Anyone know anything about the John Wick Gold Coins?

Rusty85

Sr Member
I think that assassin's code clip is on the Blue-ray, it looked like it had some good art for the coins at one point showing the design printed out. Bought the dvd but it was the bare bones X )

Couple of screencaps from the movie and captures from the Making Of featurette.

[15-48-55].JPG [15-51-25].JPG JWC01.png JWC02.png

Interesting – looks like they're made from scratch.

"Ens Causa Sui" is Latin for "a being that causes itself", or 'being its own cause.'

Looks like a lion on one side, still can't make out what's on the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'd definitely be in for a few should some enterprising individual start a run.

Can someone give me a precise width of the coin ? I'm not great at judging, but looks like maybe 1 1/2 inches.

I did the easy side. I still can't clearly tell what is on the other side. What the image is in the middle or the text at the top.
Someone needs to get a better screen grab to finish this project.

Thanks guys. The other side appears to be a person standing with a shield leaned up against him/her.
I wish that paper with the printed copy of the coins was available. That would do it.
Maybe someone can buy the Blu-ray and see if they can get a better picture.

Thanks guys. The other side appears to be a person standing with a shield leaned up against him/her.
I wish that paper with the printed copy of the coins was available. That would do it.
Maybe someone can buy the Blu-ray and see if they can get a better picture.

planning on it, will try and get some caps this week if no one else beats me to the punch.

These are the 3 images you provided me with. I think they are using different coins. The details in the 3 pictures are not lining up perfectly.
I may have to choose which details to duplicate, maybe a combination of images into a single. It may depend on which you can get a better
picture of.

i just busted out a pen real quick and drew what i see....didn't take much time just looking at the 3 pics jintosh has there.
looks like a dude holding a bag in one hand and a shield with a sword in the other...the bottom of the vines is snake heads judging by the half coin pic. and more words over his head that i can't make out.
wickface.JPG

oops looks like i messed up a bit on the snakes at the bottom they appear to be enter twined in a figure 8 kind of pattern.

Last edited:
Nice job, Ultraman. If you can resolve the snake issue, that would help. I didn't even see snakes. :D

The middle coin is harder to see, but I marked what to me looks like the person is holding a branch and the items at the end are flowers of leaves.
The director on the commentary says the symbol represents peace AND strength. So a sword/shield and maybe a olive branch ? That's why I
wanted more detail if possible.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back