HalloweenCostumes.com “Back to the Future Hoverboard”

If there's demand for it, I could easily put together a battery and bracket arms kit in resin.

Even though I have the Matty board I would wait until the HC board ships to make sure the dimensions are right.

-Nick

If there's demand for it, I could easily put together a battery and bracket arms kit in resin.

Even though I have the Matty board I would wait until the HC board ships to make sure the dimensions are right.

-Nick
Exactly thats why i wanna wait till i get it.. So i can go get the vynyl done

Ok so the bottom battery logo is a decal but the guy I'm talking to isn't sure if it's removable or not he also said he's not sure why they designed it that way without the actual box he also said that there isn't a hole under the sticker on the top side of the board for the handlebars I guess we could just place a black circle there and it would look the same though

The closeups on HC's website doesn't look like a sticker to me. Looks like it's printed on. I hope I'm wrong and it's a sticker. If not, then I hope they at least center it

Also, Thank you Roland. Those logo sheets are excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, looking at the secondary market for the Mattel version, I'm selling. How many times have I thought about gutting it and making it the hero rideable version they had for stunts. Thank you HC. Can't go wrong with pink plastic, perfect for car shows and cons.
if you get the hc board please wait to sell the mattel one so we can have a comparison? they look so similar to me but the foot plate not spinning on the hc board makes me curios as to how different they are

do you know what they would charge for the top and bottom board decals?
I dont know..

But i know for a page its around $10 .. But that was about 2 years ago.. I will go and ask on my spare time.. But i can do mattel logos for now?? Those seem like size wouldnt matter?

I dont know..

But i know for a page its around $10 .. But that was about 2 years ago.. I will go and ask on my spare time.. But i can do mattel logos for now?? Those seem like size wouldnt matter?

I had a local company quote me $50 for a entire top and bottom decal.

@cavx I was thinking just vac forming the Mattel part and then id just paint and mount it on the board figured it be cheap to make since you just have to place the already made part in the vac and you could just charge for like the material and shipping but second guessing you said the smallest box is 17 bucks? I think I might just make it out of foam or clay and high gloss it I mean it's just a small part on the bottom

- - - Updated - - -
@cavx also dm me I want to make sure everything worked out

Just so you know, you can't just place the original part on a the table and make a copy without damaging the original. Given the cost of the Matty boards, I won't be doing that with mine.

So the facts with Vac Forming this part are -

1. Plastic thickness pending, the part will always come out slightly over sized with a positive buck.
2. Positive forming will lose the sharp edges.
3. Wall thickness will be thin when using thin plastic to preserve details.

Negative forming will give a better result by keeping the size correct and should allow better definition whilst allowing thicker plastic to be used.

As I said. I will need to look into this.

Exactly thats why i wanna wait till i get it.. So i can go get the vynyl done
The other option is I just make the bracket arms longer than they would need to be so that they can be trimmed to fit.

...at the very least, I'll get a start on shaping the battery box, since that just needs to be made to the filming prop dimensions.

-Nick

So many people have asked me about selling my 3D printed parts, I am looking into molding and casting the parts and selling them either as a package or for this purpose just the battery pack. The advantage would be that my parts are real close to accurate and if anyone wanted to build an accurate board they would already have accurate parts.
I will put up an interest thread in a little bit.
My parts are the parts that clock88 used for his screen accurate board build.

I had a local company quote me $50 for a entire top and bottom decal.
at 50 bucks its cheaper to do lenticular

- - - Updated - - -

Just so you know, you can't just place the original part on a the table and make a copy without damaging the original. Given the cost of the Matty boards, I won't be doing that with mine.

So the facts with Vac Forming this part are -

1. Plastic thickness pending, the part will always come out slightly over sized with a positive buck.
2. Positive forming will lose the sharp edges.
3. Wall thickness will be thin when using thin plastic to preserve details.

Negative forming will give a better result by keeping the size correct and should allow better definition whilst allowing thicker plastic to be used.

As I said. I will need to look into this.
oh i didnt know it damaged the orginal yeah dont do that lol

- - - Updated - - -

So many people have asked me about selling my 3D printed parts, I am looking into molding and casting the parts and selling them either as a package or for this purpose just the battery pack. The advantage would be that my parts are real close to accurate and if anyone wanted to build an accurate board they would already have accurate parts.
I will put up an interest thread in a little bit.
My parts are the parts that clock88 used for his screen accurate board build.
how much would the pricing be for just the battery pack?

if you get the hc board please wait to sell the mattel one so we can have a comparison? they look so similar to me but the foot plate not spinning on the hc board makes me curios as to how different they are

Sure thing, unless someone else gets there first. I was hoping to wait to use my 20% off coupon since they wouldn't let me apply it to my last preorder (shipped next day) on the sneakers. But I digress.

In the past I was quoted about $200 to have an unpainted hoverboard blank made up like a skateboard deck. It's great to finally see lower priced prop replicas out there, because we can stop taking the expensive ones apart to redo them. Even at the original price from Mattel many of us expected a lot more than paper decals lifting off the plastic right out of the box. Sure it had a rotating footpad, but the movie board just used foamcore and Velcro.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back