Better Call Saul

Jimmy/Saul is exactly the same character from the start of BCS to the end of BB.

Methinks someone is either SUPER jaded, or just plain hasn't been watching. Perhaps it's all of the "fast forwarding" you've been doing?

Jimmy is COMPLETELY different than Saul... that has been the whole point of this season is to show us that he went from Slippin' Jimmy (a con man) to someone who made a choice to grow up and try to do the right thing... he CRAVED his big brother's apporval and tried to model himself after big Chuck. But by the end of the season he's realized that this overblown sense of "doing the right thing" and "making Chuck proud" has been holding him back... and he's not going to let it stop him anymore. He's going to do what comes naturally to him... he's going to let Saul Goodman out of his cage.

Virtually every episode we've seen has shown him wrestle with his conscience. He gave up 1.6 MILLION dollars because he wanted to do the right thing. SAUL would NEVER have done that. But Jimmy McGill DID.

If you truly think he's the same then you're not paying attention. What we've been shown is how he BECAME the Saul we know from Breaking Bad.

Anyone pick up on this gem

better-call-saul-kevin-1.gif

From season 3

costner-breaking-bad.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a huge list of BB-BCS links but its a bit out of date now

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/better-call-saul-breaking-bad-773498/1-omaha

My faves:

Mike was killed in BB about where the kettlemans were hiding out in BCS.

The wanted poster guy (huge guy with beard) who also shows up later in the bathroom in BCS is *also* one of the guys in the famous magnets wrecking yard scene

And mostest favoritist: the BCS retirement home is the same one Hector is in during BB

Here's a huge list of BB-BCS links but its a bit out of date now

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/better-call-saul-breaking-bad-773498/1-omaha

My faves:

Mike was killed in BB about where the kettlemans were hiding out in BCS.

The wanted poster guy (huge guy with beard) who also shows up later in the bathroom in BCS is *also* one of the guys in the famous magnets wrecking yard scene

And mostest favoritist: the BCS retirement home is the same one Hector is in during BB

Awesome, missed a few of these

Finally got to see the finale last night. It's amazing how knowing who Jiimy becomes, I was still rooting for him to take the job with the new firm. Top notch job by the writers.

It's heartbreaking seeing Jimmy get everything he wants (aside from Chuck's approval) at the end of the episode and knowing where he's going to end up. So glad the show is back though, didn't realize how much I missed it.

Loved the 1st episode of Season 2! It's going to be interesting to watch Jimmy evolve into Saul and it looks like they are really also going to be delving into his known fall into the Cinnebon Gene character. They discussed that on the show 'Talking Saul' also, which was interesting. Peter Gould and Vince Gilligan were on with Bob Odenkirk and Rhea Seehorn. Gilligan hinted that there may be some 'guest' appearances in season 2 from Breaking Bad characters....can only hope it may be Walt or Jesse or Gus?

I think I'm kind of at a point right now where I'd rather not see Walt on the show. I feel he might overshadow Jimmy/Saul. Maybe in archival footage, getting to see Saul's side of things from BrBa when we catch up to that point in the timeline. Certainly not anything to the extent of Tuco's presence in the first few episodes.

Absolutely expect Gus at some point though.

I'm ok with BB characters for flashbacks...but ya could easily overshadow...but I have faith in Vince to do it right and tastefully.

I keep watching this waiting for it to go somewhere or get better, but every episode is the same. Breaking Bad had a solid character arc, but this is the opposite of that. Jimmy turns out to be the same thing he started as...a used car salesman type of lawyer good at running scams.

Maybe something really dramatic is going to happen, can't imagine what though...even the Mike character is the same character as in BB.

I suppose I could stop watching it, but then I'd have nothing to complain about :lol

Jimmy is trying to please his brother, girlfriend, etc. He currently has everything he's ever wanted but he's not happy. He's a square peg in a round hole. I love watching him struggle with that. I also love watching Mike become what he ends up as. There's a lot of development in this show.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back