New McFly jean jacket replica!

I got this picture from the tailor :D
13873076_10207302897478752_4422804377472256228_n.jpg

vlcsnap-10321.png

Last edited:
Really? I can see it fine.
If I right click it and open it in a new window, it's asking me to sign into a live.com account. So the file is probably permissioned only to be seen by you, and since you're logged in to live.com/microsoft, it loads for you.

The anticipation is making me even more curious though. haha

-Nick

If I right click it and open it in a new window, it's asking me to sign into a live.com account. So the file is probably permissioned only to be seen by you, and since you're logged in to live.com/microsoft, it loads for you.

The anticipation is making me even more curious though. haha

-Nick
I opened it from an email from the tailor and copied the URL here. I just uploaded it to facebook and did it that way so you should be able to see it.

I opened it from an email from the tailor and copied the URL here. I just uploaded it to facebook and did it that way so you should be able to see it.
BOOM! Now it's showing up! Man, I would be so thrilled right now if I was you. That looks great! When do you expect to take delivery of it?

-Nick

BOOM! Now it's showing up! Man, I would be so thrilled right now if I was you. That looks great! When do you expect to take delivery of it?

-Nick
Most likely tomorrow. Most places are closed on Sundays, but this tailor works from home, so it should be fine for me to drop by, pay, and bring my jacket back with me. And oh I am thrilled. The best looking 1985 denim jacket to date. I will reattach some buttons myself. I work in a place that has a button press. The only thing missing from my 1985 costume is some high waist jeans. They don't have to be guess, but they are hard to find in my size.

I got this picture from the tailor :D

Looks awesome! So pleased it turned out nice for you man. :eek:cool So the new lighter blue was from another jacket, or did you find it some where, did the tailor get it? Would like to do the same to mine, but would need to find someone good and local to me.

Looks awesome! So pleased it turned out nice for you man. :eek:cool So the new lighter blue was from another jacket, or did you find it some where, did the tailor get it? Would like to do the same to mine, but would need to find someone good and local to me.
I purchased a Guess jacket form ebay that was completely made out of the blue denim that was the same color as the shoulder pieces on the screen used jacket. They show up on ebay all the time, so it shouldn't be hard to find a jacket with the right color. Expect to spend about $30-50 on one. And I'm not sure if you've been reading the thread, but I also removed the two bottom buttons because the screen jacket only had one and the elastic only had two sections on it and not three like it originally came with. I will be sealing the bottom of the cut elastic with a flexible adhesive.

I purchased a Guess jacket form ebay that was completely made out of the blue denim that was the same color as the shoulder pieces on the screen used jacket. They show up on ebay all the time, so it shouldn't be hard to find a jacket with the right color. Expect to spend about $30-50 on one. And I'm not sure if you've been reading the thread, but I also removed the two bottom buttons because the screen jacket only had one and the elastic only had two sections on it and not three like it originally came with. I will be sealing the bottom of the cut elastic with a flexible adhesive.

Cool. Thanks. Yes, been reading back over the thread, but just wasn't sure what you decided to go with in the end. I just need to find that right blue. Would be fun to get mine more screen accurate. Will keep an eye out. Yours looks great dude, nice work. Be good to see a picture of the whole costume together, when you finish up the jacket!

Cool. Thanks. Yes, been reading back over the thread, but just wasn't sure what you decided to go with in the end. I just need to find that right blue. Would be fun to get mine more screen accurate. Will keep an eye out. Yours looks great dude, nice work. Be good to see a picture of the whole costume together, when you finish up the jacket!

Most definitely. I won't be wearing jeans that match the movie, but that's the only thing that will be inaccurate. I even have a pair of vintage Bruins.

WOW! That looks incredible. Once you get some pins on that thing and put some snaps on the pockets it will be damn near perfect.

...out of curiosity, what paisley are you using there?

-Nick
It's the Paisley that Headgoonie used. It's not screen accurate, but it looks good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back