New McFly jean jacket replica!

I'm really surprised that Guess or even Universal never cashed in on the jacket and made thier own replicas. It's really perplexing. Same thing for the Class-5 vest, Shah Safari shirt, and Nike Bruins.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to seeing how this goes. I'm a huge BTTF fan ,like many of us on here! This is great news. I'm also looking forward to seeing the inside lining!

The Vest the shirt Nike Bruins and the Guess Jacket were items you could buy anywhere in 1985 it was the fashion at the time , the company that made the Vest went our of business in 1986. Based out of California , you could find those vest in sporting good places like Big 5 . The vest we will save that for last ...

Found at a garage sale, or last weeks ebay auction?

I wish I had known about the $600 reward. I've had two of that jacket for years now and even a vest version of the movie jacket.
image.jpg

The two jackets match the movie pattern and are identical in construction with the exception of the gathered area hiding the elastic. The one on the left is longer and has one more row of stitching.

Looking forward to more news on the lining!

Last edited:
Heh I was wondering that too, that was MY auction the photo is from. That jacket was too small for me to do anything with, decided to sell, hopefully the buyer will get some good use out of it.

I'm suprised you didn't get more for it, although I paid just a few dollars more than that for each mine.

Regardless we are all excited for any new replica that really gets it. Personally I always thought the lining looked more like Jimmy Stewart or perhaps Cagney. Any access to production materials will be a giant leap forward on what has become one of the strangest pieces of clothing ever researched.

Last edited:
Hi everyone , the image of the couple in the inside lining is , Judy Garland and Robert walker . From the movie the Clock 1945 . Get it the Clock ! The photo for the lining was reversed it was changed by 10 percent for copyright issues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 173
We are getting more info every week , on who's who on the lining , so the photo was taken from a certain scene in this movie , Im just posting an available photo for instructional purposes ' I'll come back with more info ,

Hi everyone , the image of the couple in the inside lining is , Judy Garland and Robert walker . From the movie the Clock 1945 . Get it the Clock ! The photo for the lining was reversed it was changed by 10 percent for copyright issues

I'm not sold on this.

Images from Casablanca share more points of similarity than this image. The woman's hair line is wrong, the man's face is wrong, both of their expressions and positions are completely off.

...It's an interesting thought, but unless there's some more hard evidence, I don't think this is right at all.

-Nick

Fine that's your opinion , I'm getting my info from people in the movie industry that work at the Universal lot here in Hollywood , but I would love to see something that you base your opinion that is Casablanca .

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that the two images are more dissimilar than they are similar.

Picture of the Screen-Used lining (Which, it's worth noting contains MORE than just that one image) :

HollywoodLiningComposite.jpg

People who work with props and costumes forget details or misremember things all the time. It's why unless the information comes out around the same time as the film was produced, you're better off trusting a replicator. Many people who have worked on various productions have claimed something was custom when it was a found item. Other times, colors, details, weaves, etc are also incorrectly represented by the very people who worked on the films. It's not their fault, professionals work on more than one film in their life and are bound to forget things...especially after 30 years.

If you really have access to the linings, as you claim, I'm sure we'd all love to see them instead of 80 year old promotional pictures, as that would help put a lot of these questions to bed.

-Nick

Bacall wasn't in Casablanca...

Besides, Bogie and Bacall fit better with James Dean in the style of the lining than Judy Garland and Robert Walker?! I'd be surprised if Monroe isn't on there somewhere too...

Last edited:
Bacall wasn't in Casablanca...

Besides, Bogie and Bacall fit better with James Dean in the style of the lining than Judy Garland and Robert Walker?! I'd be surprised if Monroe isn't on there somewhere too...

She's on the upper left. Check out my lining thread. We've got most of these close to nailed down, but are always looking for fresh eyes!

-Nick

In "The Clock" there's only one scene (the very last one) where the hair on Judy Garland is split like on the lining shot. And this is as close at it gets: (found the movie online, hence the bad resolution)

the clock screencap.jpg

judy-garland-publicity-photo-in-the-clock-and-judy-garland-2093707092.jpg VS $(KGrHqV,!hME+nIcZJT1BQDr)Bp3jQ~~60_57.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back