Spider-Man: Homecoming

Re: New Spider-Man Movie in MCU (July 28, 2017)

Personally, I loved Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and I wholeheartedly agree with dannylopuz's comment regarding Garfield. He had that bumbling, clumsy, lost in the sauce demeanor that I expect Peter Parker to have. To me, he really did embody Peter Parker. Overall, the TASM wasn't a bad movie. I could have been better, sure. But I liked it way better than TASM2.

I DESPISED Tobey McGuire in the role. Nothing about him said Peter Parker to me, nor Spider Man.

Wes

I for one am excited about Spidey coming back to Marvel. Sony having a hand in it, so what. Marvel/Disney is doing it right in my opinion. I wasn't really looking forward to the Civil War Movie without Spiderman. I mean come on, he is a huge part of the whole story line. I will agree that a new origins is not really needed here, but having him in that move is HUGE! I feel that Marvel/Disney realized this and did what they had to too make it happen. I for one want to see the whole Tony Stark/Iron Spider suit hand over, I think the way that Jon Favreau did his homework on the Ironman suit was amazing! I think putting that type of talent on the Iron Spider suit would be Epic! That movie has huge possibilities!!
civil wat.png
I think they would need to get the Fantastic 4 back as well that way you could truly have the story line as it should be. I want to see the New Movie when it comes out, but I am kind of hoping it will flop just so it helps them get the rights back from Fox....I for one am very pleased with the way that Disney has helped the whole Marvel Universe.

I know it's probably not going to happen this way, but I'd love it if the Sony ASM films were treated as backstory, a couple years before, say, Iron Man. After Gwen dies, Peter quits the hero thing for a while, and OsCorp falls apart under bad management after Harry is locked up. It isn't until the Battle of New York that Peter gets jarred out of his funk and realizes Spider-Man is needed again. So Garfield's age won't be a problem and he can be a twenty-something Peter just fine.

--Jonah

Yes not in Amazing Fantasy #15, but as the comic series continued the quote did eventually get attributed to Uncle Ben as something he would lecture Peter with during other stories and flashbacks.

Hhm, I'm not sure that is true unless it is relatively recently. I think that was mainly brought about by the Raimi movie. Maybe it was incorporated into the comics after that--I don't know. I do know for sure that it was never an Uncle Ben line before, at least about 1993. That's when I pretty much stopped buying comics, but I have pretty much every issue of Spider-man ever printed up to that point. Before that point it was never attributed to Uncle Ben.

Hhm, I'm not sure that is true unless it is relatively recently. I think that was mainly brought about by the Raimi movie. Maybe it was incorporated into the comics after that--I don't know. I do know for sure that it was never an Uncle Ben line before, at least about 1993. That's when I pretty much stopped buying comics, but I have pretty much every issue of Spider-man ever printed up to that point. Before that point it was never attributed to Uncle Ben.
Perhaps it was in the 90s, maybe during John Byrne's limited series run, not sure about that. But since Wiki also stated it, I am wondering if it was during the first 100 issues run of Stan Lee. I need to read them again someday to really confirm it. But yeah It definitely become prominent after the movie. Here is an example from couple of years ago in New Avengers.

Edit: Okay, just checked. It was not in John Byrne's comic.

Attachments

• Spidey_powers_quote.jpg
    Spidey_powers_quote.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Hmm, yeah no. The only good thing I see in his project list is Cabin in the woods and maybe Buffy. He just doesn't get me all pumped up for a new spidey movie. He will have to put in some work in to get me aboard. It also better be Peter Parker with a brain and a funny sense of humor. I was jacked up for a sinster six movie until I realized how crappy the baddies would be.

According to this site, while the quote was not shown to be spoken by Uncle Ben until February 2002's Amazing Spiderman (vol. 2) #38, the quote was attributed to him as early as 1987's Spider-Man vs. Wolverine #1.

News about the movie, they're looking for someone who can grow into the role and the first movie will show spiderman fighting iron man.

Rumor has it that Dylan O'Brien has already signed onto a spider-man trilogy,cap civil war, Avengers Infinity War's part 1 & 2, and a unknown, marvel movie.

This was leaked buy the same person on Reddit who leaked the Sony/Marvel Spidey deal, and got all the information right WEEKS maybe MONTHS before it happened.

I liked Dylan in The Maze Runner but still not sure of him playing Spidey.

Reddit user did squat about the Sony/Marvel deal, it was early on reported by Latino Review before anyone else.

I am still hoping RDJ's announcement is regarding Spidey.

Last edited:

According to this site, while the quote was not shown to be spoken by Uncle Ben until February 2002's Amazing Spiderman (vol. 2) #38, the quote was attributed to him as early as 1987's Spider-Man vs. Wolverine #1.

Thanks. And here are the panels from two pages of that issue which confirms that.

Attachments

• Wolverine_vs_Spidey_p29.JPG
    Wolverine_vs_Spidey_p29.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Wolverine_vs_Spidey_p30.JPG
    Wolverine_vs_Spidey_p30.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 94

Okay okay. That's about the time I was graduating college so, maybe I missed that. Still, that's two decades since his beginning for it to come out.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back