Screen Used Star Wars Helmet Questions

SirJediKnightTim

I've been a life long Star Wars fan. Ever since watching Star Wars at the theatre in 1977. But I have always loved sabers most. I have been interested lately in starting a Star Wars helmet collection.

Here comes my stupid question :) . Where the helmets used in the movies (Vaders, Stormtroopers etc.) made of plastic or fiberglass? I have always thought (and as a kid) thinking that they were all plastic.

So what were they made of?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirJediKnightTim @ Apr 2 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]1453862[/snapback]</div>
Here comes my stupid question :) .[/b]
No question is stupid. Questions are the only way we learn, if we can't figure it out for ourselves. And hopefully someone with the answer will answer. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirJediKnightTim @ Apr 2 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]1453862[/snapback]</div>
Where the helmets used in the movies (Vaders, Stormtroopers etc.) made of plastic or fiberglass?[/b]
Quick and easy answer: both. :)

Troopers - plastic
Vader - fiberglass

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Apr 2 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1453868[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirJediKnightTim @ Apr 2 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]1453862[/snapback]
Here comes my stupid question :) .[/b]
No question is stupid. Questions are the only way we learn, if we can't figure it out for ourselves. And hopefully someone with the answer will answer. :thumbsup

Where the helmets used in the movies (Vaders, Stormtroopers etc.) made of plastic or fiberglass?[/b]
Quick and easy answer: both. :)

Troopers - plastic
Vader - fiberglass
[/b][/quote]

Interesting. Why would MR make the Stormtrooper helmet in fiberglass, other than for a bigger ticket price?

MR is making the trooper helmet out of fiberglass because to their average customer it will "feel" more expensive. If people paid $400 and got a paper thin flimsy trooper helmet they would feel ripped off, accuracy be damned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crosby87 @ Apr 2 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1453917[/snapback]</div>
Shepperton Studios made the movie helmets and sells them. :love
[/b]

no comment.

The original stormtrooper buckets were created using a tanish-greenish plastic used for forming fishponds called HDPE.

But they were very thin didnt hold paint well, and chipped and flaked.

After all the probs MR has had with the Ep3 clones I dont think they would even try to make a TK that felt paper thin and wouldnt hold paint.

Vaders helmets were always Fiberglass. B)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back