Spider-Man: Homecoming

Poe-tate-toh Poe-Taut-oh

It's the 2nd reboot, but 3rd different installment.

The first reboot with Garfield was just way too soon. Like 3-4 years after McGuire's....mistake all around.

This is being done by marvel. And my guess is MARVEL opted for toning things down and they were not ordered too.

I would think that Marvel would want a noticeably different tone in order to set their Spidey apart from the Sony franchise. Not to mention that, from what little of this movie I've seen, it seems to fit in tonally with the rest of the MCU.

Was he even in the trailer?

Might have been in the HS hallway. I'm basing it off the casting list.

My daughter has/had a problem with a classmate,the girl is devious & has made quite a few of the class upset including boys.....the Teacher didn't see it until recently....the girl in question is the smallest,...skinniest,....with thick glassesBullies come in all sizesJ

Girls are evil in how they bully one another. Boys tend to be more physical. At least back in the day. I'm not a kid in anymore. :)

Kilmer and Clooney weren't rebooted Keaton Batman, they were all a part of the same continuity.
Hence the term "arguable." Somewhere along the way, a lot changed between those movies and the ties became very loose.

Similarly, and arguably, the same can be said about Bond...

Hence the term "arguable." Somewhere along the way, a lot changed between those movies and the ties became very loose.

Similarly, and arguably, the same can be said about Bond...

The two constant actors from Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were Commisioner Gordon and Alfred.
You can consider Batman Forever and Batman & Robin as a loose continuation.

They just seemed to forget that Harvey Dent was not white! Billy Dee Williams was Harvey dent in Batman 1989! Yet became Tommy lee Jones in Batman Forever!

The two constant actors from Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were Commisioner Gordon and Alfred.

They just seemed to forget that Harvey Dent was not white! Billy Dee Williams was Harvey dent in Batman 1989! Yet became Tommy lee Jones in Batman Forever!

Maybe billy dee was more expensive?

or they thought he couldn't pull off the down right crazy they where going for..

What!!!!

spiderman.JPG

It was why Billy D took the role in the first place - to play 2face down the road.

Wholesale production change from Burton to the Schumacher (puke) versions cost him the role. They didn't want him.

So there's a bunk bed in the room Ganke—I mean Ned is in when he discovers Peter's secret— and it's not the same room as Peter's in Civil War. Are they rooming together? Is Peter going to boarding school now? Are they just using Miles Morale's storyline and pasting the names of the original Spider-Man characters into it?

The more I watch the trailer the more I'm starting to feel this might turn out to be the best Spider-Man film ever made. I didn't see it at first but I'm seeing it now. The high-school setting and characters really makes this something special. I'm predicting this film will be that great.

If I'm wrong I hope y'all will forget I posted this.

The more I watch the trailer the more I'm starting to feel this might turn out to be the best Spider-Man film ever made. I didn't see it at first but I'm seeing it now. The high-school setting and characters really makes this something special. I'm predicting this film will be that great.

If I'm wrong I hope y'all will forget I posted this.

What makes you think the high school setting, which has been done already, will make it so good? The fat asian kid as comic relief from a hero thats already supposed to be funny? I already stated why Im not super excited for this, but I did love Spidey in Civil War, it might have been because he was used in a small dose. I just hope this doesnt try to emulate the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon.

What makes you think the high school setting, which has been done already, will make it so good? The fat asian kid as comic relief from a hero thats already supposed to be funny? I already stated why Im not super excited for this, but I did love Spidey in Civil War, it might have been because he was used in a small dose. I just hope this doesnt try to emulate the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon.
It's not the fact of the high school setting. It's the fact that this actually looks more like high school than other iterations. And that's novel. As much as I love the Raime/McGuire films, that Parker never seemed very invested in his education - it's as if it's not a very important part of his life - as if they had to pay lip service to the setting. This one actually feels like it's taking the high school setting to heart.

What also makes it good is that, since Holland is such a convincing teen, he is actually is more pitiful as a kid without a father figure. McGuire and Garfield Spideys were adult characters - I never felt otherwise. Holland is going to be the most likeable and most relatable Spidey for a good number of fans IMO. At least that's how it's feeling to me.

And I pray the "fat Asian kid" isn't only there for comic relief. That would kill a lot of it for me.

Define invested in his education. Like, embracing his nerdy side? I kind of feel with the inclusion of Tony Stark, his nerdy/smart side is going out the window because he doesnt need it. I feel like its going to be more of a "coming of age" flick. Kevin Feige said its going to be " a John Hughes movie with webs". Im not too hopeful regarding that as a synopsis. Who knows, I could totally be proven wrong, but so far Im still not sold.

What do you think he is going to be? He certainly isnt from the 616 universe.

Well either way, I love the way this new film pays homage to the Sam Raimi films.

The main thumbnail is an obvious tribute to the most famous Spiderman scene (the Doc-Ock fight on the train) and the last clip in the trailer made my jaw drop, since it was an obvious attempt to pay tribute to the Spidey train-stopping scene with the way he was holding onto his webs.

Define invested in his education. Like, embracing his nerdy side?
No. You almost never used to even see him in class, study or interact with other students other than Mary Jane or Flash Thompson. For all intents and purposes high school was not an important part of his life. It didn't bother me about the previous films - it's just something I accepted. But Holland is the most credible high school student Parker to date and the story seems to be rooted in his life as a high schooler. That notion is either going to speak to you or it doesn't. For you it doesn't. For me it does.
I kind of feel with the inclusion of Tony Stark, his nerdy/smart side is going out the window because he doesnt need it.
Not necessarily. You don't have to be the only smart guy in the film to be a nerd.
I feel like its going to be more of a "coming of age" flick. Kevin Feige said its going to be " a John Hughes movie with webs". Im not too hopeful regarding that as a synopsis. Who knows, I could totally be proven wrong, but so far Im still not sold.
I wasn't sold when I first heard it pitched that way but, after seeing the trailer and letting it sink in for a while, I can see what he means and I like it a lot.

What do you think he is going to be? He certainly isnt from the 616 universe.
I stopped keeping up with Spider-Man comics in the 1980's. I couldn't tell you.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back