New McFly jean jacket replica!

image.jpg It was Ingrid Bergman that did Casablanca , Lauren Bacall was Humprey Bogart wife in real life .

Bacall wasn't in Casablanca...

Besides, Bogie and Bacall fit better with James Dean in the style of the lining than Judy Garland and Robert Walker?! I'd be surprised if Monroe isn't on there somewhere too...

View attachment 464287 It was Ingrid Bergman that did Casablanca , Lauren Bacall was Humprey Bogart wife in real life .

Hence Indy's comment that Bacall wasn't in Casablanca. So If the woman in the lining IS Bacall, then it can't be from Casablanca. :)

Check out Dark Passage , I'm all ears to everyone . And we all have our opinion .

Have you seen anymore references or details of other movie/music stars that were on the inside of the rest of the jacket yet? Wondering who else is on there! or do you think the design may have been repeated in sections?

View attachment 469818View attachment 469819When I get the ok from wardrobe dep to put up a photo I will , I'm getting as much info as I can in my weekly visits . Will keep everyone posted .

I've been holding back on saying this for a while, but I'm calling BS on everything you've said. You claimed to have access to an original that was "found at a garage sale" but was really on eBay. You make bold claims about the actors on the lining with no backing facts. And now you post pictures from your "weekly visits" where at least the first picture is a screenshot from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULkD7TAWvyU

...and I'm sure with about 30 more seconds I could find the video you took the second picture from too.

So I think it's time to put up or shut up, because nothing you've said makes any sense.

-Nick

PS: Hey look, everyone, I was in the Wardrobe department too! Just ignore the HSN logo in the corner. I totally added that myself!

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 8.33.31 PM.png

EDIT: Found it! Picture 2 is from about 1:12 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY2pQ7Mig18

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 8.37.03 PM.png

Last edited:
The Nikfox , don't be angry , I don't know what you want this things take time , take it easy '
Let's pretend that posting those pictures for "reference" makes any sense. (It doesn't, by the way)

Fine, how about the fact that you claim to have access to an original jacket, including the original lining, yet needed to buy a jacket on eBay for reference.

...and THEN proceeded to make up some story about finding it at a yard sale after you put a bounty on it. If you had access to the costume shop, you could just take measurements off the original, surely?

I don't care if it's pictures of denim swatches or what, but you have the burden of proof on you to prove you have made anything or have access to anything. The ball's in your court, buddy.

Until then, I'm going to join Magnoli in having some delicious popcorn. :popcorn

-Nick

PS: I would put money on the fact that your IP address doesn't originate from anywhere near Hollywood, and even have a guess for what your real name is...but I'll give you a chance to prove yourself.

I just want to ask: does anyone actually know where the original jacket ended up after that giveaway in the 80s? This question pops in my head from the thread in the Production Made Props and Costumes section. A piece of film history like that would have at least one blogger posting pics and being reshared throughout the web, which has yet to happen 30 years later. Well, i guess we can all wait a lil longer to see what happens, its already been this long right? :lol

I forgot the details, but didn't the follow up issue announce the name of the winner? Unless they sent the jacket to the winner, but didn't actually mention their name in the magazine.

Nick, as someone mentioned in your Reddit thread, issue from Feb 1986 might be the way to go. Though I know some BTTF fans in the past were looking for Dec 85 and Jan 86 issues for the possible name as well.

I'm sorry my way of doing things upset you TheNickFox , I'm going to explain it very simple , I respect the the people that help me in this project and if they ask me not to put up any photos for now I don't, they can lose their job , it's called the power of secret , when you work in movie production industry you keep a tight lip .
Thats why I'm putting existing images . Be professional don't insult me , I haven't done anything to you , all of us that work behind the camera in different jobs are a tight group of people we all know each other for years working in all kinds of films , we have respect for each other . I'm glad your thinking the way you do right now , It means I'm doing my job Properly .
Kindest Regards .

I'm sorry my way of doing things upset you TheNickFox , I'm going to explain it very simple , I respect the the people that help me in this project and if they ask me not to put up any photos for now I don't, they can lose their job , it's called the power of secret , when you work in movie production industry you keep a tight lip .
Thats why I'm putting existing images . Be professional don't insult me , I haven't done anything to you , all of us that work behind the camera in different jobs are a tight group of people we all know each other for years working in all kinds of films , we have respect for each other . I'm glad your thinking the way you do right now , It means I'm doing my job Properly .
Kindest Regards .

So you have seen the original jacket then? And visited the storage where it's held?

So you have seen the original jacket then? And visited the storage where it's held?

If he has then that would solve the mystery of where the jacket went has been for the past 30 years. We will know if he is the real deal once he has a made jacket he can show us. He might not give up his source or where exactly it is because the jacket was supposed to have been given away in a contest in the 80s. And if it's in a costume warehouse somewhere or in some big wig's personal collection then it would reveal that it was kept and the contest was not honnored.

Last edited:

Are you allowed to update on what's happening. Not pictures. Just what's roughly happening each week? eg this week we are researching the fabric or this week we have found more details on the lining. It will be nice to see a diary of the progress throughout the research, rather than just seeing a finished jacket at the end and saying this is what it looked like guys. If you know what I mean. Just nice to see the research side, that's half the fun! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back