"BATA" HLMF / HRMF Decals 90% done (95% hasbro parts HRMF build)

Regarding Post 176, I have decompiled the 'stacked' items since they are repetitive (well, at least two instances) and assigned the top decals their own numbers and the red-outlined white rectangle instances their own, with appropriate links. This will be in the next update of the Tracker spreadsheet & the Image archive. I felt this was needed because the overlaid decals have independent sources I wish to document. Now if we could only find the source of the rectangles!

R/ Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news. When you've got the 5ft version together I'll buy a full set. Would make my build a lot smoother!

A little help?

I have ID the two side panels used for #110 and #111 on this decal sheet...problem is...I don't know exactly where it is from??? If anyone can tell me what kit this may have been from it would be appreciated!

UNKNOWN_DECALS.jpgUNKNOWN_DECALS_crop.jpgno_110_pt1.jpgno_111.jpg

Attachments

• no_110.jpg
    no_110.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 114
A little help?

I have ID the two side panels used for #110 and #111 on this decal sheet...problem is...I don't know exactly where it is from??? If anyone can tell me what kit this may have been from it would be appreciated!

View attachment 452484View attachment 452483View attachment 452486View attachment 452487
Imurme, this is the decal sheet from Revell kit # H-289 (as shown on OldModelKits.com), the 1:48 scale F-4E kit. However, I expect that the 1:32 scale kit would have similar if not the same sheet markings, so the decals placed on the MF will need to be 'sized' for comparison to ensure correct identification. I actually have a copy of that kit sheet, so I can provide measurements if you can get a rough measure of the one's on the SS model. I suspect it is the large kit because the main instrument panel is showing white features while the 1:48 kit decals are 'reverse printed' so to be applied to the *back side* of a clear instrument panel kit part - to give that "realistic glass" effect (something Revell played with back in the '70's with several of their 1/48 aircraft kits including the MiG-21, F-104 Starfighter and (I believe) F-14A Tomcat releases.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I answered my own question - Google for 'Revell H-182', which is the 1/32 version. I found one for sale that showed the decal sheet, and the instrument panel matches exactly to the insitu decal
Revell F4E H182 1_32_zoom.jpg

Thanks for digging this out!
Regards, Robert

Revell F4E H182 1_32_zoom.jpg

Imurme, this is the decal sheet from Revell kit # H-289 (as shown on OldModelKits.com), the 1:48 scale F-4E kit. However, I expect that the 1:32 scale kit would have similar if not the same sheet markings, so the decals placed on the MF will need to be 'sized' for comparison to ensure correct identification. I actually have a copy of that kit sheet, so I can provide measurements if you can get a rough measure of the one's on the SS model. I suspect it is the large kit because the main instrument panel is showing white features while the 1:48 kit decals are 'reverse printed' so to be applied to the *back side* of a clear instrument panel kit part - to give that "realistic glass" effect (something Revell played with back in the '70's with several of their 1/48 aircraft kits including the MiG-21, F-104 Starfighter and (I believe) F-14A Tomcat releases.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I answered my own question - Google for 'Revell H-182', which is the 1/32 version. I found one for sale that showed the decal sheet, and the instrument panel matches exactly to the insitu decal
View attachment 452626

Thanks for digging this out!
Regards, Robert

Robert, BIG FAVOR? Could you scan that 1/32 decal sheet and send it to me in high-res? Please....

And measures would help too!

I've only got like 20 or so decals left to make in my set to have ALL of them from the tracker sheet so far! :)

And...I think I have most of them scaled correctly (that will need some proofing against actual parts to be sure, but from my plans it fits)

Joy, joy...

imurme

Robert, BIG FAVOR? Could you scan that 1/32 decal sheet and send it to me in high-res? Please....

And measures would help too!

I've only got like 20 or so decals left to make in my set to have ALL of them from the tracker sheet so far! :)

And...I think I have most of them scaled correctly (that will need some proofing against actual parts to be sure, but from my plans it fits)

Joy, joy...

imurme

Shane, I don't have the 1/32 sheet, only the 1/48 kit sheet. Unfortunately, the above is about the best I've been able to find on the web. Perhaps someone else will have one; plus, I'll ask my 1/32 scale fan buddy if he might have one in his stash (though he tends to dump old stuff for better kits when they come out, and a better F-4 has been out for a while...but can't hurt to ask around!)

Of course, in a pinch, we could take the 1/48 scan and then scale it up to 1/32 to give us the basics, then tweak to match the 1/32 sheet images... slight differences in the side consoles, for example.
Regards, Robert

Last edited:
Shane, I don't have the 1/32 sheet, only the 1/48 kit sheet. Unfortunately, the above is about the best I've been able to find on the web. Perhaps someone else will have one; plus, I'll ask my 1/32 scale fan buddy if he might have one in his stash (though he tends to dump old stuff for better kits when they come out, and a better F-4 has been out for a while...but can't hurt to ask around!)
Regards, Robert

Robert, thank you for checking on that...I would even settle for a scan of the 1/48...anything to help me see the details better would work...and measures of it would be useful as well to compare to what I have here...

imurme

Robert, thank you for checking on that...I would even settle for a scan of the 1/48...anything to help me see the details better would work...and measures of it would be useful as well to compare to what I have here...

imurme

That I can do! May have to wait until the weekend, however... I also need to dig out the 1/24 Airfix Harrier sheet for a scan. Most of my decals are stored in files for "climate control" but that one may have been left in the box...
R/ Robert

That I can do! May have to wait until the weekend, however... I also need to dig out the 1/24 Airfix Harrier sheet for a scan. Most of my decals are stored in files for "climate control" but that one may have been left in the box...
R/ Robert

...Love to see both...thanks man!

p.s. I got some major edits I would like to sugest for the tracker...will send to you here in the next few days after I incorporate latest.

imurme

...Love to see both...thanks man!

p.s. I got some major edits I would like to sugest for the tracker...will send to you here in the next few days after I incorporate latest.

imurme

Roger, roger!
Say, is this for the one from this morning (20150316)?

R/ Robert

Faustus100, I too am looking forward to some solid results from all this research into the markings... ;^)

To illustrate the tie in to the donor kits, I just resolved that the 'hazmat diamonds' present on the starboard lower docking tunnel and the starboard side of the aft landing gear box are from the large scale Bandai M60A2 kit (1:15, IIRC); they are actually yellow diamond shaped unit marking with the number '15' in red. So far, that is the only one other than the myriad of decals gleaned from the AMT trucks kits... updates to the Decal Tracker spreadsheet coming shortly. Cheers!

Regards, Robert

Robert, I seen this post over on the studio scale ANH thread...so do you think the Bandai 1/15 M60A2 is the right scale? And does it have the numbers '15' or '12'' on the decals? Cause the ones on the falcon both have '12'...they can be found in the Tamiya 1/35 M60A2...just making sure here?

Tamiya_M60A2_box.jpgTamiya_M60A2_decals.jpg

Robert, I seen this post over on the studio scale ANH thread...so do you think the Bandai 1/15 M60A2 is the right scale? And does it have the numbers '15' or '12'' on the decals? Cause the ones on the falcon both have '12'...they can be found in the Tamiya 1/35 M60A2...just making sure here?

View attachment 452872View attachment 452873

You could be right - the 1:24 scale kit (not 1:15 scale - sorry!) was the first time I'd seen the marking (I was happy to see it - it seems to validate the idea that donor kit sheets were being used...other than the AMT trucks, of course!) though I was wondering about the size (size does matter!) I also have gotten the numbers backwards, or else Bandai mirrored the design. Either way, it will come down to actual measurement data to match. I did note that the "2" has short little 'hooks' on the ends of the strokes, readily apparent in the 1:24 scale decals.Bandai M60 1_24.JPG

Well, looking at images of item #64, it is obvious it isn't the Bandai kit decals simply because the number orientation doesn't match, so yes most likely the Tamiya M60A2 kit sheet is (ding, ding) the winner!

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
A few updates...

NEW DECAL: Found a 'hidden' decal, well just hard to notice, on the bottom aft of the landing gear box, on the starboard side is a fin sticking out (there is one on the other side too) just to the port (inner) side of it is a 'cummings powered' logo, well what looks like the bottom half of one, just the black and yellow stripes portion...it lays side-ways port-to-strbd...

IMG_0042_crop.jpgIMG_0041_crop.jpg

now look at this image...

IMG_0041_crop2.jpg

...you can see a few things here, first, there are two new #12's that are not on the tracker sheet, just port of the #12a that is tracked...also, in the tracker #152a & #152b are listed as having white between the stripes, in this images (and others) there is NO white, it appears that in some photos (mostly the ones in Steve's archive) the clear base of the decal is being reflective and giving the impression of white (reflecting light)...and, there is one more new one that is not found in the tracker, more forward along the center, that looks to be the same type of decal as the one close to #12b...which is #161 on the tracker I believe...it looks like more of the same black text...but I need better views...

Another new one that seems to have been missed on the tracker is a small yellow text block found on the starboard mandible, on the top outer surface of the 'shield generator' chassis box that is next to the inner access pit...it looks similar to #62 but it may be one of the others from the same microscale RR sheet...

01020539_JPG_crop.jpg

...one other one to point out...it seems that the decal at the bottom center front end of the lower 'jaw box'...in front of the two long black stripes (#119) and the red 'cresent winged' arrow (#155) ...is two yellow boxes, just forward of them...these are not tracked, and I am still unsure what they may be exactly...they could be two more #62's?...need to look for better images of these, if any one has better shots of this area please let me know?

1048_SWI_8557_crop.jpgFalconBottom2comp_crop.jpgBottom-Front--1_crop.jpgBottom-Front--6_crop.jpg

Well thats it for now...keeping it going ;)

imurme

p.s. Robert, I'm sending you an edited tracker with some suggestions for improvements for you to go over.

Last edited:
Not sure if that may help regarding the 5ft Falcon but they used a lot of decals from the Airfix Harrier on the X-Wings (mainly on Red 4) and also on the TIE Fighters.

Not sure if that may help regarding the 5ft Falcon but they used a lot of decals from the Airfix Harrier on the X-Wings (mainly on Red 4) and also on the TIE Fighters.

Hi, MT! I haven't seen anything yet that might be from the 1/24th scale Harrier sheet, but then I don't have a good image of the sheet yet. A fellow Britmodeller has kindly offered to mail me a spare Harrier sheet he has, but it is coming from the UK, so it will be a while. It does seem, from the one blurry image I've gleaned from the web, to have a fair amount of stencil & data decals and is hence a candidate. I've starting collecting images of the sheets from donor kits (best I can) just to start making those comparisons; I hope to resolve some of the more mysterious decals that way... thanks for the input!
Regards, Robert

Item 57, post 155, seems to me very suggestive of a diesel locomotive nose...

Attached is an example sheet from Microscale. Almost certainly not the correct one.

Attachments

• 48651.jpg
    48651.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 110
more stuff...

I sourced one of the other decals, #70 the blue & red strip w/ cutoff white lettering, it is from the same logo that is used for the #102 'Hercules' decal...it is a portion cut from the text 'Pro-Fax'...that logo can be found on the Microscale HO #87-23 54ft Center Flow Hoppers sheet...

8723.jpg

imurme

Last edited:
Item 57, post 155, seems to me very suggestive of a diesel locomotive nose...

Attached is an example sheet from Microscale. Almost certainly not the correct one.

Agreed, they definitively are from a Microscale sheet, but there are alot of them with that pattern, so no telling which???

Hi, MT! I haven't seen anything yet that might be from the 1/24th scale Harrier sheet, but then I don't have a good image of the sheet yet. A fellow Britmodeller has kindly offered to mail me a spare Harrier sheet he has, but it is coming from the UK, so it will be a while. It does seem, from the one blurry image I've gleaned from the web, to have a fair amount of stencil & data decals and is hence a candidate. I've starting collecting images of the sheets from donor kits (best I can) just to start making those comparisons; I hope to resolve some of the more mysterious decals that way... thanks for the input!
Regards, Robert

The problem is there are so many release with so different paint scheme with different markings that's hard to get the exact same decal sheet they had in their Harrier box. I know that several stencils and NATO markings (heavily used on Red 4) were common to most of the Harrier release, but maybe some of the decals used on the Falcon were specific to one release... It's a hard hunt :)))

I know that one the TIE there are NATO markings from a much smaller scale plane (probably 1/72), but I havent found the correct plane yet. I know the 1/72 Airfix F4 Phantom is an ANH donor but nothing from the decal sheet I have (here again there were several releases but I think I got a very early kit).

Thanks to your thread I found that most of the decals used on the TIE were from HO trains, CAPY etc... Not sure if the Microscale are the correct ones because the numbers dont match, but this will do the trick ! Thanks

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back