete costume? Any changes made lately?
I've emailed the tailor a couple times but he hasnt replied. I have the accurate buttons to go on the jacket since the stock headgoonie ones are the wrong kind of snap. I have a snap press at work I can use once I drill the old ones out.

I've emailed the tailor a couple times but he hasnt replied. I have the accurate buttons to go on the jacket since the stock headgoonie ones are the wrong kind of snap. I have a snap press at work I can use once I drill the old ones out.

Great stuff. Keep us updated on how you get on with it. How come all the photos on RPF are disappearing? Is it the same for you? Or is it just me.

Great stuff. Keep us updated on how you get on with it. How come all the photos on RPF are disappearing? Is it the same for you? Or is it just me.
Yeah same for me. Not sure why. I uploaded them to Facebook and copied the URLs here.

Yeah same for me. Not sure why. I uploaded them to Facebook and copied the URLs here.

I see. Weird. Hopefully it sorts out, all the photos from the Marty skateboard thread were interesting for everyone to look back over. Haven't looked on the Nike Mags V2 & V3 thread yet, hope all those photos are on there.

Great Scott, Marty!! Someone's trying to copy your exact style in the year 2017! We gotta hop in the car and change it and also prevent various disasters and so fourth.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back