ANH Luke Skywalker lightsaber build

spydrwebz

Its official, I took the plunge today and bought an Exactra 20 along with Roy's grips and d-ring.

exactra.JPG

Should be here on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Now I just gotta find a genuine Graflex flash (kicking myself for selling my old one)

Will post pics when I receive everything and will keep you updated on my progress.

My first time so all comments and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Ive been a Star Wars fan for a really long time, so needless to say Im really looking forward to this one.

It was also advertised in the Junkyard by Serenity ... good call to jump on it. Now a cheap G R A F L E X will be a hole other matter to score ... if all else fails contact member 3cell he sells them regularly though for quite some gold-pressed latinum so yo better start saving :)

Chaim

Yeah your best luck is if someone sells in the junkyard... Members here are a little more realistic then ebay... probably a little about "keeping it in the family"....

i have been hunting ebay for awhile and gave up and just going to use a replica graflex. the going rate seems to be 450 now :(

Never give up ... try your local camerashop or a fleemarket or swapmeet ... or search for camera/collector events being mentioned online near you or far away ... there must be some out there in lalaland, yes?

Chaim

Theres one on ebay right now that the seller is claiming as all original. Has a hole right in the middle of the endcap however. gonna skip on that one.

Most G R A F L E X flashguns range from $250 - $450 nowadays ... but you might get lucky sometimes if they use a different term or one is with a camera, which you can either keep and use as I did or sell lateron ;)

Chaim

Excited to see this build! (It was my first) The toe pic has the clamp on the right, and I think on screen it's on the left..so welcome to star wars props where the pieces are made up and the pics don't matter hahaha

There were some listed this morning under a single listing. They're gone now (I grabbed one :D)

If you got the 200 dollar one, thats the one with the hole in the dead center of the endcap Manooga.

Seller sent me the following pics and I opted out for that reason. Not really a huge deal dince the d-ring and clip should cover it up but
it would drive me crazy knowing its there.

$_0.JPG

12.JPG

Last edited:
Im still planning on starting this guys, hopefully soon.

I cannot believe how much the Graflexs have jumped in price.

If anyone knows where I can get an authentic Graflex for a decent price, Id really appreciate it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back