Better Call Saul

Just watched them on the DVR. It's awesome and hilarious and heartbreaking.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

What a brilliant episode! That openning was just so great from that "reveal" to the "dead" drunk! It was all good. I hope the writers get a crack at a certain film franchise! Brilliant television.

I've only caught the first episode, but I was pleasantly surprised! I think I'm gonna wait and binge watch though. I tend to enjoy shows more that way. But liking what I'm seeing!

Just got to watch the last episode. Mike's backstory was the focus, and it was an excellent episode. Best of the series so far.

yea Mike's episode rivaled anything from breaking bad IMHO

Yup, that episode was absolutely brilliant and it felt right at home in the Breaking Bad universe. Can't wait to see where this show goes as Saul gets more involved with the criminal underworld. I'm assuming Gus Fring has to enter the fray at some point and that will indeed be AWESOME! :cool

I am really enjoying the show. Jimmy/Saul is an interesting character and it's good to see where this guy came from and what contributed to his representing someone like Walter White.

While I don't want or need characters from Breaking Bad forced into the show, it was smart to bring in Mike Ehrmantraut. Mike is a great character who can be irritatingly stoic yet perfectly balances "Slippng Jimmy" McGill.

Agreed, the show is living up to expectations. I really liked Mike, so getting his back story is a big bonus. So far, the show, while lighter, is doing Braking Bad proud. Good scripts and solid acting.

I think it's only lighter on the surface. There's a lot more pent-up anger and angst that gets buried by all the characters that might come to light eventually.

I felt bad when he was in the huge office with the view at the end just staring out the window like 'Well it was fun while it almost lasted...'

I think it's only lighter on the surface.

Most definitely, and, undoubtedly, by design as to not mimic BB too closely, although it has the same core theme of a man's descent into corruption and the final price.

BCS is crap, pure and simple....did all you people take stupid pills or something:lol.....I think most of you have been conned by the media and review sites like rotten tomatoes.

Saul was a support character at best during BB and while I loved the idea of expanding his universe, seriously so far it’s rubbish.

Random characters making no sense, while Saul whines his way through life....can you see why Saul was a support character in BB??...that's why.

He's the same random whining a-hole from BB that now has his own show. There is no character and/or story arc. Saul was a weaner lawyer when he ran away in BB and he is exactly the same in BCS

It's so predictable and boring, I'm fast forwarding 5 minutes at a time to see where it goes and it really goes nowhere.

BB was dramatic and interesting from the get-go, it suffered in the middle seasons, but come to a conclusion that honored the premise.

Walter White was not the same man at the end as he was in the beginning...that's a story and character arc.

Jimmy/Saul is exactly the same character from the start of BCS to the end of BB.

Don't buy into the hype.....;)

I dunno. I am loving this 'Okay ONE last score so I can get my feet under me and then I'm going legit' thing he keeps doing because his last scores keep getting screwed up. And I adore his interactions with his brother.

The thing is.....I think.....when BB piloted Vince Gilligan had to sell that product,......now that BB is held so highly,....VG doesn't need to build that kind of hook intro (pilot).......look at House of Cards on Netflix,..no pilot needed.....loads of confidence....it has that space to build & build & BUILD........I think/hope thats the way BCS is going.......he's going to get associated with some pretty nasty s*it,.....get himself in and out of some tight scrapes,.....and its gonna build & build

J

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's crap. And accusing people of "taking stupid pills" ? That's the kind of subpar reasoning you get on IMDB, not on the RPF.

And while Saul won't evolve as drastically as Walter, the Saul we've seen so far in BCS still looks like he has a heart and a sense of morality. Not the same Saul from BB who presents himself as a criminal lawyer, offers extra illegal services and cares only about himself and money. There is clearly going to be character development to get there.

I'm betting that Chuck dies and Jimmy blames himself somehow, or something like that. That's what'll really start his downward spiral and while at first he tries to make ALL THE MONEY no matter what because he needs to take care of his brother, once he is gone he'll covet the money he keeps almost getting his hands on.

This show keeps getting better and better. The Mike episode where we finally learn why he came to abq was brutal. As much as Jonathan Banks' performance is one of steely, reserved "toughness", he really can act when the need arises, my wife was crying when he "confessed".

I sensed Chuck was behind Jimmie not getting made a partner from the start as Chuck acted stunned then nonplussed when Jimmie announced "I'm a lawyer".

I also get the feeling Gilligan developed many great backstories and tangential plot threads for BB, but they remained unused as they were too distracting from the main WW storyline. Here he has a chance to use them.

Really great episode last night. I really feel for Jimmy. He's trying to work legit. Trying to get a little piece for himself. Trying for a little respect. I can see now why he'd turn into Saul.

I laughed and laughed when Kim told Jimmy that HHM had to bring on another huge firm for the Sandpiper case. Not just because it'd be hilarious for him to sit at the table as an equal with Chuck but also because it shows how ambitious he is. He sincerely thought that if he worked hard enough, he could take that case on all by himself.

It was also awesome when Hamlin looked at the paper Jimmy gave him of all the stuff he does for Chuck. For a second you could see Hamlin realizing that Jimmy might just deserve his respect as a person after all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back