New McFly jean jacket replica!

The original jacket was a "Black" denim chambray blend. After washing the fabric, it comes into a grey look.

I'd recommend the McFly Paisley Cuff from Spoonflower. I can't say enough about it's accuracy and look / feel.

Can't say for the jacket, but your burnt orange puffer vest is aces.
Too many people go with red or hunter orange.
( I myself do use the hunter orange ones I have when it's too hot for the down-filled burnts)

Kudos nonetheless!
--David M
aka ElectroDFW
aka Marty McFly Dallas Cosplay
www.fb.com/mcflydallas

Can't say for the jacket, but your burnt orange puffer vest is aces.
Too many people go with red or hunter orange.
( I myself do use the hunter orange ones I have when it's too hot for the down-filled burnts)

Kudos nonetheless!
--David M
aka ElectroDFW
aka Marty McFly Dallas Cosplay
www.fb.com/mcflydallas

I agree about the jacket, but I still love it since it was a gift from my parents.

I can't seem to find a picture that shows this. Does Marty wear the 3 pins on his denim jacket when he has the vest on as well?

The Marty McFly Denim Jacket is in the making , it took us four years to get the necessary information , we waited till we were able to get an original Guess denim jacket just like Marty had in the movie to be accurate in the making , and had a lot of help from people that work in the Movie studios for the two types of the inside lining , we are retired tailors worked for the movie industry for over 40 years , and we are Fans of Back to the Future . The least we can do "

The Marty McFly Denim Jacket is in the making , it took us four years to get the necessary information , we waited till we were able to get an original Guess denim jacket just like Marty had in the movie to be accurate in the making , and had a lot of help from people that work in the Movie studios for the two types of the inside lining , we are retired tailors worked for the movie industry for over 40 years , and we are Fans of Back to the Future . The least we can do "

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!!! It sounds like it's going to be an amazing replica! :thumbsup Do you have an ETA on when photos of it will be available?

We have made a few exact replicas for instructional purposes , we have purchased our top quality supplies from the same vendors Guess used at the time when these jackets were popular and made in 1984 . Photos in a few months , the hard part of this project is getting the denim to the right shade of color . ( there were 4 jackets used for the Movie as far as we know )

Do you have pictures of the exact jacket that you aquired to help make your replicas?

Last edited:
image.jpgThis is an original Guess jacket from 1984 , now we can be more accurate in measurements in every aspect of the jacket ,
next photos we post will be the finish product witht the right color of denim and inside lining .

View attachment 459951This is an original Guess jacket from 1984 , now we can be more accurate in measurements in every aspect of the jacket ,
next photos we post will be the finish product witht the right color of denim and inside lining .

...And just like that, all the claims of "It was custom made for the film and not a Guess Jacket" go away.

Thanks so much for posting that. Can't wait to see what your jacket looks like.

-Nick

...And just like that, all the claims of "It was custom made for the film and not a Guess Jacket" go away.

Thanks so much for posting that. Can't wait to see what your jacket looks like.

-Nick

I think the reason why people say it was custom made was because of the button placement all of the existing jackets in the right color scheme seem to have buttons in the wrong places. A member on here got one of these jackets back in december.
11083925_10204305121896236_409643103127400606_o.jpg

The jacket Hollywoodtailor owns has the wrong color scheme, but the right button placement. The member with the jacket above gave measurements to Indy Magnoli to assist with his jacket. So now we will have 4 versions of this jacket in the future. Magnoli, Hollywoodtailor, maxcady, and I heard head goonie is in the works on a new one. This will be interesting to see. We will see which version is the best. Right now I think it will be a tie between Magnoli and Hollywood.

Last edited by a moderator:
The jacket we have is the wrong color , but is used as reference for production because is the same type of Jacket used in the movie , it does not get any closer to replicating than this , everyone else is guessing as you can see in the photos , the buttons are ithe wrong color and in the wrong spot , we have acquired the same design of the lining used in the movie by the studio .

I've heard people even recently claiming the front pockets were added on from another jacket. Just glad we have some public proof now.

To those in the know, though, we've known the jacket was a Guess jacket...even the color. (But that's a whole other thing)

-Nick

The jacket we have is the wrong color , but is used as reference for production because is the same type of Jacket used in the movie , it does not get any closer to replicating than this , everyone else is guessing as you can see in the photos , the buttons are ithe wrong color and in the wrong spot , we have acquired the same design of the lining used in the movie by the studio .

I applaud you for your find. Did you find it at a thrift store?

We been searching for this jacket for the last four years , we had a reward of $600 dollars among our group of retired Pattern makers to who ever found the jacket , one of the guys found it in a garage sale . We are big Fans of Back to the Future we know how important this is , that's all we are doing the The Jacket , we been moving slow but we want to be very accurate . And we just got the jacket last week ' so we are moving forward with the project

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back